Profile for Mr. J. H. Wheeler > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. H. Wheeler

Mr. J. H. Wheeler "Easy Street" (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Celestial Navigations Chapter 3
Celestial Navigations Chapter 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Geoffrey Lewis is a clever, hugely talented actor and writer...the words are his, the music belongs to two partners of his in t., 4 April 2015
I keep buying these simply because each one has surprise, delight, philosophy, and verbal theatre. I use selections to sign off my radio shows.

I Thought About You (A Tribute To Chet Baker)
I Thought About You (A Tribute To Chet Baker)
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lady! What a talent! And known all over the world as a wonderful gift from Brazil., 4 April 2015
Absolutely top shelf entertainment by an amazing looking and remarkable talent...a tribute to Chet baker that is memorable and, fortunately, repeatable. This will feature on my show on listentothecat....

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, and a great-ish movie!, 27 Mar. 2015
I rarely read novels, but this is an exception....also simultaneously watching the film and comparing...even dialogue is remarkably close so far...overall, great entertainment both ways, and the bonus was, I'd never had gotten this in the first place if it hadn't been a freebie for previous purchases...worth whatever you pay!

The Works of Rene Descartes
The Works of Rene Descartes

5.0 out of 5 stars A tardis or just an amazing mind?, 8 Mar. 2015
Good Ol' Rene definitely had his own time machine...his thoughts are as contemporary as this morning's news...brilliant.

The Complete Works of Plato
The Complete Works of Plato

4.0 out of 5 stars Written yesterday?, 8 Mar. 2015
Wait! Criticize Plato?? You're kidding, or arrogant beyond belief! If you've wondered why his name is still around after he's been dust for centuries, then you read this---you'll understand what wisdom is.

B. B. King Live In Cook County Jail
B. B. King Live In Cook County Jail
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars BB at his best...recorded in the 70's and brilliant yet again...., 8 Mar. 2015
Love B.B.? Then you need this album...somehow the Chicago prison and its inhabitants add to the 'blue' part of the blues, and even though B does virtually all his famed numbers, there is a certain bittersweet nature to them, which is all part of the venue....I rarely buy 'live' recordings, but from an audio standpoint, this one is worth it....

Three Classic Albums Plus (Stan Getz & The Oscar Peterson Trio / Hamp & Getz / Jazz Giants)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jazz and varied on all three albums...good value!, 11 Jan. 2015
Getz was ultimately a strange guy, but his music is wonderful, and this collection is a good cross-section for any jazz fan...I play it a lot, and have entered several tracks of it on my jazz show.

THINGS I AM ASHAMED OF: A Memoir (Kindle Single)
THINGS I AM ASHAMED OF: A Memoir (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars Ho-hum, really., 11 Jan. 2015
The point of this is lost on me, frankly. It doesn't seem there is anything worthy of note, record, or shame in this...kind of ordinary, really, and had a lot of typos which annoy me as well. Sorry, but that's it. I quit about half-way through--nothing holding my interest to keep me.

Spitfire Girl: My Life in the Sky
Spitfire Girl: My Life in the Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars What an almost unbelievable woman! Read this if you doubt that!, 11 Jan. 2015
Brave, clever, doggedly determined, expert and truly dedicated to her part of the war effort and beyond, this lady is absolutely baffling in how she mastered being such an expert pilot, remarkable woman, and downright mystifying in her command of English. Wow, what a woman! I admit I almost never read books written by women, though I know that is sort of sexist to say. Any hairy-chested man would admire this lady, let alone the women whose admiration would be unbounded. Drama, aircraft, relationships...it's all there in this great page-turner!

The Girl In The Other Room
The Girl In The Other Room
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars If Elvis Costello hadn't found her first, well.....I'd be a stalker!, 11 Jan. 2015
Krall is just wonderful, and as a testimony, this is the fifth album of hers that I've purchased. Sweet, melodic, gently played and beautifully arranged, this gift from Canada is much appreciated in this house....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20