Profile for Badger > Reviews

Content by Badger

Badger (Yorkshire, UK)

The courage to be me: A story of courage, self-compassion and hope after sexual abuse
by Dr Nina Burrowes

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me feel understood..., 3 April 2014
This is the best book on the subject I have ever come across. I am a very visual person and so this book just made so much sense to me, books that are too wordy or clinical get into my logical brain and I try and analyze the things I feel and think, the reasons why, and I try and make sense.

This book however goes deeper than that, it gets to a part of your brain that you can not easily reach, because all the elements of you can understand, they can "see" and "hear" the words and the pictures. Many would have been much younger when they were abused and the way this book is made, it felt like it was talking directly to those younger damaged elements of myself.

When I first read Nina's chapter 2 - I'm not mad - I was moved by how she just "got it", right in front of me were my own feelings and fears that I dared never speak of, that I held in me because I thought it was only me who felt that way... suddenly it wasn't just me anymore and that is why this book is so special.

Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities (Voices That Matter)
by David Airey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for any budding designer, 28 Jan. 2010
This is a fantastic book, full of insite into the depth and thought behind logo creation.

It truly inspires you the reader to be more creative and to think from another more exciting level when thinking about what is behind a logo or visual identity.

It gave me back my spark for everything I love about design, and made me want to get my notebook out and start doodling.
The section on the design process is especially thought provoking and useful, and really shows you how when designing a logo you must start from the ground up with mind mapping and sketching out your thoughts and ideas before diving straight in, by mapping out your thoughts and ideas you can come across angles you may not have noticed.

Not only does this book take you through the design process and how to "think" like a logo designer it also has many practical tips on working with clients, from the initial pitch to final project completion.

A great book, by a great clear and concise writer.

Be warned if you buy this book you may well find yourself analysing all those well know logos out there!