Profile for Middymee > Reviews

Middymee (Lancashire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing :-/, 13 Mar. 2012
I was sooooo looking forward to receiving these...unfortunately they don't fit the S2 button properly at all. They fall off and move about too. I realise its a novelty item....it just doesn't do what its supposed to.

Tea with Bea: Recipes from Bea's of Bloomsbury
Tea with Bea: Recipes from Bea's of Bloomsbury
by Bea Vo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 10 Feb. 2012
This book is as fabulous as it looks. Beautifully photographed & presented, the recipes live up to the hype! There's a basic history for each recipe and an accompanying photograph. I particularly like the way Bea gives cake recipes and shows how you can mix and match bases & fillings to make different cakes. The scone recipe is the best I've ever tried...better than the reliable Paul Hollywood recipe I used to use!!! I'm now planning a trip to Bea's with my girls to sample the real thing!!

The Fabulous Baker Brothers
The Fabulous Baker Brothers
by Tom Herbert

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..., 10 Feb. 2012
I bought this primarily for the bread recipes...but after that the book is frankly, disappointing. I don't really need a recipe for a BLT or a cooked breakfast...which is just that. No twists or tweaks, just a full English breakfast & BLT. Its the sandwich & toastie recipes that insulted me the most, if you need a recipe to make a BLT you shouldn't be in the kitchen!!! The rest of the recipes are basic at best, nothing new. If you're looking for bread recipes, I'd suggest 'Baking with Passion' instead.

The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits
The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits
by Sarah Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!!!, 4 Feb. 2012
This book is exactly what I was looking for! Its beautifully photographed and the cookies are fantastic. Some amazing designs, tips and instructions. Basics on royal icing are simply explained. Highly recommended :-)

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars No more aching thumbs!!!, 25 Feb. 2011
I just love it...can't think of any bad points as yet! Very easy to use and navigate, crystal clear screen which is easy to read in sunlight. Good range of books to download but prices do tend to vary...one book is only £3 in paperback yet £7 for Kindle?!! However, despite this most of the books I download tend to range from free to £3 :-)

The Whoopie Pie Book
The Whoopie Pie Book
by Claire Ptak

4.0 out of 5 stars A change from cupcakes!!, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Whoopie Pie Book (Hardcover)
I own masses of cupcake and baking books, so when I saw an English Whoopie Pie book I couldn't resist! Having only received it today, I've made the Chocolate Whoopies this afternoon. They are lovely, however...they are far more cake like than I imagined. The description of a 'cross between a cookie and a cake' is slightly misleading. I think more apt would be a cake, which is cookie like in appearance :-) I can't wait to make the Rhubard and Custard whoopies or the Teacake whoopies!!

Weekend Baking
Weekend Baking
by Sarah Randell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 24 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Weekend Baking (Hardcover)
As the title suggests, this is a fabulous book!! So far have made the Almond cake which was moist and delicious :-) Can't wait to get going on the cover cake :-)

Bake Me, I'm Yours... Chocolate: Over 25 Excuses to Indulge
Bake Me, I'm Yours... Chocolate: Over 25 Excuses to Indulge
by Tracey Mann

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book, 24 Jan. 2011
Am a little bit disappointed in this book. I expected far more recipes than are actually in it. In my opinion its more of a cake decorating book.

The Twilight Saga Triple Pack (3 Disc Limited Edition Steelbook) [DVD]
The Twilight Saga Triple Pack (3 Disc Limited Edition Steelbook) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by Blod Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!!, 12 Dec. 2010
There's no point in buying this now, not when another two films are on the way...you'll just end up buying another box set of five!!

Cakes for Romantic Occasions: Over 40 Cakes for Weddings and Other Special Celebrations
by May Clee-Cadman

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning!!, 27 Nov. 2010
What an amazing book...good quality, beautifully presented and photographed. Clear, simple step by step instructions which make this a good book for beginners like myself as well as the expert cake decorator ;-) Can highly recommend it :-D

Page: 1 | 2 | 3