Profile for TheJollyGreenMan > Reviews

Content by TheJollyGreenMan

TheJollyGreenMan (Melbourn, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Zacro 60W 230V Welding Soldering Iron (6 in 1 set) Adjustable Temperature with 5pcs Different Tips for Various Repairing Usage
Offered by Zacro-euro

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Soldering Iron for use around the house and small projects?, 12 Aug. 2016
This is the 5th soldering iron I bought this century, and finally it looks like I have got one that works and suits the kind of work i want it for.

As a model airplane enthusiast I need to solder connections of the LiPo batteries, fairly thick wires, up to 3mm in diameter. Previously I found the tinning process of these thick wires almost impossible to do with the other units in my collection. Tinning the thick battery wires was a breeze with my new Zarco unit as it was able to generate and transfer sufficient heat to do the tinning job. And when it came to soldering the battery wires on the connections, what a pleasure, enough heat to create a big enough pool of molten solder to dip the battery wires in for a neat and proper connection.

I wanted to know what is the secret of this soldering iron, and when changing tips I saw the trick. The soldering tips are hollow and the ceramic heating element goes into the tip, similar to a bullet connection. On one of my other units the ceramic heating element just presses against the soldering tip. With the Zarco, the ceramic heating element is inside the soldering tip and to my mind, this is the reason it works so well, enough heat to heat up the connections, melt the solder and then the wires dipped into the joint.

So far, a very neat unit, a clever design heating up quickly, loads of heat in the soldering tip, temperature control, maybe the last soldering iron I will buy this century. It restored my confidence in tackling the odd soldering job.

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Bucking Bronco!, 4 May 2016
Made such a difference in the performance of my aging desktop. Installation ever so easy. One tip, make sure you download the latest drivers from the SAMSUNG website.

Sabrent 2.5 Inch to 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit (BK-HDDH)
Sabrent 2.5 Inch to 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit (BK-HDDH)
Offered by Store4PC-Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough screws for the job., 15 April 2016
This bracket suited my pocket and the desktop computer. The fitting of the new Solid State Drive could not have been easier. There are quite a number of holes in the bracket provided and moving the bracket to a position where enough matching holes made for a secure and vibration free fitting in the desktop. And an added bonus was the fact that enough screws were supplied to fit the required components.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love this knife set, 4 Nov. 2015
I am a widower and cook for myself. I just love this knife set. All the sizes I want in a sturdy block, and the knifes heavy and balanced in my hand. At least it feels like I have a real serious tool in my hand when I do the preparations.

DIBAG COMBO Set Vacuum Storage Bags. 15 Bags Set. 1 Jumbo (122*88 cm)+ 3 XL(100*67 cm) + 4 L(85*54 cm) +4 Medium(57*45 cm) + 2 Travel Roll-Up Bags (45*57 cm) without suction+ 1 Roll-Up Bag (50*34 cm) without suction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mission accomplished!, 4 Nov. 2015
I bought these bags to tidy-up my cupboards and to create more space. This is the first time I bought this make of Vacuum bags, the previous lot I bought had a rod cut in half to effect the sealing. They worked well but the protruding rod on the sealed end of the bag made stacking awkward.

I read the reviews of this type of bag and noticed that some folk had problems with unique dual seals. Dismissing that comment I placed an order for this combo set of bags as it would give me enough bags for what I had in mind. When opening the combo pack of DIBAG I was pleasantly surprised with the quantity and size of bags in the Combo Pack. That exceeded my expectations.

Now, when starting to use the bags I could see why some folk who are not used to the Zip-locks have a problem. Having used Zip-lock bags for freezing I am used to dealing with it. Once the bag is filled with the contents - towel sets and bedding sets in my case - I found it best to run the slide a couple of times backwards and forwards, or is that up and down? - along the length of the dual zip-lock to ensure the zip-locks are engaged along the whole reach of the zip. Only after I satisfied myself that every bit of the dual-zip-lock have snapped into place did I start the vacuum cleaner to suck out the air. It worked like a charm!

The bags are made from thick plastic, strong enough to be puncture resistant, yet, soft enough for the sealed end to to be not intrusive and hindering stacking in the cupboards.

HUAWEI E5330 3G (Genuine UK Stock) SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK - White (21MB/s)
HUAWEI E5330 3G (Genuine UK Stock) SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK - White (21MB/s)
Offered by eZee Trade

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 6 April 2015
Default setting for Vodafone despite it being sold as unbranded.

Lenoge® Band New Laptop Battery for Samsung NC10 ND10 NC20 Series N120 N110 N130 N140 N150 N270 NP-NC10-KA03CN NC10B AA-PB8NC6B AA-PB6NC6W AA-PB8NC6B/E AA-PB8NC6B/US 5200mAh
Offered by EPC (UK) GRP LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 6 April 2015
Old stock, can't take full charge anymore. I just can't be bothered to return this unit.

Mens Classic Blazer Black leather jacket #B5 (3XL)
Mens Classic Blazer Black leather jacket #B5 (3XL)
Offered by The Real Leather Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 April 2015
Neat fitting jacket for a 110 kg chap,

One Summer: America 1927 (Bryson)
One Summer: America 1927 (Bryson)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov. 2014
What a delightful book to read, written by a master of story telling.

The Colder War: How the Global Energy Trade Slipped from America's Grasp
The Colder War: How the Global Energy Trade Slipped from America's Grasp

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good and up-to-date book about the energy wars we are ..., 16 Nov. 2014
This is a very good and up-to-date book about the energy wars we are currently experiencing.

There are quite a number of actors in this play: the Saudis, The USA federal reserves, the USA fracking industry, OPEC, and Russia. Each one fighting to control the energy supplies of the future. Read this book and decide for yourself who will the energy wars and who will be left out in the cold.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3