Profile for Joanna Spooner > Reviews

Joanna Spooner (UK)

Rectangle Plastic Grip Magnetic Blackboard Eraser Red
Rectangle Plastic Grip Magnetic Blackboard Eraser Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 11 Oct. 2015
The magnetic strip fell off as soon as I took it out of the packet and it doesn't really work as a chalk eraser, it just smears the chalk around.

An Introduction to Literature, Criticism and Theory
An Introduction to Literature, Criticism and Theory
by Dr Andrew Bennett

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 10 Nov. 2006
Whilst trying to write an essay about desire, I became so confused I just wanted a book that would explain the various theories in simple language so that I would understand it. This book did just that. It provides introductions to complex topics and establishes a foundation of knowledge that you can build on with the handily referenced further reading, or reading of your own. Its now become my first port of call when writing essays, so I don't become tangled up in complex criticism and theories.

A Dictionary of Literary Terms (York Handbooks)
A Dictionary of Literary Terms (York Handbooks)
by Martin Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 10 Nov. 2006
As an undergraduate, I have found this book invaluable when reading criticism and writing essays. Each definition provides a concise, readable explanation that can be expanded upon with further reading but which provides a solid basis of understanding. I would highly recommend it to any English student.