Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Sicily
by Collectif
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 4 Feb. 2014
I wanted a guidebook to Sicily as I fancied booking a tour, and wanted to compare the itineries. This book was the best price for what I needed. It came in good time ,in perfect condition.

Mary Berry's Favourite Recipes: 250 Best-ever Recipes
Mary Berry's Favourite Recipes: 250 Best-ever Recipes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars good condition, 4 Feb. 2014
I chose this seller as I wanted this book ,but it was out of print. I expected it to be a bit dog eared for the price,but was very pleased w hen it turned up in good time,and in excellent condition. Well done! Will always look here first now.

Thailand's Underwater World
Thailand's Underwater World
by Chris Mitchell (writer) and Jez Tryner (photographer)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice coffee table book, 4 Feb. 2014
I bought this as a present for someone who is going diving in Thailand. It was in excellent condition and arrived in time for Xmas. The recipient was delighted. Very good value for money.

The President's Hat
The President's Hat

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable romp., 22 Sept. 2013
An amusing story,though not a new idea for a plot. I enjoyed the gentle poke at French society,predicable but entertaining.

The Boatman (The Carnivia Trilogy Book 1)
The Boatman (The Carnivia Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping., 22 Sept. 2013
I was utterly drawn in by this novel, I did wonder if it was complete fiction or part conspiracy theory, but I came to believe that ,unfortunately, it is based on true events. I have been led to do a little background reading on my woeful lack of knowledge of the conflict in the former Yugoslavia, even though it happened during my adult life. Loved the characters and the Venetian setting . I am disappointed that the next part of he trilogy is not available yet. I will be waiting for it. This book is up on my list alongside'Dragon Tattoo' trilogy.

Rules of Crime (A Detective Jackson Mystery)
Rules of Crime (A Detective Jackson Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars A well thought out plot, 22 Sept. 2013
I did enjoy this book,especially as I have read all the rest of the series, unfortunately in the wrong order,so some spoilers. Make sure you look up the correct sequence on google, as its misleading on Amazon.

What Will Survive
What Will Survive

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit chick lit for me, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: What Will Survive (Kindle Edition)
I expected to be moved by this novel, but felt no empathy for any of the characters, I never even conjured up an image of them in my imagination,a sure sign I wasn't involved. It's an ok holiday read,I suppose.

Mrs D' Silva and The Lucknow Ransom (Mrs D' Silva's Detective Instincts)
Mrs D' Silva and The Lucknow Ransom (Mrs D' Silva's Detective Instincts)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok holiday read, 22 Sept. 2013
Was going quite well till the author just decided to end it, I think he lost the plot and gave up.

George Foreman 18870 Five Portion Family Grill - Black
George Foreman 18870 Five Portion Family Grill - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and light, 5 Sept. 2013
I bought this for use in our touring caravan, it's just the job as it is small and light. I wouldn't say it was big enough for a family,4slices of bacon fills it! It does do the job,though, with no fat splashes .

An Exquisite Sense of What Is Beautiful
An Exquisite Sense of What Is Beautiful

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 5 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed this book, and it was beautifully written. Not the most exciting plot, more of a classic read. Fans of Literature with a capital L would enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3