Profile for matrix11001 > Reviews

Content by matrix11001

matrix11001 (Plymouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BUNNY ARK - Hybrid - Double Tier Rabbit Hutch Guinea Pig House Cage Pen Home (RH10) - In Stock

4.0 out of 5 stars Bunnies in the house!, 6 Mar. 2016
An excellent hutch. I would suggest a maximum of two rabbits in the cage. It will happily house one - but rabbits need company too. Any more than that I would recommend getting a larger hutch.

It was fairly easy to construct and seems rather sturdy. It's not that large in appearance or take up much room, so is ideal for a smaller garden, where space is at a premium.

I found one of the latches a bit awkward to use, however I expect with continued use/WD-40 it should be fine.

The materials are of a very good standard and I can imagine that it will last a number of years.

HIGH SECURITY ELECTRONIC DIGITAL SAFE STEEL SAFE HOME - 8.5 litres Larger Than Standard Safes
Offered by D Pro Tools UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid safe, 15 Mar. 2015
Good Safe - seems very sturdy. I've not had it long, so this a review as it stands so far. The door seems stable, the keys are in good condition. It is quite easy to assign your own code to the door. Even my mother can operate this and she's not in the slightest a technical person. Comes highly recommended. I would give it five stars, however the postman dropped my safe (didn't inform the person taking it in for me) - it chipped a slight bit on the corner. However remained in tack. I haven't secured it down to the floor yet, however you do get some very sturdy looking bolts to bolt it to the floor. The interior size is good enough for most uses and as a first safe. I do not believe you can fit a flat A4 sheet in it, but this shouldn't be a problem. It seems larger than most small safes and for it's price I doubt you could find better.

Trollied - Series 4
Trollied - Series 4

2.0 out of 5 stars Trollied going into adminstration, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Trollied - Series 4 (DVD)
This is a series about people you are likely to meet if you go to a local store such as a Costco (Valco is a fictional company). Some of the characters they get it right. Unfortunately as the seasons have progressed - Season 1 (great), Season 2 (even better), Season 3 (going downhill, while losing important and comedic characters - their downfall (Andy with his all and mighty Head Butcher mentality was a great loss) to what Season 4 has come down to. After Season 3 I was surprised they commissioned a Season 4, by now we've lost a fair few of the characters who made Trollied worth watching and made you think - that's just like your local shop.

Daniel is a great replacement for Julie (her inappropriate, unwanted doe-eyed following of Gavin in hope of being with him got tiring after 3 seasons: I'm glad she didn't come back this season and got a good replacement). Most of the other new characters failed to impress. Stephen Tompkinson's character - the new Pharmacist at Valco just comes off as quite nasty (puts down his wife and brother for being doctors because he failed at med school), petty, elitist and very tiring to listen to. They're trying to replace Andy's humor with someone who is too big for his shoes, but the comedy balance isn't right at all. As for Colin's nan - I have not seen anyone who deserved the sack (other than Colin and his antics of course - which is what we watch for) who just came across as mean spirited and rude most of the time and unwilling to do even the most basic parts of her job unless it was to her liking. It would have been better to have her come in as a customer than have her full time - her embarrassing treatment of Colin would have been more effective without the need to have a character as a filler for one of the better characters who didn't return.

Overall I am unimpressed as they got rid of some great characters, replaced them with inappropriate or unfunny replacements and the story lines seemed very haphazard. I watched all the episodes (you only get one disc worth this season) but from the first episode it really failed to ignite much humor. I was left even more disappointed than with Season 3. It's a shame they couldn't have keep what made Season 1 and 2 great.

I can't see there being a season 5, if there is I dread to see what they do.

Night of the Living Dead - Resurrection
Night of the Living Dead - Resurrection
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor zombie movie - don't waste your time with it!, 24 Oct. 2014
I have rarely seen a film so substandard. The original night of the living dead was excellent in it's own right. I don't know who chose to film this as a hand held camera format, but it really shows how poor the acting is.

This moves on to my second issue with this film - none of the people are worthy of the title actor: the acting wasn't realistic or believable at all. There were no characters that you could get attached to or warm up to.

There was no real storyline - I expected much better. I have seen bad zombie movies and this I would label - just a mistake. It's not even so bad it's good - it's so bad that it was a waste of the film it was filmed on.

I would suggest to avoid this film - you won't get much from viewing this film. You'd be better off watching the walking dead or a much better zombie movie. I'd give this film half a star if I could.

Do I Love You? [2004] [DVD]
Do I Love You? [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lisa Gornick
Offered by Disc-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Do I Love You? [2004] [DVD] (DVD)
Even though I noticed the low ratings on this movie I thought I'd still give it a shot.

I've not seen many lesbian rom coms and to call this a rom com, it's offence to all the decent movies out there who are even borderline rom coms.

I couldn't really find a shred of romance in this movie. I found the plot (what plot?) convoluted (and not in a good way), unimaginative and quite boring.

I found the characters very boring and I couldn't warm to any of them. Why they chose the handheld camera style filming is beyond me - it just makes the movie look cheap and nasty! So many cringeworthy moments - it's hard to pick anything I found enjoyable about the film.

I am sure there are some great lesbian rom coms (Kissing Jessica Stein deserves a particular shout out), but this one is very much a miss.

The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fantastic Grand Budapest Hotel, 7 Aug. 2014
It is quite difficult to review this movie without giving much away.

This film in simple terms in one of the strangest and most intriguing films I have ever seen. The appeal of it and what really kept my attention was how unusual, unpredictable and masterfully filmed it was.

This story is recounted to a young writer (Jude Law) by the Lobby Boy, who is now the owner of the Grand Budapest and how and why he became the owner. The story is amazing and full of interesting stories and when you find out at the end why he owners a run down hotel.

The movie is mainly set in The Grand Budapest Hotel. The story is about the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at the Grand Budapest Hotel and the Lobby Boy he takes under his wing and their friendship through difficult situations they face.

They're journey from beginning to end is hard to describe without giving spoilers. They come into contact with many interesting people and he tells their story too.

I have to thoroughly recommend the movie if the synopsis appeals to you and even if it doesn't give it a try! You will not be disappointed as this film will appeal to all those who love films and enjoy intrigue!

Visually stunning and amazing backdrops to the movie - they picked their settings well. We're even treated to by several cameo (Bill Murray being the most unlikely one considering how picky he is with the films he stars in).

Her [DVD]
Her [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joaquin Phoenix

4.0 out of 5 stars Innovative and interesting - may contain spoilers, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Her [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say quite an innovative movie. The premise of falling in love with the perfect operating system which is Artificial Intelligence and seeing how they interact with each other is quite unusual and at times a bit unsettling. Even though their interactions which take place through an earpiece for a greater part of the movie might put some people off, but you should give this film a go. It really makes you think about what true love is and how far people will go to find it, even if that means falling in love with a computer, it can be quite disconcerting at times to see how normal he thinks it all is, but deep down I think it really makes you realise how hard it is to find a perfect love - which is what he believes he has.

I won't say too much more as it would be too revealing to go in much depth. It's quite a thought provoking look into the way we interact with computers/other people and how technology will evolve in the future. It's a glimpse into the future to see what computers are capable of and how disconnected people can become with the enhancement of technology.

It can be slow at times, however I recommend making sure you watch to the end. One of the best films I've seen in a while even if I can't warm to the guy myself, it has even made me think about what I am looking for and what I need to do to find it.

Well worth a watch and a thoroughly recommended movie!

The Pretty One
The Pretty One

4.0 out of 5 stars One of Zoe's most defining moments, 20 July 2014
This review is from: The Pretty One (DVD)
Quite an evocative and at times emotional film - Zoe Kazan shines as she plays twin sisters. The movie takes off when she takes over the life of her sister, who died in a car crash. She doesn't recall which sister she is when she wakes up. However, given the chance to go back to being a wallflower or living the life of the "the pretty" twin she chooses the latter. This film is kind of her adventure of discovering herself and who she is in the world (whichever sister she is).

Comes highly recommended, but keep the tissue box close - can be a tear-jerker at times

6 x Prank Parking Tickets
6 x Prank Parking Tickets
Offered by Funkinguk

5.0 out of 5 stars Pranking Funtime, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: 6 x Prank Parking Tickets (Toy)
I like this product - it appears to be high quality, good materials and the printed notice has plenty of options on it to fool people intom thinking its a real ticket they've got.

The envelope is of high quality too, and looks very much like the real thing. I'm sure anyone who purchases this item wil have many hours of fun winding people up with them - all in good faith. or naming and shaming terrible drivers.

I'd recommend them to any driver and intend to keep them stocked up, as I encounter a lot of bad drivers on my travels - especially bad parkers who need to be taken down a notch or two and taught how to park - this could be their wake up call.

Anyway - good product, if you like winding people up or want to take people up on their driving issues I would definitely recommend purchasing these Prank Parking Tickets. I certainly intend to use them A LOT!

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Hugo Weaving
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to be Hobbitized, 16 April 2013
This movie is one of three prequels to the extremely popular and fantastic adventures of Frodo Baggins and the fellowship that started in the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring through to The Return of the King.

This movie starts at the beginning of the Fellowship of the Ring movie, which I thought was a nice touch. The we are transported 60 years back to when Bilbo and Gandalf meet and go on the journey that changed the course of his life.

Bilbo is chosen by Gandalf to be the Burglar and fourteenth member of Thorin Oakensheild's company. This movie charts their adventures from Hobbiton, through to Rivendell and the Kingdom of the Goblins.

There are several interweaving stories in this movie, which just adds to delightful journey you are taken upon. They have cameos from Bennedict Cumberbatch and Sylvester McCoy. You also get to see some of the people you have come to know and love in the Lord of the Rings: Galadriel, Lord Elrond, the older Bilbo Baggins and Frodo and Saruman the White.

I can't say there are any amazing battles as such in this movie, as the best has been left for the next movie: The Hobbit - the desolation of Smaug. However there is more than enough to keep your interest and you get to meet some interesting characters and situations along the way.

I thoroughly recommend this movie - it's not just a build up to the next movie. Another thing I liked is you don't get to completely see what Smaug looks like in this film, but you do get to see him take over the mountain and the back story there.

I haven't had the opportunity to view this movie in 3D however I can imagine that if it is as good as if not better than the standard 2D version then it will be worth the wait and there is quite a few scenes which no doubt will benefit from the addition of 3D. Overall a good purchase.

Page: 1 | 2