Profile for Mrs Marguerite Gascoine > Reviews

Content by Mrs Marguerite...

Mrs Marguerite Gascoine

Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa
Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Sept. 2013
I have absolutely loved all of Peter Godwin's other books, but this one was less engaging. I found my mind wondering a little on occasion and have moved on to another book without finishing.

The Fast Diet: The secret of intermittent fasting - lose weight, stay healthy, live longer

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to manage your weight., 30 Sept. 2013
Good explanation of the scientific background to this new diet. Not really a diet, more of a life style and I love the feeling that I don't have to eat (stangely liberating) and that I can have whatever I fancy the next day. I've lost 3 kilos in 4 weeks and don't feel like I'm missing out on life!

Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)
Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars This book was very disappointing, 30 Sept. 2013
Although the book started off well, I soon got a little bored with this. The story was a little soppy and the bit about the angel was not very convincing!

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the other Hosseini books, 30 Sept. 2013
A heartbreaking story. Very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.The story jumps back and forth between war torn Afghanistan and the modern day USA. It gives a good insight into what immigrants might go through.

The Villa Triste
The Villa Triste

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story in a historic setting I knew very little about, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Villa Triste (Kindle Edition)
A story going back and forth between a modern "Who dunnit" and a wonderful story of war time Italy. I loved this book.

Stanley: The Impossible Life of Africa's Greatest Explorer
Stanley: The Impossible Life of Africa's Greatest Explorer
by Tim Jeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic biography, 28 Feb. 2013
This is one of the best books I have read, and a very gripping biography. It was a surprise to read about Stanley's early childhood which explains much about this interesting man.