Profile for femi > Reviews

Body Dynamics: Ultimate Women's Workout Book
Body Dynamics: Ultimate Women's Workout Book
by Nikki Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant all round Workout Manual, 8 Dec. 2013
This is an amazing book! Normally I'd say enough said, but I've had this book for many years now and as a man, this is the ultimate bible for exercises you can do in the Gym. For Complex, intervals or just pure working out the different sections of your body, there isn't anything out there today that gives you a wide range of exercises per body part. There are pictures for every exercise and variations to make sure you get the maximum benefit from the movement. I would simply say whether you are female or male like me get this book!

Schwalbe Durano Plus Performance Wired Tyre with Dual Compound Smartguard 450 g - 700 x 25C (25-622), Black
Offered by bikes4life limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyres, 15 Jan. 2013
I love these tires!!
They are great for Winter cycling and have kept me puncture resistant for the last 4 months, having suffered from punctures at least once a week on my racing tires
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2013 11:55 AM BST

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
Offered by Yellow Bulldog Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh No Not again Rockstar!!!, 17 Jun. 2011
This review is from: L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Why oh why do do developers like Bondi and Rockstar make the same mistakes over and over. I apologise for my ramblings but there is a method to my Madness!

I was very excited about getting this game, the thought of playing a game for weeks actually excited me, actual detection work, reviewing evidence, interogations.... but unfortunately the game does not live up to the hipe!

Pros
- Excellent facial recognition technology
- Good gun battles, relatively easy
- Good car chases

Cons
- Just one! Incredibly and annoyingly repetitive: A crime is committed, drive here, pick up clues, interview suspect, guess if they're lying or not and bingo job done! Imagine doing that over and over and over ...yep its very annoying. I really tried to stay interested in this game and continue to progress up the career path but after a while I longed for something different and just gave up on it.

I remeber the days of Niko Bilic, flying helicopters, proper car chases, gun battles escaping police, Grand theft auto Liberty IV was incredible! who can forget the bank robbery mission wow!, this game is not it! infact it is a poor comparison. There are some famous actors that will make you wonder where you've seen or heard that voice, but that's about it. I gave up half way through and haven't played since...Very dissapointing Rockstar I really expected much much better!

The Roux Brothers On Patisserie
The Roux Brothers On Patisserie
by Albert Roux

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterclass for every pastry chef!, 17 Jun. 2011
I bought this book in the Nineties whlie working as a chef and found it became my sweet bible! I used it as a base for experimenting and creating different versions of some of the cakes and puddings. Over the years I've changed careers and no longer work as in the kitchens, but this book is a constant in my life. I don't know any amateur cook worth his or her salt who does not own it?

The Tart au Citreon is still my nemesis and my Everest! to make it to perfection using Pate Sable (Shortbread pastry)? Very few people attempt it, but once you've tasted it ......won't settle for anything less. If there is one cookery book worth it's value, it's this one!

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Why Compare Battlefield BC2 and MW2?, 19 Oct. 2010
I have really been looking forward to this game's arrival. Got it on the 15th and finished it on the 18th and I just played a couple of hours over the weekend. I have finished the campaign in too short a time. I remember the old MOH world war 2 games lasting days if not weeks to complete, that be said this is an okay game. There are a few glitches like invisible walls which spoil the experience a little, but overall its a good story, some great cinematics, not too bad effects and some absolutely great battles.

I do wish people would stop comparing it with the two crown princes of the first person shooter genre, BC2 and MW2, they are great games and I mean truly great but for differnt reasons. MOW is not one of the greats, its a good game, ...worth £35 quid? maybe not!

The missions are okay, the AI enemies are a little stupid, your teamates are relatively good shots and take out enemies, but after completing it in such a short time I didn't feel an amazing buzz or rush you get when when you are trully engaged with a plot or you've fought your way through a challenging battle.

Overall if you enjoy first person shooter games, i'd say get it, its enjoyable and a good game to add to those you will play as a gamer, not one of the greats, but a good game.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Galactico

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GAME 2009/10 PERIOD!!!, 27 May 2010
OH MY GOD!!

In all my years playing video games (I'm 37!) I have never been blown away by such an engrossing game. Graphics are great!, Story, linear and exciting and sound, oh sweet sound!! to really appreciate this game you have to play this with some ear muff type head phone and trully understand what its sounds like to be in a battlefield. Hats off to the developers for capturing this crucial element of the games numerous realism facets.

I cannot tell you the amount of times my kids or wife have touched me and made me jump out of my skin because I'm in Bolivia or some other hell hole i've been dropped into listening to my comrades shouting out orders while pinned down by enemy fire, or the shell shock effect of not hearing a thing after an RPG shell detonated a couple of meters beside me.

I don't normally write reviews but this game has forced my hand. Get it if you haven't already!

Brahms: Violin Concerto
Brahms: Violin Concerto
Offered by Hatherley's

4.0 out of 5 stars Some beautiful music, 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Brahms: Violin Concerto (Audio CD)
This is my favourite kennedy piece of all time. Three of Brahms violin concerto on a grand scale but at the same time, moody and full of emotion. My only negative is the CD is too short at just over 45 mins.