Profile for Sandy > Reviews

Boston Legal - Season 1 [DVD]
Boston Legal - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Shatner

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Viewing, 17 April 2012
I never saw this series on the T.V. and only ordered it on an impulse. I am now onto series 3 and thoroughly enjoying it.
I never saw William Shatner in the sci fi series and I have never heard of James Spader before Boston Legal, both are brilliant as are the other members of the cast.
The series does rely on the story lines and script and again I cannot fault them. I also love seeing the guest stars.. I am 61 and remember the guests when they were young it is interesting to see how they have aged.
I highly reccommend this series it gets better as it progresses and that is praise indeed from me as I am not easily impressed.

The Golden Girls - Season 3 - Complete [DVD]
The Golden Girls - Season 3 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Beatrice Arthur
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars GOLDEN GIRLS, 27 April 2011
I REALLY ENJOYED ALL THE GOLDEN GIRLS PROGRAMMES WHEN THEY WERE FIRST BROADCAST AND I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT SERIES 1 2 3 AND 4 BEFORE WATCHING THEM.
PROVED TO BE A MISTAKE... THEY ARE SO REPETITIVE SAME OLD SAME OLD.
BUY ONE SERIES THE FIRST BEING THE BEST, BUY AND ENJOY BUT THE REST ARE ALL THE SAME. INFACT BUY ANY ONE SERIES AND ENJOY.
I LOVE SEEING THE FASHIONS!!!! OUR EQUIVALENT IS HOWARDS WAY ON THE FASHION FRONT, THE LATTER BEING A SERIES I LOVE IT IS SO CHEESEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Complete Series 1-3 boxset [DVD]
Sam Complete Series 1-3 boxset [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Moreton

5.0 out of 5 stars SAM, 27 April 2011
I AM SIXTY AND HAVE THEREFORE SEEN MY SHARE OF TELEVISION...THIS SERIES IS THE BEST. HAVING BEEN BROUGHT UP IN A PIT VILLAGE I CAN RELATE TO SOME OF THE SCENCES.
I THINK THE CHARACTERS AND THE SETS AND THE LOCATIONS ARE SPOT ON, I HAVE JUST FINISHED WATCHING ALL THREE SERIES AND IT WILL NOT BE LONG BEFORE I WATCH IT THROUGH AGAIN WHICH IS CREDIT TO THE SERIES AS I AM A DISCERNING VIEWER THESE DAYS!!!!

EXCELLENT ALL ROUND ALTHOUGHI WAS VERY SAD TO READ 'jack'AND 'ethel' DIED SHORTLY AFTER FILMING FINISHED...I AM NOT A SILLY WOMAN BUT IT REALLY UPSET ME THEY WERE SO REAL TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2015 7:05 AM BST

Clocking Off : Complete BBC Series 1 [2000] [DVD]
Clocking Off : Complete BBC Series 1 [2000] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Deam

5.0 out of 5 stars CLOCKING OFF, 27 April 2011
THIS IS A REALLY GOOD SERIES WHICH WE WATCHED SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND HAVE JUST ENJOYED AGAIN.
IT DOES LEAVE YOU IN MIDAIR AS THE NEXT SERIES IS NOT AVAILABLE WHICH IS DISAPPOINTING.
THE STORIES ARE EASY TO FOLLOW AND THE CHARACTERS ARE WELL ACTED BY THOSE CONCERNED. NICE EASY VIEWING LEAVING YOU WANTING MORE.

Open All Hours - Series Three [1982] [DVD] [1976]
Open All Hours - Series Three [1982] [DVD] [1976]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker
Offered by JPG Enterprises UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Open all Hours, complete series, 31 July 2010
We are so fed up of watching telivision and the constant commercial breaks we have started relying more and more on dvds.
Hence the purchase of these dvds. We have enjoyed them very much, more than I expected, especialy seeing some old faces from t.v.'s past. The humour is gentle with no swearing which is so refreshing these days.
Excellent viewing.