Profile for Sam u li > Reviews

Content by Sam u li

Sam u li

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Unequal quality, 28 Mar. 2014
The four balls I got were of unequal quality, some harder and some softer. Naturally they also play differently. Still they are useful for a young kid to start learning. I would say that these are suitable for the kids under 7 years old and who have never tried hitting a squash ball before.

Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
by David Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Important book, 20 April 2013
I've tried following the GTD method now for about 3 years. I've gotten a lot of benefit out of the method but still there's a lot to learn. I guess it would be time to re-read the book.

Made by Hand: Furniture Projects for the Unplugged Woodworker
Made by Hand: Furniture Projects for the Unplugged Woodworker
by Tom Fidgen

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 20 April 2013
Good pictures, but not my style of a book. His style of focuses a bit too much on his subjective feelings about woodworking and to his relationship about his tools.

The New Traditional Woodworker: From Tool Set to Skill Set to Mind Set (Popular Woodworking)
by Jim Tolpin

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 20 April 2013
This is the best guidebook on woodworking with hand tools that I have yet found. I'd recommend this over the book by Tom Fidgen.

The Village Carpenter
The Village Carpenter
by Walter Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Love reading this, 20 April 2013
This review is from: The Village Carpenter (Paperback)
I just love reading this old book about the life and profession of the 19th and early 20th century village carpenter. This is not a guidebook in how to do things, but rather a book that describes how the life was back then.

Unsquashable Improver Mini Squash Racquet - 20220
Unsquashable Improver Mini Squash Racquet - 20220

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice racket for the young one, 20 April 2013
Playing with my 7y old. He first started with an adult racket, but since this is 10cm shorter it makes it much easier for him to handle.

Unsquashable Fundation Mini Squash Ball - Pack of 3
Unsquashable Fundation Mini Squash Ball - Pack of 3
Offered by Leisure Sport Promotions

5.0 out of 5 stars Good balls, 20 April 2013
Very good balls for young beginners. I've started playing with my 7 year old son. We tried first with the blue ball, but then I ordered these. These work a lot better and we get nice play with these, he's learning quickly.

Super-Tune a Handplane
Super-Tune a Handplane
Offered by Book Depository

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tutorial, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Super-Tune a Handplane (DVD)
I'm new to handplanes and I learned a lot by watching this. A good recommendation was to super tune only one of the planes one owns.