Profile for Sebastian > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
KLEINIA SENECIO SERPENS STUNNIGN BLUE TALL SUCCULENT IN 7CM POT
KLEINIA SENECIO SERPENS STUNNIGN BLUE TALL SUCCULENT IN 7CM POT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 31 May 2017
This was packaged in the 7cm (deep, it's rectangular) pot advertised, with damp soil and a cardboard tube wrapped around it and taped shut. As I ordered multiple plants at once they were stacked (lying on their side) in a box.
The soil was more or less everywhere but the pot on arrival, which was not a problem for me -I was intending to repot a couple of weeks after recieving it, in order to give it some recovery time, so I just did that earlier.
I don't know if this box was treated particularly roughly, but all of the plants were showing some damage. I waited to do these reviews (ordered 17th March) in order to see how the plants looked after recovering.

Kleinias are known to be pretty sensitive to being knocked around, so I was worried about this one when I saw the soil all over the place in the box. While there were some snapped off leaves, it has recovered excellently and now looks great.

Note that the powedery coating won't grow back, so try to touch it as little as possible!

ALOE VERA BLACK GEM DARK LEAVED ALOE UNUSUAL TWIST ON CLASSIC IN 7CM POT
ALOE VERA BLACK GEM DARK LEAVED ALOE UNUSUAL TWIST ON CLASSIC IN 7CM POT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 31 May 2017

This is a super cute little succulent! It seemed to be much less damaged than the rest of the box I got, possibly because it is quite compact. Any issues have healed now, and it's grown about as much as I would expect!

An important thing to note is that this plant gets it colour from sunlight (as mentioned in the description) so don't put it in the shade. However, if you do, you can put it back into the sun gradually and it will get the beautiful dark colouring back.

All in all I love this little guy and thankfully it seemed less affected by travel than the rest.

SPEARMINT TOUGH HARDY HIGHLY FLAVOURSOME EDIBLE MINT IN 9CM POT
SPEARMINT TOUGH HARDY HIGHLY FLAVOURSOME EDIBLE MINT IN 9CM POT

3.0 out of 5 stars Well..., 31 May 2017

This plant looked very battered on arrival, but I was hoping it could bounce back. Unfortunately, this poor little guy didn't last more than a day or two.

I am a little torn as how to rate this -it arrived in decent time and was definitely a spearmint, and was in the correct size pot. However it was quite small (though it could just have been the postage that made it appear so), and had very little root system.

MIXED HOUSEPLANTS PACK OF 5 DIFFERENT HOUSEPLANTS LUCKY DIP IN 7CM POT
MIXED HOUSEPLANTS PACK OF 5 DIFFERENT HOUSEPLANTS LUCKY DIP IN 7CM POT

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 31 May 2017
It is important to note that white the image shows a mix of succulents, I recieved entirely different plants. They were all labelled, which I really like, so I could find how to look after them, but I don't like that the image is decieving.

These were packaged in the 7cm (deep, it's rectangular) pot advertised, with damp soil and a cardboard tube wrapped around it and taped shut. As I ordered multiple plants at once they were stacked (lying on their side) in a box.

All of the plants looked exceedingly damaged straight out of the box, but now three are doing very well. These are a spider plant, tradescantia, and another whose label I have misplaced. An iron cross plant recovered quite a bit but has stayed kind of sickly-looking. One plant died very quickly after being unboxed.

In all, my biggest issue is that the photo is misleading. I understand that the description says the photo is just an example and you can recieve anything, but I think that a different photo (showing more varieties) would be good. I don't have enough experience with non-succulents to say how the plants were before shipping, but afterwards they weren't doing great. HOWEVER, this is, I think, just an issue with shipping live plants and not the fault of the grower.

GRAPTOPETALUM PARAGUENESE PAE SUCCULENT WITH CREAM STAR FLOWERS IN 7CM PIOT
GRAPTOPETALUM PARAGUENESE PAE SUCCULENT WITH CREAM STAR FLOWERS IN 7CM PIOT
Offered by cornwallplants

4.0 out of 5 stars Good plants and good shipping time (but a bit bashed up), 31 May 2017

The plant is very young, which was mentioned in the description. This does mean that it has not flowered -possibly coupled with the damage it sufferef in transit! The rosette is not very compact, and it lost a few of the lower leaves. This would be less worth mentioning if there were more than 8 left.

After repotting and being careful with the watering the plant seems healthy-ish. It's roots had to grow some and this often leads to some leaves shrivelling, but even now it is looking a little sick around the edges. I don't, however, think this is a fault of the grower but instead of the transit.

In all I think that it was a decent purchase and one I don't regret, but there is always going to be a little risk in shipping live plants.

Outee 7 x 7 (49 Pieces) Polyhedral Dice 7 Colors 7-Die Series Dungeons and Dragons DND MTG RPG D20 D12 D10 D8 D6 D4 Game Dice Sets with Free Pouches
Offered by Outee UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for great dice, 31 May 2017
The bags are pretty standard black cheap velvet -mine did not have the monogram on them. They're good to hold dice and aren't shedding.

The dice themselves are gorgeous! All of the sets were full/ no missing dice or doubles. They're slightly translucent for the swirly/pearlised effect. There were no defects in the paint or dice.

Goodlucky365 70 Polyhedral Dice - Complete Sets Of Seven Dice In 10 Colors - 70 Dice in 10 Little Dice Bags - FREE Large Velvet Dice Bag for Dungeons and Dragons Dice
Offered by Goodlucky365

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for good dice, 31 May 2017
I got these for £14 as they were on sale, so when I mention price this is what I am referring to.

These dice are surprisingly lovely for the price! There were some small paint defects on a couple, but it doesn't change the function and it's quite minimal. I got a full set of each colour but white, no others missing or duplicated.
The solid colour dice are pretty standard basics. The black set had some extra paint on them. The white was missing the 4sided but otherwise was fine.
The translucent colour ones are really cool! I got a red set, it looks very much like jelly.
The glitter ones are beautiful - slightly translucent to show depth.
The swirls/pearlised ones are beautiful too, similarly slightly translucent. I did have some stuff stuck in the numbers of a light green set -it looks like some paint- but it only affected one die. On another set the same die (d10) looked like the paint hadn't quite filled in the numbers.

The large bag is big enough to hold all of the dice even if they are in their own small bags -pretty useful! As you might expect the velvet of the bags isn't the best but it's not shedding and seems study enough, so no complaint.

All in all I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Out of 70 die I only had 3 with issues enough to even bother mentioning, and those don't affect functionality.

Efcolor Kiln Set
Efcolor Kiln Set
Offered by The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time and in good condition. My only complaint is that the metal ..., 26 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Efcolor Kiln Set (Kitchen & Home)
Arrived on time and in good condition. My only complaint is that the metal seems to be rusting in some places and the flat plate over the candles has discoloured a lot from heat, which makes me worry about how it's going to hold up.
However, I have used it at least 10 times now and it's still going strong so maybe the colour is just on the surface.
Great little kiln!

Kings Rising : Book Three of the Captive Prince Trilogy
Kings Rising : Book Three of the Captive Prince Trilogy
by C.S. Pacat

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, beautiful characters, 15 Feb. 2016
Simply stunning. Beautifully written, beautiful characters, and a compelling story to boot. I couldn't put it down, ans id recommend the trilogy to most.

American Gods
American Gods
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book full of wonderful characters, 15 Feb. 2016
This review is from: American Gods (Paperback)
A fantastic book full of wonderful characters, places, events, and anything else you can think of. It's a book I love and would recommend to anyone. It's not the smallest of books, but that's no hardship when it's so brilliant and makes time fly so fast.
My copy was in good but not perfect condition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3