Profile for BB > Reviews

Content by BB

BB (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Expedition Men's Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Black Nylon Strap T499484E

5.0 out of 5 stars A good functional watch., 21 Jan. 2015
This seems to be a really good watch. It's comfy and sits well on the wrist, looks ok but not very pretty (ok, I know it's a mens watch and I'm not a man but it is definitely a watch you get for function rather than looks). It was easy to set up the time and date, I have to admit that I haven't done any more than that. Thanks to young children setting an alarm is a rare event and I would use my phone for that. I haven't had a digital watch since I was a child I think so that took a bit of getting used to but I like it and the display is so easy to read. The light is very useful too. I'm really happy with it.

Marvel Boys' Spiderman Comic Strip Onesie, Marine Blue/Red, 5 Years
Marvel Boys' Spiderman Comic Strip Onesie, Marine Blue/Red, 5 Years
Offered by NAUGHTYBABY

2.0 out of 5 stars This is great apart from the zip., 12 Jan. 2015
My son loves this, it fits well for the size and is soft and comfy. The only thing is that the zip is a total nightmare to do up. It just doesn't sit right and as a result sometimes it seems to work but more often than not it doesn't. My son certainly can't do it himself which is a shame and when I try it's a battle that I often give up on. Very frustrating.

Ice-Watch Unisex Quartz Watch with Turquoise Dial Analogue Display and Turquoise Silicone Strap ICE.SB.U.S.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour but that's about it!, 12 Jan. 2015
I had an Ice watch before this one that I really liked, so was keen to get another Ice watch. However this one was terrible. The strap is so thin I'm sure that it won't last long, I just can't compare it to the other one so I wonder if they've got worse in quality or if it's just the different models. The two bits on the watch strap that hold the strap down were so thin, even thinner than the rest of the strap. These broke on my old Ice watch after two years and those ones were so much thicker that I'd imagine that these would last a couple of months max. They also moved all the time which meant that my strap was constantly sticking out and getting caught on things and I'd have to put it all back in place.

The good thing about the watch is the colour, it is lovely and it is also really quiet. The ticking will not bother you at night if you're sensitive to such things. The watch does not glow in the dark at all, something I hadn't really thought about but drove me a bit mad. I feel like this is more of an occasional watch rather than an every day one.

So after treating myself to this as my only Christmas present this year I was really disappointed. I think that I will sell it on ebay or something as I'm hardly going to use it. Instead I got a cheap digital watch that will hopefully not drive me crazy and will last a lot longer!

The Wronged Sons
The Wronged Sons

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as everyone said it was., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Wronged Sons (Kindle Edition)
I heard so many people raving about this book that I had to read it, sadly for me it didn't live up to expectation. I enjoyed it and liked had the two stories were brought together as the book unfolded but the ending just felt like a bit of a let down somehow. I'm pleased that I read it but it wasn't as amazing as I was hoping. Still an interesting concept for a story.

Playmobil Wild Life 5276 Noah's Ark
Playmobil Wild Life 5276 Noah's Ark

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for little animal fans., 14 Dec. 2014
I gave this to my son for his 4th birthday and he loves it. He's really into animals so it suited him really well. It is a bit fiddly to put together (what playmobil isn't?!) so I'd suggest putting it together and then wrapping it once up so that they can start to play straight away. I was a bit worried that it didn't have many animals with it to give him enough to play with but its been fine and I have some other animal related Playmobil sets to give him for Christmas which should add to this even more. My son really wants to take it into the bath with him but I've resisted this so far, but I guess that it's good that there is that option.

Pop Goes the Weasel: DI Helen Grace 2
Pop Goes the Weasel: DI Helen Grace 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not as good as Part 1., 14 Dec. 2014
Nowhere near as good as part one, but still a very good book. We get to know Helen Grace even more, and there are still many confusing parts to her that I'd like to understand more. We also get to know some of the other characters better, apart from the journalist who I think is quite contrived, they all add to the story. I look forward to Part 3!

Beauty & the Beast [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Beauty & the Beast [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gary Trousdale
Offered by Mediacentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful movie!, 14 Dec. 2014
I loved Beauty and the Beast when I was a child, I think it has to be my favourite Disney movie (and I was a Disney fan!) so I was so excited that it was being released on dvd/blu ray so that I could get it to share with my own children. It was wonderful to watch it again and to see their faces and enjoyment of it too. Thank you Disney!

Captain Phillips [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Captain Phillips [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Hanks does it once again!, 14 Dec. 2014
I love Tom Hanks, I think he's such a good actor and so watchable and believable. I saw the trailer to this movie and really wanted to see it, but had to wait for it to come out on blu ray. I wasn't disappointed, I thought that it was a great movie but it certainly wasn't comfortable viewing with lots of tension. I'd really recommend it to all.

Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1
Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storyline and compulsive viewing., 14 Dec. 2014
So good! I was very quickly hooked on this book and wanted to keep reading. The plot was interesting, different to standard police who dun it type book. I felt intrigued and wondered how I would react in that situation. I liked the main characters, the only one that I wasn't sure of was the reporter who felt quite stereotypical and contrived. One of the better books that I've read this year and I quickly read the sequel (less good but still a good read) and look forward to part 3 coming soon.

Crayola Twistables Colour Can (Including 20 Pencils & 20 Crayons)
Crayola Twistables Colour Can (Including 20 Pencils & 20 Crayons)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, so much better than normal pencils and crayons., 14 Dec. 2014
These are so good, I really don't understand why anyone would buy normal crayons and pencils for their kids when these are available. No sharpener needed, no bit of crayons broken and stood on. My just turned four year olds can use these easily and twist it to get more out if needed. They last so much longer than standard pencils and crayons and are brilliant. This pack is great, lots of colours and choices.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19