Profile for Mr. T. Belcher > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. Belcher

Mr. T. Belcher (Doitwich Spa UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
RayGar Brown Luxury Faux Leather High Back Reclining Recliner Office Chair Swivel Computer Desk Study (Brown)
Offered by RayGar

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is everybody saying this is a good buy? It is a cheap Chinese import and ..., 10 Mar. 2016
Why is everybody saying this is a good buy? It is a cheap Chinese import and the lean/tilt lock simply has a mind of it's own. It only works 2% of the time. I would love for someone to tell me I am wrong and explain to me how it works? If I had sat on this piece of crap I would never have bought it. Thereis no way it originally sold for £199.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars It was like wading through mud, 5 Jan. 2016
Sadly I had to return this Game to Amazon. I have a quad core processor and dual graphics Radeon 5700 1 gig cards. It was like wading through mud. I did everything I could to make it work, graphic drivers updates etc. But the graphics were just soo slow as to make it unplayable. It would not accept the fact that I had 2 graphic cards running under amd crossfire and whatever I did showed a red graphic card result of just over 1 g. Despite the fact that the top right hand corner dsiplayed AMD Crossfire. If you are going to buy this game be warned.

Amazon were excellent in my returning the game I cannot fault them for that.

Pirate Adventures 2 Lite: ghost island
Pirate Adventures 2 Lite: ghost island

2.0 out of 5 stars Hidden object game, 16 Jan. 2015
This is principally a hidden object game with the odd anagram thrown in for a change of scene. Not a patch on the Fire Maple series of games.

Backroom Horror Story-Ghost Town
Backroom Horror Story-Ghost Town

1.0 out of 5 stars Marketing con, 16 Jan. 2015
The marketing of this game is so wrong. It is not free at all. It requires 400 Amazon coins to remove the advertising banner then it want's 300 coins to start the game!

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

3.0 out of 5 stars Whilst it will do what my wife and I require it to do it is a bit like stepping back into the Dark Ages, 28 Nov. 2014
The Kindle Fire is a weird beast. Whilst it will do what my wife and I require it to do it is a bit like stepping back into the Dark Ages. It’s Silk browser system is bizarre. Why not use any of the proven browsers? And it’s inability to support basic catch up TV is inexplicable. Also stuff you expect to readily find you have to hunt for. The battery charge icon is a good example. I had to google it to find out if the device was charging and if so how would I know.

As with any Apple device it is a device that wants to lock you into Amazon. No problem at all with any of their products/applications. But I doubt I could set up a Netflix, Blinkbox or Sky account.

I do find it strange that in this day of all encompassing technology it is not all encompassing at all.
I can do all of the above on my PC or Laptop.

I bought it for an easy access tablet, and to be fair it does that. But if you want something to match what you get on your PC or laptop don’t bother.

Desert God
Desert God
by Wilbur Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the book whoever wrote it, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Desert God (Hardcover)
Poet, singer, philosopher, engineer, linguist, inventor, physician, surgeon and keeper of the Pharaohs daughters. His skills are limitless. Is there anything Taita cannot do?

I don’t believe Wilbur Smith wrote this book because there is so much tongue in cheek humour. I love the book whoever wrote it. It is just a damn good read and so superior to some of the latest books penned under the name of this once colossus of fiction. And I mean no disrespect, I read my first Wilbur Smith book when I was twenty, I am now seventy. Which makes him 80 plus.

Give it a whirl you will love it.

Winter of the World (Century of Giants Trilogy)
Winter of the World (Century of Giants Trilogy)
by Ken Follett

4.0 out of 5 stars Could someone like Sharpe have been present at every major battle of ..., 31 Aug. 2014
I get the impression that some reviewers are new to Historical fiction. It is a common ploy to introduce a few characters and then place them at strategic points in the historical period the writer is concerned with. Could someone like Sharpe have been present at every major battle of the peninsular war? Herman Wouk used it to a great extent in Winds of War and War and Remembrance, Bernard Cornwell et al. The list is endless.

How else could you portray a panoramic scenario that is absorbable? Maybe simpletons like me appreciate this style of storytelling as opposed to War and Peace where by the 3 rd chapter I did not know if I was reading about a person a town or an event.

I agree that it is often cliched, caricatured and at times implausible. But hey ho it is Historical fiction. If you want the facts read Sharma, Hastings etc. If you want a good read try Follett.

4 stars for me.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Knock off product made in someones garage, 29 Jun. 2013
Ok it's cheap but that does not mean it does not have to work. The user manual is in a tiny font and faint. Navigation is really difficult if you have thick clumsy fingers like me. No manufacturers details anywhere and I suspect with the tinny feel to it and the complex menu system it will not last too long. This is not the first time I have been ripped off by Amazon buying a product I was not aware was coming from the Far East. Buyer beware!

Far Cry 3 (PC DVD)
Far Cry 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by 4GamersUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I am surprised only one reviewer has mentioned the checkpoint system. If you quit the game before finishing a mission you lose all your checkpoints and have to restart. I find this kind of system very tiresome and it has put me off the game totally. I cannot honestly rate the game overall I have yet to finish the first mission. But Amazon insist I do hence the one star.

Terry Belcher
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2013 9:53 AM BST

Max Payne 3 (PC DVD)
Max Payne 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by LTLE

2.0 out of 5 stars Superb graphics- poor gameplay, 6 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Ok lets dispel the loading and getting going nonsense. I was up and running within 2 hours, and that included 3 update downloads. So no problem there whatsoever. And I can run it on maximum resolution with everything turned on and it looks gorgeous.

As far as the game play goes it is crap. As a previous reviewer said it is cut scene- action, with Max in a ridiculous situation, ie lying down, and getting up like he is getting out of bed!! In the meantime getting pumped full of bullets!!

There is just no time whatsoever to devise any kind of strategy, let alone look around for pills and ammo. The cut scenes do not allow it. A consol port with enhanced graphics for the PC does not make a good game.

I would say do not waste your money but sadly PC Gamers are now second class citizens to the purchasing power of consol buyers so we seem to be stuck with it.

I really hope Half Life 2 Episode 3 stays true to it's roots.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2012 2:22 AM BST