Profile for stelly > Reviews

Content by stelly

stelly (yorks)

NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX2700-100UKS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2016
Excellent little booster, arrived quickly and works a treat. Highly recommend.

PrePayMania Fone Talk & Text / Sim Free / Unlocked / Mobile Phone - Black
PrePayMania Fone Talk & Text / Sim Free / Unlocked / Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, 6 Aug. 2013
Bought this for my father in law and he loves it! Easy to use and has everything he wants from a phone. Would recommend this phone if all you want is to make calls and texts.

Magicians [DVD]
Magicians [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Mitchell
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars One word "DISAPPOINTED", 30 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Magicians [DVD] (DVD)
Well the title of my review says it all. Im a massive fan of Mitchell and Webb. Of the sketch shows and Peep Show too, so I was looking forward to what Magicians had to offer. What a disappointing end to my birthday, it had been bought for me. I dont think I laughed once, I just didn't see where the laughs were gonna come from. I couldn't wait for the film to end, even though it was bad I had the good grace to watch till the end. I wouldn't recommend it.

The Hitcher [DVD]
The Hitcher [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars No Hitchers please!, 4 Jan. 2008
This review is from: The Hitcher [DVD] (DVD)
Well not having seen the original, but knowing that Rutger Hauer was the creepy hitcher in the original film i was intrigued that Sean Bean would be playing the psycho. I wasn't disappointed. This film had all elements i enjoy from a thriller/horror. Scare and jump out my skin factor, plus a plausable psycho guy. Hats off to the young female she really had the biggest balls. I enjoyed this film, must see the original now but dont think it will put me off the remake. The thing about Sean Bean being the massacring psycho is you wouldn't fail to be not just charmed but seduced by him. Even with a knife to your throat he is very sexy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2011 9:57 PM BST

Once Upon A Time In The West [Uk Version]
Once Upon A Time In The West [Uk Version]
Offered by NetsavesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting more!!, 5 Sept. 2007
Ok so i loved loved loved, Stars Of CCTV, and played it to death, and for what seems like forever have been waiting for their second album. I love their style of music its right up my street. The new album is the same sound and quirky songs; just what i like. I feel a bit disappointed though, because the whole thing is only 37 mins long! It seems over in a flash, thats the only thing i quibble with. The songs are cool.

Fun at the Funeral Parlour [DVD]
Fun at the Funeral Parlour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Whitehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 24 May 2007
I think i may have been one of the only people that saw this on BBC Choice, im certainly the only person i know who did. I cant believe the BBC didn't give this comedy the recognition it deserved. Having recently bought the dvd and watched both series,I am truely aghast at how funny it is and the genius idea of making a comedy out of 4 goons running a family funeral parlour in Wales. When i look and see all the rubbish comedy on BBC 3 now and endless mind numbing repeats, i just believe they should be re-showing this. Its hilarious, true comic heavyweights playing characters that you can see they absolutely revelled in. I do not have enough adjectives in my vocabulary to describe how well written and funny Fun at the Funeral Parlour is; so I will just say its Genius and you must see it yourself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2016 10:27 PM BST

Melody A.M.
Melody A.M.
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs prozac!, 20 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Melody A.M. (Audio CD)
If it wasn't for this album. my hair would have gone grey or fallen out simple as that! This time last year i was stressed out big time working hard on the final year of my degree. Suffering nervous exhaustion, i started to find that gettin hammered wasn't helping the stress go away anymore. I bought Melody AM and all my stresses were lifted gently out of my body and thrown aggressively out of the window of my grotty student house. It's wonderful, full of electronic melodies that make your mind deflate and just let it wonder over hills and oceans. In Space, is a perfect example of feeling like you are drifting on a boat, further out to sea and not caring one little bit.
It's not really a chillout album, but somehow it amazingly manages to make you feel happy and relaxed. Wouldn't be sane now if i hadn't bought it. So if you feel depressed or stressed or both, don't bother with doctors. Just prescribe yourself Melody AM by Royksopp and within the hour you will be feelin on top again, guaranteed.

Cream Collection Balearic
Cream Collection Balearic

5.0 out of 5 stars The pleasures of Cream, 20 Jan. 2004
Im a great believer in dance complilation albums, although i usually end up buying albums that only have one song on that i love. When i first picked up this album, a song jumped out at me. Sueno Latino! I was sold already, when i gazed over the songs on the album i couldn't believe it, it has an amazing mixture of songs that you wouldn't have put on an album with dance tunes. Lullaby (The Cure) and Forbidden Colours (David Sylvian) are fantastic and put amongst some ibiza classics, this album should be in every CD rack in every home. You only have to read the track list, and there is at least one song that everyone will remember and love. Buy it!

Letter to Brezhnev [VHS] [1985]
Letter to Brezhnev [VHS] [1985]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Always happens to me this!, 18 Jan. 2004
As a rule i'm not really a fan of Margi Clark, but she is convincing in this film, as i suspect she was playing herself. There are some heart warming moments in the film, and some funny scouse moments too. Two twenty something girls decide to make a quiet drink down the pub, into something more exciting. They leave the local and head into the city, to bag themselves some fellas to buy them drinks, the wage packet doesn't stretch to city centre bars and clubs. They get chased out of one club, after Margi's character (Teresa) steals a wallet full of money. They safely make it to another club, where they meet two Russian sailors. They spend the night with the Russians, Teresa with the rugged Sergei. Elaine is looking for love with Peter, but he leaves for Russia the next day. She dreams of being together with him, and in her desparation to get away from her dull life; she writes a letter to the Soviet leader Brezhnev. He replies to her letter, with permission to go over the Soviet Union and be reunited with Peter. Local MP's try to dissuade her, but she is determined and she leaves knowing she will probably never see Liverpool or family again.
Not a usual Saturday night scenario, even in a dockland city. Lots of comedy moments, some may only be appreciated by scousers. A nice bit of romantic fantasy, not a lot of that went on in Liverpool in the 1980's, Elaine being on the dole and completely sick of it. The only realism being will she have a better life in this communist country, will it matter if she has her true love? A lot can be taken from Elaine's spirit and determination, and may have spurred a few people on during that time of mass unemployment. Definitely worth a watch!

Threads [VHS] [1984]
Threads [VHS] [1984]
VHS
Offered by funkybunnie

5.0 out of 5 stars A fiction of reality, 18 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Threads [VHS] [1984] (VHS Tape)
I first heard about the film three years ago, and it took two years for me to pluck up the courage to actually watch it. Films in made in this way, are always more appealing to me, the gritty realism in the narrative makes the film shocking not the explosions. Its terrifying to think that people living simple lives one day, could be shattered within minutes the next. The news bulletins were frighteningly realistic, and not dissimilar to the news bulletins we were watching this time last year. I remember being terrified as a child in the eighties, often receiving leaflets about nuclear war with a mushroom bomb on the front.
The fact that there would be no immunity for anybody in this scenerio is what really strikes fear into you. You realise nobody is safe, not even the government. I think this film was brilliantly researched and made in a simplistic way for anyone to understand. The mixture of fiction and real facts are brilliantly illustrated.
I believe that even now; twenty years on, this film will still make a huge impact on anyone watching for the first time and it is worth watching not only for the drama, but also for facts and repercussions of such an event taking place. Uncomfortable but mesmerising and thought provoking.