Profile for T. Skivington > Reviews

Content by T. Skivington

T. Skivington (Glasgow, Scotland)

More Slow Cooker Recipes
More Slow Cooker Recipes
by Katie Bishop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant variety of recipes, 24 Jun. 2010
It is said that we only do about 2 recipes per cookbook we buy, but with this book I would beg to differ. There is a huge selection of lovely recipes in this book. Not all of them have worked well for me - not a huge fan of slow cooked chicken. BUT... I love the lemon and honey pork chops, the beef in black bean sauce, the bonfire night sausage hotpot, etc. I even made the upside down apricot cake (in the dish itself). You do not have to always cook the ingredients beforehand, which is a bonus when you are in a hurry. Even some of the pudding recipes can be made directly in the slow cooker dish.

Top 100 Finger Foods
Top 100 Finger Foods
by Annabel Karmel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lunch snack ideas for my 2 1/2 year old, 12 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Top 100 Finger Foods (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Annabel Karmel and have many of her books. This is a good companion to the books I have (baby purees, baby and toddler meal planner and her family cookbook). I have found it particularly useful for lunch ideas. My son loves the sausage rolls (takes no time at all to prepare), the lamb koftas and the apple parcels. Each recipe has info on freezing the surplus, which is great as you can make a large batch in one go. My son now eats chicken drumsticks because of the tasty sticky soy drumsticks recipe.

The recipes are more suited to children rather than babies, but I don't see why you can't easily adapt them to suit.

Finger Food For Babies And Toddlers: Delicious nutritious food for little hands to hold
by Jennie Maizels

5.0 out of 5 stars I, 22 May 2008
I was struggling to think up new finger food ideas for my 11 month old son. My sister watches my son 1 day a week and finds it hard to feed him and her 5 month old daughter at the same time. The recipes in this book allow her to feed her daughter and leave my son to feed himself. Although the book was written by a vegetarian, there are some meat recipes included. The vegetarian slant meant that there are some recipes with ingredients that I wouldn't have normally used (lentils, polenta).
The book is well laid out and beautifully illustrated. There is useful nutritional and storage information. I would say that the recipes are suitable for the older baby and there are still some recipes I won't be using until my son is a bit older.
There are "treat" recipes included and the blueberry muffins are great - a low sugar option and birthday treat for my son who loves blueberries!