Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit
Profile for Ms. C. J. Coleman > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. J. Coleman

Ms. C. J. Coleman "Charlotte" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Amy and the Green Coat
Amy and the Green Coat

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent short story., 27 Sept. 2011
Fun short story with an important moral. Suitable for children around and under the age of ten. Worth a read and look forward to more stories.

Usborne Book of Greek Myths (Usborne Myths & Legends)
Usborne Book of Greek Myths (Usborne Myths & Legends)
by Anna Milbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 26 April 2011
I brought this book for my book club (children based) and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic! The stories are just the right length to keep the children entertained and very enjoyable from an adult perspective too. The illustrations are lovely. All round good buy.

A Midsummer Night's Dream [DVD] [1999]
A Midsummer Night's Dream [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Kevin Kline

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., 20 Jan. 2011
I really loved this adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream. The well-known actors and actresses made it all the more interesting for me and the end Act was hilarious. If you've read the play but haven't watched it, you really should. There is so much comedy that can get missed by reading only.

A Doll's House: York Notes Advanced
A Doll's House: York Notes Advanced
by Henrik Ibsen

4.0 out of 5 stars A good study guide., 20 Jan. 2011
Granted, this book does not contain the full scripted play; however, I only needed basic information on it for my English Lit A2 'reading for meaning' exam. The book included: themes and relevant quotes, Acts and analysis, and pertinent quotes, character analysis, information on the Ibsen and information about historical context. If you're studying the play in isolation, you would definitely need to buy another book that actually contains the full script. If you want to get an overview, this is the book for you.

Remington S1005 Ceramic Straight 230 Hair Straightener
Remington S1005 Ceramic Straight 230 Hair Straightener

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money., 20 Jan. 2011
I use my thick GHDs to straighten my hair and the Remington ones to curl it: they do they job well. I don't think the Remington ones would work as well on thick hair, without the GHDs; on thin hair I imagine they would be fine. They do smell of burning when you first use them and they take a little while to get to full heat. The smell soon goes though and for a quarter of the price of GHDs they are well worth the money and not so far removed in quality.

New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS)
New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, shame it's not suitable for DSi, 20 Jan. 2011
I brought this for my nine year old son who's into Mario. It was a good purchase and price - he loves it. The only problem is that it's not suitable for the DSi. Luckily we have a normal DS and the game works fine. The seller did inform us that it wasn't compatible with anything but the standard DS.

Postcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
Postcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
by None

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 4 Dec. 2010
I am very pleased with this product and the postcards are good quality and contain some classics. The only criticism I have is that there weren't that many classic book postcards i.e. Jane Austin, Charles Dickens. There was, however, Wuthering Heights, which is one of my favourites.

AQA English Language A AS: Student's Book (Aqa Language for As)
AQA English Language A AS: Student's Book (Aqa Language for As)
by Daniel Clayton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Dec. 2010
Very straightforward and to the point. Good tool kit at the back to make sure you have got the correct terminology and includes everything that is relevant to a certain section i.e. grammar. Examiner's tips are handy to know and the book isn't bogged down with loads of detail.

Definitely worth a buy if you are studying this subject with AQA.

Handwriting (Help with Homework)
Handwriting (Help with Homework)
by VARIOUS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for reinforcing basic handwriting, 25 Nov. 2010
I actually brought this for my nine year old who struggles with handwriting. It was good to go back to basics and remember the shapes of letters, not just the word. He actually quite liked doing the stickers and the book isn't too long and boring.

The Girl's Like Spaghetti: Why, You Can't Manage Without Apostrophes!
The Girl's Like Spaghetti: Why, You Can't Manage Without Apostrophes!
by Lynne Truss

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov. 2010
I am a massive fan of Lynne Truss and love her Children's books that teach punctuation in a fun way. This book is not full of boring facts and literature but it cleverly uses pictures to illustrate how punctuation can make a difference. Good for adults too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3