Profile for BB > Reviews

Content by BB

BB (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Instant Pot Lux60 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior, 6 Litre, 1000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it, you won't regret it!, 22 Mar. 2015
I got this on a whim really, I have a slow cooker but don't particularly like it and had never really heard much about pressure cookers. But when I saw this I did some research and thought that it looked perfect for me. I don't like cooking, I stick to really basic, quick and easy things to cook but would like to do more for my family. The idea of being able to cook a decent meal in 20 minutes really appealed so I thought I'd give it a go. First thing I tried was the slow cooker, it seemed to heat up a lot quicker than my old one and I was worried it'd cook too fast and dry out, the time it suggested to cook was also a lot less than my old one but I went with it. Perfect is all I can say. It was only mince for spag bol but it was perfect and far softer than normal. It was delicious! I then tried the pressure cooker to cook chicken thighs in a sort of stew. I was so unsure how it'd go I also made something else for dinner as back up!! The back up was not needed. My children happily told me that it was the best dinner ever as they asked for seconds. It was so quick and easy to do that even someone like me couldn't really mess it up. I'm converted. It's so easy to use and set and you can stick the bowl in the dishwasher so easy to clean up from too. I've been recommending it to everyone!! It is quite large so takes up a fair bit of space in the cupboard or worktop but then the cooking space inside is also big which means you can do big batches and freeze or larger cuts of meat.

Character World 135 x 150 cm Disney Jake and TNP Treasure Single Panel Duvet Set, Multi-Colour
Offered by Kidco

2.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality., 6 Mar. 2015
This was really thin and had a big hole in the side seam so I returned it. Character bedding it often thin but I felt that this was much thinner than anything I've used before. I asked for a refund as I didn't want another one!

Frozen Rectangle Lunch Bag, Purple
Frozen Rectangle Lunch Bag, Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 6 Mar. 2015
This seems to be really good quality, it's a good size and is sturdy. My daughter of course loves it as it's from Frozen so it's a win win really. Thought the price was decent too considering it is Frozen too. I'm really happy with it and it feels like it will last a long time (well as long as my daughter still likes Frozen I guess!).

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh (2A Output) Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh (2A Output) Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, wish I'd got it long ago!, 6 Mar. 2015
I almost want to say that this little device has changed my life! I have an iPhone 4s, I love it but as we all know iPhones are not known for their battery strength. This phone is now fairly old and well used which certainly doesn't help. I normally charge my phone before I go to bed, then sometimes I top it up again in the morning but if I use it a bit (and by a bit I really don't mean that much) then it quickly drops and I start to be aware of trying not to use it in case someone calls. Recently I've had a lot more phone calls and this has made it worse, I'd be trying to plug the phone in for ten minutes here and there when I could to try and get me through the day without my phone dying.

So then I thought about buying one of these. It's wonderful! It's quick to charge and has lights to indicate how charged it is, and it charges my phone quite quickly too. I can plug it in and still easily use the phone too. It has made such a difference as I'm not now planning my day around having time to top up my phones charge and the stress around all of that has gone. The customer service has been great too, not that I've needed to contact Anker but they have sent me a couple of emails with hints and ways to contact them if needed which is unusual and appreciated (not too many emails either so don't worry about being spammed by them!). I'd really recommend this and love how long it keeps charge so if I don't use it for a bit I don't have to worry about it being empty, and as it can do multiple charges I don't have to keep remembering to charge it up either.

Closer Than You Think
Closer Than You Think

4.0 out of 5 stars Another hit from Karen Rose., 6 Mar. 2015
I've just had a little battle with myself over whether to give this four or five stars. I really like Karen Rose, I've read most of her books and have enjoyed each one. I really liked the character of Deacon, who has featured before as a minor character in a Karen Rose book, he had an interesting story and was likeable and intriguing. I liked the main female character too, although felt that she was a little less believable. The relationship between the two of them also didn't really seem to fit, it felt like an infatuation rather than the true love that it was meant to be (I don't think I'm giving too much away here as it's pretty obvious from very early on that something will happen between them), and it just didn't seem realistic that with all that was going on they'd really be behaving like that. However don't let that put you off!! Another great book by Karen Rose, just with more sex than her earlier books!

Homescapes - White Duck FEATHER Pillow PAIR - Department Store Quality - Anti Dust Mite - Wash at Home Range - Medium / Soft Firmness - 100% Cotton Downproof Cover
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pillows, shame they use Yodel to deliver., 6 Mar. 2015
I got these for my four year old twins so they could move on from their toddler pillows. I wanted soft pillows as I still wanted them to be fairly flat and these are perfect as they are quite soft. I've tried them (not for a night, just a short lie down) and found them really soft and comfy, but I do prefer fuller pillows. It's great that you can wash them, although I haven't needed to do that yet. I'd definitely buy more from this company, but the only draw back is that they use Yodel to deliver. Yodel are pretty much guaranteed to mess up a delivery and did in this case, although I did get my pillows in the end. Shame that they use Yodel though as it would put me off ordering from Homescapes again.

Before I Die
Before I Die

3.0 out of 5 stars could do better., 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Before I Die (Kindle Edition)
This books gets a lot of great reviews but I didn't really get why. It's a decent book and I'm not sorry that I read it but it didn't really have any impact on me. In fact I read it maybe three weeks ago and I'm now going through my Amazon orders and doing reviews and had to click on the book to remind me what the story was, not a sign of a memorable book!! I think that there was too much in the story that just didn't seem realistic, without giving too much away it's hard to say more but there was one relationship especially that didn't seem natural or likely. I think that there are much better books out there that cover this sort of genre and story.

Character World 135 x 200 cm Disney Frozen Elsa Single Panel Duvet Set, Multi-Color

4.0 out of 5 stars a good Frozen duvet., 6 Mar. 2015
Fairly thin but better than some other kids duvet sets I've had. My daughter of course loves it as it has Elsa on it. Has poppers on the end and washes well.

Kipling Women's Beonica Handbag K1243783I Canard
Kipling Women's Beonica Handbag K1243783I Canard
Offered by New Bond Street Bags

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag and a lovely colour, 6 Mar. 2015
I love Kipling bags and this didn't disappoint. The colour is lovely and it's a decent size but is smaller than a lot of their other bags. I can fit my purse and bits in but my previous Kipling bag which really didn't look much bigger could then fit a child's jumper and snacks. Still, very happy with it.

Black + Blum Spudski Potato Masher, Orange/ Grey
Black + Blum Spudski Potato Masher, Orange/ Grey
Offered by black+blum - Official

4.0 out of 5 stars A good masher, 6 Mar. 2015
This looks kinda funky and works well. It mashed the potatoes quickly and easily and there were no lumps. The only slight annoyance was that the round base started to come a bit loose from the handle, it didn't really impact on the mashing but made it less stable and ideally it wouldn't happen, so that's why it gets four rather than five stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20