Profile for Mr. J. H. Wheeler > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. H. Wheeler

Mr. J. H. Wheeler "Easy Street" (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Three Classic Albums Plus (Stan Getz & The Oscar Peterson Trio / Hamp & Getz / Jazz Giants)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jazz and varied on all three albums...good value!, 11 Jan. 2015
Getz was ultimately a strange guy, but his music is wonderful, and this collection is a good cross-section for any jazz fan...I play it a lot, and have entered several tracks of it on my jazz show.

THINGS I AM ASHAMED OF: A Memoir (Kindle Single)
THINGS I AM ASHAMED OF: A Memoir (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars Ho-hum, really., 11 Jan. 2015
The point of this is lost on me, frankly. It doesn't seem there is anything worthy of note, record, or shame in this...kind of ordinary, really, and had a lot of typos which annoy me as well. Sorry, but that's it. I quit about half-way through--nothing holding my interest to keep me.

Spitfire Girl: My Life in the Sky
Spitfire Girl: My Life in the Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars What an almost unbelievable woman! Read this if you doubt that!, 11 Jan. 2015
Brave, clever, doggedly determined, expert and truly dedicated to her part of the war effort and beyond, this lady is absolutely baffling in how she mastered being such an expert pilot, remarkable woman, and downright mystifying in her command of English. Wow, what a woman! I admit I almost never read books written by women, though I know that is sort of sexist to say. Any hairy-chested man would admire this lady, let alone the women whose admiration would be unbounded. Drama, aircraft, relationships...it's all there in this great page-turner!

The Girl In The Other Room
The Girl In The Other Room
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars If Elvis Costello hadn't found her first, well.....I'd be a stalker!, 11 Jan. 2015
Krall is just wonderful, and as a testimony, this is the fifth album of hers that I've purchased. Sweet, melodic, gently played and beautifully arranged, this gift from Canada is much appreciated in this house....

3in1 Aluminium Apple Peeler Corer Slicer Cutter Machine
3in1 Aluminium Apple Peeler Corer Slicer Cutter Machine
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars To eat, to prepare pies, prep tarts, you name it! A really fun kitchen appliance!, 11 Jan. 2015
This thing is cool. I like apples, but don't like the skin, so this device was made for me! Cores, peels, and segments all in one operation. Makes eating apples fun!

Cocktail Audio X10 500GB Network CD Recorder & Music Player
Cocktail Audio X10 500GB Network CD Recorder & Music Player
Offered by AV10

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye Bye CD's, hello all my favorite tunes in one neat little box...., 11 Jan. 2015
This was a big investment, but I am delighted with it. I chose this as an alternative to a Brennan, both for its inherent capabilities and of course, the concept of reducing the storage space required for hundreds of CD's I have. I takes an average of three or four minutes to input a CD, and then it sorts them out all sorts of ways, too many to mention here, but completely satisfactorily. My only complaint is the operation manual is difficult to understand, uses abbreviations that are undefined, etc. Admittedly, I'm not a techie, but between language and tiny type, the manual is a pain to use. As a result, I know the device can do a lot more and display a lot more than I have been able to arrange, but I still am delighted with it, and perhaps in time I'll figure it out. If only a rep from the seller would show up and sort it, I'd buy them a meal! My compliments also extend to the price (less than a Brennan by a lot) and to the one gent I spoke to when first trying to fire this up...in the middle of Christmas rush, he was helpful and unrushed, and that got me started to use it. Audio quality, played through some old existing speakers I have is outstanding.

Roberts Classic DAB2 DAB/DAB+/FM Digital Radio with Simple Presets - Black
Roberts Classic DAB2 DAB/DAB+/FM Digital Radio with Simple Presets - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sound and size--good value in my opinion., 11 Jan. 2015
Gift for wife to provide kitchen noise for her...she loves it, and as usual, DAB gives great sound relative to size...also simple operation which is excellent for non-tech wife, three station instant buttons sufficient for this application, and of course fully portable if that is required, although we run it on mains...attractive packaging/design and size. Good value relative to most DAB's and this is out second Roberts...mine is bigger, more memory buttons and is in constant use...completely reliable.

LCD Bike Bicycle Cycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
LCD Bike Bicycle Cycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value in terms of info capability and ease of installation., 11 Jan. 2015
Works fine, but it really needed a bit longer wiring in order to place it on the REAR wheel of my exercise bike, not the front for road use. As a result it is a bit hard to read even when put as close as possible given the wire length from the transmitting sensors. Gives lots of info, though, even though I was only interested in speed or time spent. Took a while to arrive, but did in good condition. The instruction sheet (simple) should be printed in larger type!

The Yoga Bible: Godsfield Bibles: The Definitive Guide to Yoga Postures
The Yoga Bible: Godsfield Bibles: The Definitive Guide to Yoga Postures
by Christina Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you ever needed to know about contortionism., 11 Jan. 2015
Given to wife as part of Christmas present...she seems to appreciate it, and has since signed up for a yoga course.

Les Dawson's Joke Book
Les Dawson's Joke Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Some work, some don't, and I know he knew that...fun and a few good laughs...., 11 Jan. 2015
This is a collection of gags written by Dawson, and even shows some of them as he wrote them out on a legal pad. A few good laughs are in there, spread out among some groaners and some downright stinkers, but the recollection of Les doing them is part of the pleasure of this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20