Profile for Luci C > Reviews

Content by Luci C

Luci C (Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
August CR150R - FM Transmitter - Wireless MP3 Player for In-Car use with SD/MMC Card Reader / USB Port / Remote Control

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap but bad, 13 May 2014
It is working however only with up to 8gb memory sticks / cards .
remote is working with difficulty, reception of signal is very bad although tried with all frequencies
not worth sending it back consiering the value.
I don't reccomend the purchase,you could have a beer instead and be happier.

HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue
HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue
Offered by Fone-Central

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons after 1 week, 19 Aug. 2013
Bought it new from amazon as an upgrade from nokia lumia 520.
Using it without mobile internet , just wifi. I am a moderate user.

Pros

Really fast , everything is perfectly smooth, good multitasking.
Beautiful design,really slim an lightweight
Good photo quality even in low light conditions,video quality even better.
Powerfull sound output , decent quality of included headphones but perfect sound with Beats Solo HD.
Price.

Cons

Battery life - with my moderate usage less than 24 hours (about 1 hour of music , 30 minutes browsing , 30 minutes talking time , location services always on)
Every day after playing 2-3 songs my unit restarts. Sometimes it restarts when I plug it to my computer.
This happened before update and is still happening after update. It's rather annoing and I'm affraid that one day it will die.
Maybe my unit is faulty although I read on microsoft forums people having various problems with it.

Maybe it was too good to be true offering so much for such a small price tag.

I am sending my unit back and look for something more reliable.

PS: my lumia 520 had a great collection of free apps(ringtone maker,nokia lenses) , htc has almost nothing to support its windows phone.

Bering Time Men's Slim Watch 11939-229 Classic
Bering Time Men's Slim Watch 11939-229 Classic
Offered by Jewelry World

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware..amazon warehouse, 4 Aug. 2013
Bought this watch from amazon warehouse(used),worked fine in the beginning.
After about a couple of days it started to lose track of time , every day 2-3 minutes , which was fine for me,for the price paid , but today it lost 30 minutes.Tried to return it but I was to late since returns can be made for 30 days after purchase.Now I need to take it for repairs or .. I don't know.
It was a bargain but I am sorry now about my purchase although I've spent less than half the price.

However I cannot blame the watch but my experience with it and amazon warehouse.

A beautiful to look at , light watch , comfortable to wear , stylish. Sapphire glass , titanium case , all in the slimmest watch I had so far.
The button asside can be annoing at times.
The date dials are maybe to small and you need to stare at them.

That's it!

Nokia CC-3068 Protective Shell Case for Lumia 520 - Yellow
Nokia CC-3068 Protective Shell Case for Lumia 520 - Yellow
Offered by Gaiacom

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !, 11 Jun. 2013
Happy about changing the colour of my lumia 520.It was white , now yellow,it gets looked after.
Did not want to add any wallet or silicone case because the phone will get fat.
With this price I can afford to scratch the cases as much as I desire.
Buttons fit perfectly and the the case has a better grip than the white one.
After all... it's original. Welcome back to my life Nokia!

Apple iPhone 5 - 16GB Black - SIM Free
Apple iPhone 5 - 16GB Black - SIM Free

1.0 out of 5 stars Well .. everybody has one, 7 Jun. 2013
All right. it looks good but at what price? It has little to offer and as always apple has overpriced products.
I regret purchasing it in the first place , I switched to Lumia and I am really happy about what Nokia has done with its phones in such a short time..
While apple is just slightly redesigning its stuff and increasing the price others are evolving and offering a ""worth every pound'' product.
I just hope people will give ''it's time to Change '' a chance, but sheeps are sheeps in the end.

Nokia Lumia 520 8GB SIM-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Nokia Lumia 520 8GB SIM-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Offered by Super Tech HK

5.0 out of 5 stars The budget windows phone story, 7 Jun. 2013
Getting bored of android and being one iPhone hater I decided to give WP8 a try.
The price was highy attractive and I was not expecting much .
However it was a pleasant surprise.
I got used quickly with the OS since I have Windows8 on my laptop and it is quite similar to that.
OS pros: smooth transition, quick response,best facebook integration imaginable
OS cons: lacks apps but the important ones and big names are there .. skype works (but be aware-no front camera).
You can drag and drop files to phone or just insert micro SD card and it will play all music straight away.
It is not the slimmest phone I have seen but who cares, it is perfectly comfortable in my pocket and in hand as well.The black version sticks better than the white one to your hand having some rubber coating.
Battery life - I charge it every 2 days , I am am medium user , some music on the way to work , some wifi at home, some skype , a couple of calls. I don't have any data plan activated on it.
If you are a heavy user you should consider switching location services off as they might eat a lot of battery.
Do not install battery savers,etc from the marketplace,Nokia Care does the job perfecly.
Screen is really good despite the low screen size and resolution , good , fast response of commands even with screen cover on and gloves on. It is readable in direct sunlight even with dark background windows setting.
Audio quality is getting really close to my iPod with my Beats Solo HD headphones ( you should replace the included headphones with some quality ones) it sounds loud trough the headphone output and loud enough trough the rear speaker.No equalizer!
What I loved the most at it was the Nokia lens apps like Cinemagraph(you can create some nice animated stills) , free worldwide Nokia maps and Nokia Drive (limited to 1 country only) , office preinstalled.
The camera is not that great but it compensates with modes,effects and customisation trough Nokia lens,you can get some nice stills if you have natural lighting.
All in all I believe it is a great smartphone with unbelieveble price tag.
I have ordered a couple till now (5 to be precise) they all perform well for my gilfriend and friends(3white,2black), we are waiting now for the coloured cases to become available and confusion will be over.
If I reccomended it to my friends I would reccomend it to you as well , you will not be sorry about this purchase.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes .. For the price, 6 Jun. 2013
I have ordered these shoes for clubbing nights,they are comfortable,just like a pair of trainers, so you can dance like crazy.
Also,they look good on jeans.
After a few days they got some stripes in the place where the shoe is bending but nothing to disturb me.
Worth buying if you want a smart/casual look for a small price

Skechers Women's BikersáVexed Fashion Trainers 22037 Tpe Grey 6 UK
Skechers Women's BikersáVexed Fashion Trainers 22037 Tpe Grey 6 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Size issue, 6 Jun. 2013
I have ordered a pair for my girlfriend since she is walking a lot every day going to work so she needed something comfortable to wear. They look good , they feel nice, they are light and the elastic laces keep the foot steady without any trouble.
The only problem is the size.
She has size 6uk ( 39eu ) and the shoes are labeled size 6. But when she tried them on the shoes were bigger,maybe equivalent of 7 or at least 6.5 .
They are loose so I will order size 5 now hoping they will fit her and try to update this review as soon as I have new info.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 10:02 AM GMT

iBPM® Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector 10 pack plus free cloth
iBPM® Nokia Lumia 520 Screen Protector 10 pack plus free cloth
Offered by BPM UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy!No bubbles!!, 20 May 2013
Got these to protect my lumia 520 phone.
They arrived in one thin envelope,but in perfect condition.
Got a couple of cleaning clothes in the pack as well.
So.. let's get to wotk..this is one of those moments when I am nervous every time.I was impressed that there is a cut over the proximity sensor this way you will have no issues with it.
I cleaned the screen to perfection using the included cloth making sure there is no dust particle left on the screen.
After this you should peel the internal layer without touching it and stick it from top to bottom.If you touch the layer that sticks to the screen you might have isuues sticking it. This was my concern so thats why I bought a 10pack,to have spare ones.
However the film is really good , I got zero bubbles,and 9 more screen protectors , for the first time in my smartphone life maybe ... but I was extremely cautios and item did well.
I have ithe screen protector on for like two weeks now and it didn't catch any scratches.
I should mention that I don't use any cover or case but I am trying not to keep my phone in the same pocket as the keys of course.
Screen responsitivity I would say it's the same,I don't notice any difference after applying the screen protector,maybe because of the ultrasensitive screen.It works also with winter gloves with film on,tested it!
Very happy about my purchase and would definetly reccomend as a must have for your lumia 520
I will try to keep you up to date with the evoulution of the screen protector over time.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 15 May 2013
Bought this to connect my TV to my laptop!
For this price getting a 5meter hdmi is something!
Thick cable,looks strong,video and audio quality perfect!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3