Profile for Sassy Brit > Reviews

Content by Sassy Brit
Top Reviewer Ranking: 428

Sassy Brit "Newton Reviews" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
John Frieda Continuous Control Firm Hold Hairspray, 400ml
John Frieda Continuous Control Firm Hold Hairspray, 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Hold Hair Spray, 26 Jun. 2017
I am reviewing the John Frieda Ultimate Fixation Hairspray, 250ml
Here are my thoughts:

^^ This medium sized can of hairspray is the ultimate strength hairspray.

^^ The first time I used this I was pleased to discover my hairstyle lasted throughout the day, yet brushed out easily at night.

^^ It's light. Non-sticky and has an extra strength hold.

^^ It also has a lovely fragrance.

Overall: I really like this hairspray which brushes out easily at the end of the day.

Post-it Notes - 6412 to Z Available
Post-it Notes - 6412 to Z Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Sticky Z Type Post-Its, 26 Jun. 2017
am reviewing the Post-it Notes - 6412 to Z Available. Here are my thoughts:

^^ I'm not sure if these should be called "6412 to Z Available", as it makes no sense to me, possibly this is a description error? Anyway, what you get is six packs, two of each three different colours of Z style Post-It Notes. These can be used as is, or there are special dispensers you can buy to hold them and pull them out one-by-one.

^^ These have special adhesive that is super sticky and sticks to a lot more surfaces than the old style Post-It notes.

^^ The colours are pink, green and blue.

Overall: I do like to use Post-It Notes and have a dispenser, so I'm happy with these.

Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder, Blonde
Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder, Blonde

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Natural Looking, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder, Blonde. Here are my thoughts:

^^ To be honest, I would never have thought to try this, if I had not had the chance to review it, and I am glad I did.

^^ This colour suits me. It helps to really define my eyebrows for a neater look whilst still remaining natural. I'm not keen on the dark, penciled in look which can look really harsh on some girls.

^^ In addition, this can be used as an eyeliner, which is quite a nice idea.

^^ Very easy to use. The bottle has a sponge applicator included and the colour is in fact a soft powder which is smudge, transfer and water proof.

Overall: Very easy to use and to get a neat, professional look.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only needs a very small amount!, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen/Grow and Repair Edge Treatment 118 ml. Here are my thoughts:

^^ The first time I tried this I put far too much on and my hair went lank, heavy and took days to come clean. Then I read the instruction, read some reviews and realised I'd been doing it all wrong.

^^ Even so, I will admit to having used this a couple more times and still putting too much on. Now I have it down to a fine art and I love this product! What's my secret? I only put a very small pea size amount into my hand and rub my hands together and then into the ends of my hair, staying away from the roots. I also use this on individual locks of hair that are the most unruly (almost wiry) but very carefully and still only using a small amount.

^^ I like this because it also calms my flyaway hair and only a small amount is needed each time, so it lasts a long time.

^^ I'm not keen on how sticky this makes my hair feel when I use it, and have learnt this is not a daytime treatment (the hard way!) not unless you can hide away in your house all day. My bad. I didn't read the instructions the first time round. It quite clearly says "use at night".

Overall: I actually used this again last night, wrapped my hair up and then washed it out this morning. I was careful not to put too much in, so I didn't have any trouble getting my hair clean again. My hair is now so soft and feels absolutely healthy and nourished.

Picture Hanging Strips w/Adhes, Stay Straight, 4/PK, BK
Picture Hanging Strips w/Adhes, Stay Straight, 4/PK, BK
Offered by Cheapest Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Command Picture Hanging Strips w/Adhes, Stay Straight 4 pack, in black. Here are my thoughts:

^^ What you get here is four sets of mini strips in black.

^^ The "per click" system means they both the strip that attaches to the wall and the strip that attaches to the back of the frame can be pushed together (rather like Velcro) until they are tightly attached to each other and "click" into a secure position. This works really well.

^^ Comes in either black or white, so white mounting strips work well on white walls and black strips show up less on darker painted walls.

^^ There are also several different sized that hold different weights, to choose from. I like having a selection to hand, just in case I need them.

^^ I've used these a lot and if there is one thing I've learnt is that the wall you put these on must be clean from dust, grit or kitchen type grime. And the flatter the surface the better.

Overall: I find these really useful, I'm always putting up pictures and then changing my mind where I want them. These are so good for that as they stick fast, come off easily and do not damage either the wall or the back of the frame. Such a great idea!

Post-it 87.5mm x 69.8mm Note Taking Tabs - Transparent/ Yellow (10 Tabs per Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reusable Note-Taking Stickies, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Post-it Note Taking Tabs - Transparent/ Yellow (10 Tabs per Pack). Here are my thoughts:

^^ These Post-it note taking tabs are not only large enough to write a decent amount of notes on (87.5mm x 69.8mm) but they are reusable.

^^ I find them great to use a bookmarks that I can write on, in my diary, so I can unstick them and put them on another page when I need to. But I'm sure you'll find your own uses for these.

Overall: These are very handy. A good pack size and reusable. Plenty of room for writing notes. What a great idea!

Christian BRETON Eye Care Anti-Fatigue 15 ml
Christian BRETON Eye Care Anti-Fatigue 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cooling, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Christian BRETON Eye Care Anti-Fatigue 15 ml. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This rejuvenating gel is lovely to use and can help reduce puffiness and fine lines, just be keeing the eye area hydrated.

^^ It comes in a glass pot, and the gel is purple. I find the smell reminds me a sweet rosewater fragrance.

^^Apparently, this is a favourite with air hostesses.

Overall: I like this eye gel, and like to use it when I'm tired or have puffy hayfever eyes, which need cooling down. I've also found this anti-fatigue gel quite handy for reviving my tired eyes the morning after a busy night out, especially as I keep this in the fridge so the gel stays fresh and cool.

Offered by Product Nation

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Whole Set, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Product Nation 30 x 45cm Whiteboard Dry wipe Magnetic with Pen Tray, Aluminum Trim and Accessory Pack. Here are my thoughts:

^^ I have two whiteboards permanently fixed to the wall in my office, so I was pleased to try another version to try out. This comes as an all in one pack with aluminum trim, two pens (red and black), rubber, six magnets. The pens can be stuck to the board if needed.

^^ The whiteboard itself works absolutely fine.

^^ Thia also comes with a pair of integral sliding hangers, so it can be hung on a wall (landscape), either in a permanent or temporary position (using Command hooks, I bought separately).

Overall: A very nice set. I keep this one nearby, and have not fixed it permanently like I did the others, as it's nice to have a whiteboard that can be moved around for a change. Very happy with this, which is a great price for the whole set.

Cambridge A4 Jotter - Green (Pack of 3)
Cambridge A4 Jotter - Green (Pack of 3)
Offered by Shoplet-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I love everything about these pads, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Cambridge A4 Jotter - Green (Pack of 3). Here are my thoughts:

^^ I'm a pens and pads sort of person, constantly scribbling away, so oddly pens and paper (in all their various forms) are a bit of a weakness for me. Just like some girls love shoes, or bags, it's pens and paper for me. Plus, I live in Cambridge, so Cambridge pads are already a favourite of mine, just because of the name...

^^ With 200 pages this ring bound pad (and there are three in a pack) means I can lay open my pad flat and write in it, with no problems.

^^ The pages are perforated with 4 hole punches, so when you need to you can rip out the page neatly and put it in a ring binder with ease.

^^ The card at the back is firm enough to support you when writing if y ou like to have the pad on your lap. The front cover (which is not really that important to me) is a cool, metallic green. A simple, clean design that would not look out of place in an office.

^^ The paper itself is lined with a white background and one grey margin line to the left.

^^ The paper is also a very good thickness which I like. Nothing worse than flimsy paper to write on.

Overall: Very happy with these A4 Cambridge jotters. Suitable or home, school or even office use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Sound and Portability - Works with Alexa!, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reviewing the Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Bluetooth Speaker Waterproof with Double-Up Connection - Fireball Red. Here are my thoughts:

^^ I have tried out quite a few portable speakers, and although this looked kind of odd to me, in shape and design, and fairly small, I have been blown away with the quality and have grown to love this.

^^ This bluetooth speaker easily connects to my mobile phone, but what I love about this is it also connects to my Amazon Echo/dot, so I can have the music in a completely different room. This is handy, for instance, when my son is watching telly, and I want to listen to a book or music in a different room. We don't disturb each other that way when we want to do our own things!

^^ It can pair wirelessly to stream to two UE speakers at the same time. So in theory you can have two of these speakers either side of you - that's a lot of sound. Larger versions of this can pair to even more. Wi-Fi range is 30m (100 ft). I find this is ample for my house.

^^ As for sound quality, I'm impressed. It turns up loud (the plus and minus signs on the front are not just for decoration, they are the volume control buttons. Plus like Alexa, the speakers have all around sound, this provides clear sound all around the room. And it can go surprisingly loud, without distortion. It goes up to 87 DB(A).

^^ Lasts quite a while before it needs charging. About 10 hours. I like to charge mine up every other day when using it a lot.

^^ It's completely waterproof. I used to be scared of testing out these things, but these days when companies say they're waterproof they're really waterproof. I had this literally fall into the bath and float, and it's still going strong. It's totally sealed, and actually cleanable. No cleaning fluids though, just a damp cloth works fine,

^^ Comes in a range of colours. It's made from tough material, so it never feels like it might break if dropped.

^^ What it doesn't come with is a plug, just a USB connection for charging. This is fine for me, but a plug can be bought separately if you prefer to charge it up directly through the mains.

Overall: Very happy with this, despite first impressions, it's not just another wireless speaker, this is really good for so many reasons. It's also really nicely presented, so would make a great gift.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20