Profile for Lola Rose > Reviews

Content by Lola Rose

Lola Rose (Edinburgh, Scotland UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book
The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book
by Zoe Harcombe

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 31 May 2015
Lots of ideas for meals if you are following the Harcombe diet.

The Harcombe Diet 3-Step Plan: Lose 7lbs in 5 days and end food cravings forever
by ZoŽ Harcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to do but felt terrible for the first few ..., 31 May 2015
Been following this for 30 days and have lost 17lbs. Easy to do but felt terrible for the first few days due to caffeine withdrawal. Bought it because a friend recommended it to me. Very pleased so far.

Understanding Deaf Culture: In Search of Deafhood
Understanding Deaf Culture: In Search of Deafhood
by Paddy Ladd

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not really the sort of book that you start ..., 31 May 2015
It's not really the sort of book that you start at the beginning and work your way through to the end. I bought it because I'm starting university in the autumn and it's one of the set texts.

The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller
The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller

2.0 out of 5 stars One for sorrow........, 8 May 2013
Great idea for a story....and there it ends. So many questions left unanswered, poor character development. The only reason I read to the end was I kept thinking it would get better and I did want to see what happened....but ultimately very disappointing.

International Fake Moustache Set Collection - Funny Foreign Fancy Dress
International Fake Moustache Set Collection - Funny Foreign Fancy Dress
Offered by Price Drop UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Fake moustaches, 8 May 2013
Nice selection of different moustaches but just didn't stay on for more than a few minutes. Daughter was disappointed as she had high hopes when she bought them.

Favorite Socks
Favorite Socks
by Ann Budd
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely socks, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Favorite Socks (Spiral-bound)
I have been knitting socks for some considerable time but have always used the same pattern. Saw this book and thought I would branch out...and I'm SO glad I did....there are some beautiful socks in this book. My favourite pattern being the one on the cover and if socks can be elegant these are those socks....they are a thing of beauty. I'd never knit using a chart before but it makes it soooo easy, and this book has the easiest description of the Kitchener stitch that I've ever come across. If you are new to knitting this may not be the book for you BUT if you are already a reasonable knitter and want to try socks give this book a try.

Knit Socks: 17 Classic Patterns for Cozy Feet
Knit Socks: 17 Classic Patterns for Cozy Feet
by Betsy McCarthy

4.0 out of 5 stars Successful gift, 14 April 2011
I bought this book for my mum as a gift. She is an accomplished knitter but had never tried knitting socks before....now she's hooked. Knitting socks can be addictive. Initially she had to take some time to work out what types of wool were required because the terminology is American, but that was the only difficulty. Her prefered way of knitting socks is on 4 needles and she found the instructions clear and straight forward and would recommend this book for someone who can already knit, and is attempting to knit socks for the first time.

LIFEMAX BATTERY OPERATED ULTRA COMPACT UNDER PILLOW VIBRATING ALARM CLOCK
LIFEMAX BATTERY OPERATED ULTRA COMPACT UNDER PILLOW VIBRATING ALARM CLOCK
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little clock, 14 April 2011
I bought this clock for my 10 year old daughter who is profoundly deaf.She LOVES it. Once I'd showed her how to set it up she's been managing to use it idependently. It's compact and yet the vibration is strong enough to wake her. She puts it under her pillow, but in her pillowcase, then it doesn't fall out of bed. It wakes her up every morning and she even takes it on sleepovers. I didn't want a vibrating alarm that had any wires attached and this is just perfect....it was a good price too ( compared with other clocks for the Deaf). My daughter shares a room with her sister so an added bonus is that this clock only wakes up the person who's using it...obviously as my daughter is deaf we don't have it on the beeper setting as she cannot hear it.... and then it would wake up her sister. I would recommend this clock.

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 April 2011
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
I read this book because it was my book group choice...it's not usually the type of book I read as it's a more character driven story and my preference would be for a plot driven story BUT I did thoroughly enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone...it would especially make a good holiday read.....and I will be going on to read " Starter for Ten" another of Nicholls' books.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Clock, 27 Mar. 2011
I am so pleased I bought this clock..it's great. My 10 year old daughter is deaf and wanted to be more independant and get herself up in the mornings...Unfortunately a regular alarm clock just wasn't going to do the job. I chose this one because it was small and didn't have any trailing wires.
It has a good vibration which wakes her up everytime. She can set it herself...initially had a bit of difficulty as you can set the alarm to go off twice...and we ended up setting it for the evening instead of the morning...but now she can manage it herself.
The alarm beeping is pretty much the same as on any bog standard alarm clock and pretty useless if you have a hearing problem...but the vibration alone is sufficient. If you put the alarm clock on a hard surface instead of under your pillow anyone with normal hearing will hear it vibrating all over the house but once under a pillow it will only wake the person it's meant to ( not sure what happens if you share a bed with someone who uses one ).
My daughter puts it under her pillow but inside the pillowslip to stop it wandering away in the night.
If you're deaf it's a great buy as it's portable so you can use it anywhere and it's among the cheaper of the clocks that are available for the deaf.

Page: 1 | 2