Profile for Charles N. > Reviews

Mudder Adjusting Repair Tool Watchband Link Pin Remover with 2 Extra Pins
Mudder Adjusting Repair Tool Watchband Link Pin Remover with 2 Extra Pins
Offered by Mudder Online UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and easy to use, 18 May 2016
Excellent piece of kit. Adjusted my new watch very quickly and effortlessly.

Bluecol NF56245 Magnetic Car Windscreen Frost Cover
Bluecol NF56245 Magnetic Car Windscreen Frost Cover

1.0 out of 5 stars Could damage your car, 14 Jan. 2016
Binned it as it blew off the windscreen in 1.1km/h wind (weather station nearby) and the magnets slammed into the bonnet of my brand new car.

Hyundai Tucson (2015-0000) Weld-Wide Embossed Tailored Car Mats - [Black Carpet - Blue Detail]
Offered by Unique Car Mats

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product made to a high standard, 6 Jan. 2016
These mats look smart and are of very good quality.

I am sure they will last a long time and am so pleased that I turned down the dealer's offer to sell me originals...at twice the price!

They fit and compliment my new 2015 Hyundai Tucson (65-reg) very well.

Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 3.5L, Red
Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 3.5L, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for getting back to cooking from scratch, the easy way, 10 Nov. 2015
I am loving my new slow cooker - I put it to use 10 minutes after it was delivered (Amazon Prime's same-day delivery service, at no extra cost in this case).

My first attempt was a lentil and carrot soup and it was simply delicious. You have to be patient as it took 3 hours but the end result is definitely worth it.

The manual comes with some recipes which I have not looked at yet, but I highly recommend the BBC Good Food website as it has a lot of yummy looking recipes to try, and in a lot of cases has specific instructions on how to adapt them for slow cooking.

The next best thing, apart from the affordable price, is being able to wash the stoneware pot and lid in the dishwasher!

Carplan Diw005 De-Ionised Water             5Ltr
Carplan Diw005 De-Ionised Water 5Ltr

3.0 out of 5 stars I was happy with buying this product on Amazon until..., 5 Nov. 2015
...I discovered a major supermarket chain starting with a "T" sells 2.5 litre version of the same product/make for £1.15!!!

The product itself seems to be working ok, though I won't know for sure until I have been using it for a few months.

ESYNiC DAC Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo RCA Audio Converter - Digital to Analogue Audio Converter PS3 XBox 360 HDTV Blu RAY DVD Sky HD Amazon Fire TV Box
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for connecting XBOX One to PC, 22 Sept. 2015
I use it to connect an XBOX One to my computer using the toslink and an rca to 3.5mm cable, and it all works perfectly well.

Good solid construction and reasonably priced. Even the box it came in is quality as it has a magnetic fastener - bit OTT but shows they care.

Ring RMS4 Car Four 12V Sockets Adaptor for Dash Cams, Sat Navs and more
Ring RMS4 Car Four 12V Sockets Adaptor for Dash Cams, Sat Navs and more

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but could use a longer cable, 12 Sept. 2015
It does the job it is designed for very well, but I wish the cable was a little bit longer as I had to stretch it a little to be able to position it in a safe area of my Citroen C4. I use it to power a dashcam and satnav and it does so well.

USB Charger RAVPower 40W 4-Port Desktop Charger Mains Charger with iSmart Technology for iPhone 6S iPad, Samsung Galaxy and Android Smartphones -Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-purpose charger, 12 Sept. 2015
This is an excellent must-have gadget: it is a well built, sturdy and efficient multi-device charger. I have tried other multi-port chargers in the past but this one is by far the best and most efficient of them all.

I am able to charge my iPhone 5, Samsung Tab 10.1, TV remote and Kindle all at once while my kids form an orderly queue behind me... (aka I'm going to have to buy another one!).

Nov 2015 update: I now have 3 of these devices and all are working just perfectly (and the kids don't have the queue any longer..!)

Bluetooth Sports Headphones, Mpow Swift Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones Headset with Mic and AptX for iPhone 6s 6s Plus 6 6 Plus 5 5c 5s 4s Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3 Note 3 and Other Android Cell Phones,Black
Offered by Patox

1.0 out of 5 stars The box is nicer than the contents, 8 Sept. 2015
I find them them very uncomfortable to wear despite all the pads and other plastic extensions included in the box.

The sound quality is poor and there is an intermittent buzzing sound on the left earphone.

The cord between the earphones is too short and snags on clothing.

Overall they feel cheap and of poor quality.

I have ordered some Apple earphones, which is what I should have done in the first place...

SLx 27895K4 4G Digidome Outdoor Aerial for Digital TV
SLx 27895K4 4G Digidome Outdoor Aerial for Digital TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a full size aerial any more?, 1 Aug. 2015
This device is magical!

I recently changed TV provider and had to revert to using an aerial instead of cable to receive YouView channels. I was reluctant to have a new one fitted on my roof so bought this device instead, and "wow!" does it deliver!

My digital receiver has acquired 150+ channels and reports 70 to 80% signal strength and 100% signal quality for all channels that I have tested (including HD ones). For reference the transmitting tower at Crystal Palace is around 8-9 miles away from my house.

The device itself is surprisingly small so does not stand out that much - I fitted it above a ground floor window and ran a coax cable back to the front. A red light on the dome lets you know if the wiring is connected ok which is very helpful and, as it is very light, I was able to screw the mounting to the wall using small(ish) Rawlplugs into the grouting around the bricks. The plugs that are provided are way too big for the job imho.

I estimate I have saved around £100 with this device, so am naturally very pleased about that :)
Comment Comment | Permalink