Profile for Patricia49 > Reviews

Patricia49 "patricia49"

Friedland Libra+ 200m Portable Door Chime Kit, with Chrome Fronted Push, D914c
Friedland Libra+ 200m Portable Door Chime Kit, with Chrome Fronted Push, D914c

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous bell, 23 Aug. 2013
We had a very expensive Siemens wireless bell but it just stopped working for no reason. After researching I found that it was to do with the wireless frequencies in the house. This bell is the next generation and is set on a higher frequency hence the high price. I really thought twice about it because of the price but I love it and the selection of chime sounds is great. Everyone who calls at the house comments on it.Friedland are the oldest door bell company and definitely the best.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality - well made, 23 Aug. 2013
I needed to replace all my pans after getting an induction hob. The choice of egg poaching pans was very limited so I was pleased to find this. It's quite big and deep which means it can also be used as a normal pan if you remove the egg poaching tray. My only criticism is that it's quite heavy when it's full of water but that's partly because I'm not very strong, my husband has no problems lifting it. It's very well made and I love the glass lid.

LG GWB207FBQA American Style Fridge Freezer Glossy Black
LG GWB207FBQA American Style Fridge Freezer Glossy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 27 Oct. 2012
My son bought this American fridge freezer last year and I loved it so when our fridge feeezer went on the blink I decided to get one. We looked all round at other makes and read many reviews but this one seemed to get top marks all round. It is very stylish and holds loads, I love the fact it's on wheels and easy to move around and the interior lights are so bright it makes finding stuff so easy. The only thing that puzzled me was the price - my son paid £650 last October but this year it was up to £750 - quite a price hike!, although despite this it is still one of the most competetively priced freezers on the market.
The only real problem was with the delivery - the dreaded Yodel - on the appointed date we had call from the driver to say he had our fridge freezer on his van but wouldn't be able to deliver it as he 'had the wrong type of van' - turned out he needed a lift tailgate and his van didn't have one - that of course set off a catalogue of problems, my thought was that the minute he got back to the depot they would load it onto the right sort of van and bring it straight back out - but no!! we would have to wait until the van was in our area again - another week. Amazon were amazingly helpful but despite the involvement of senior managers Yodel refused to deliver for another week. Yodel are well known for their bad customer service but it's worrying that they have no respect for one of their biggest contracts - if they lost the Amazon contract they would really be in trouble.The other thing was Amazon promised a 'white glove service' which is that the goods would be unpacked and put into position but the drivers said that was rubbish they didn't do that sort of thing. It was impossible for us 2 pensioners to unpack it ourselves and we had to pay someone to come and do it for us. I would think twice about ordering from Amazon again as long as they continue to use Yodel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2013 12:21 AM GMT

HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 250 g/m2, 100 Sheets
HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 250 g/m2, 100 Sheets

3.0 out of 5 stars good price, 20 Aug. 2011
after much trawling of sites and local shops I chose this supplier. I knew I wanted advanced glossy as this was what came with my hp printer and I knew it worked. I was surprised at the vast price differences but when my paper arrived it wasn't in hp wrapping although it had hp advanced printed on the back of each sheet. It just makes me wonder if it is genuine hp paper but I suppose even in hp wrapping it might still not be genuine. It works fine so that's okay.

Premier AV HF0032 Plasma & LCD Glass Stand up to 37" or 40Kgs with Cable Management -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - great value, 1 Feb. 2011
We bought a new TV without realising we'd need a separate stand,all the TV's we've had before came with a stand so this was a new experience. Amazon had a wonderful choice, didn't realise there were so many different ones. Chose this one on looks and price and we're not disappointed. It came beautifully packed , was very easy to put together and it looks great. Afterwards I started noticing stands in shops at 2 or 3 times the price we paid and they're not as good as this one. The only downside was the delivery by City Link - ordered 31 Dec, delivery date given was 4 Jan but didn't arrive till 12 Jan, used City Link tracking service which was useless, it kept insisting that delivery would be 4 Jan even though that date had passed, tried ringing their customer service but got a message saying they were too busy to help!!!!

InterDesign Forma Kitchen Over the Cabinet 14-Inch Dish Towel Bar, Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars such a simple idea, 27 July 2009
spotted this amazing towel rail in a holiday let and then searched online for details. Amazon offered the best price and I am delighted with my purchase. It fits neatly over my under sink cupboard door - no more tea towels on the floor. Everyone should have one.