Profile for rosswales > Reviews

Content by rosswales

rosswales "rosswales"

The Friendly Swede 25L Ultralight Packable Backpack Daypack with Paracord Keychain (Black)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, well put together, 10 July 2016
Everything it says it is. Good looking, well put together, sturdy and useful. So good I've ordered another one for a friend.

Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Offered by You Want One

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Aug. 2013
I've been wearing this for just over 5 weeks and I love it. I enjoy tracking my sleep and activity. It works well. It fits easily and I don't notice it. 4 of my family members now have it and we love watching each others progress. It's great tracking exercise and I really all the grass you get. The app is very good and does everything I would want it to do, and the battery life is superb at nearly 10 days. I love the way it links to other apps so easily, so it's linked to the wireless withings scales and so my weight is automatically updated, it links to map my fitness so when the pedometer won't record a bike ride, gps does and the up app updates accordingly.
recording food is annoying, it's fine if you are home with wireless Internet but when you are out constantly searching the database is just time consuming. However when working out, you can make sure you getting the right nutrients and protein which is great.
I read review that complained about plugging it in is annoying and is should be blu tooth. But that would just eat up battery. It's kinda cool plugging it into the headphone jack of my iphone. However you must have an iphone or apple product, there is no android app despite them saying it's on the way.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2013 1:39 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 15 Aug. 2013
Exactly what it looks like. For the money you can't go wrong. Bought these for a stag do. They were great.

V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Phantom Chrome
V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Phantom Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy bass, 15 Aug. 2013
I only used here for a short time so if you count this review you should be aware of that. The design is awesome, the headphones feel good quality and are comfortable. The hard case that they come to carry them around is the best possible case. It would look right on the side of bat man's chest plate. I so wanted to love these due to the design and the case. However they is just too much thumping bass that drowns out the rest of the music. If that's what you like, you can't go wrong with these. If like me, you like a range of music and want to hear the vocals, these are just not good enough. I want to relax on trains and planes watching films and listening to music, I don't want my head thumping even to pop like Shakira. I also tried skull candy aviators 2.0 and the sound was great but they felt flimsy. In the end I have gone for the bose ae2s.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2014 11:56 AM GMT

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 16GB 3G + WiFi simfree - white
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 16GB 3G + WiFi simfree - white

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not an ipad, 14 Aug. 2013
This is a very good tablet that does everything it is supposed. I like the stylis but I could survive without it. The only real problem is the app store is not as good. Also I have an iphone and so I can't easily link music and I certainly can't link films I've bought. This is my biggest issue. I will not give up my iphone as there are apps I need on it that are not on Android. I picked this up for £300 with a 64 gb sd card. If I wanted a 32gb ipad I would have needed to spend 579 quid. If money wasn't an issue I would have an ipad. The retina display is better, I can tell when I'm reading magazines on the galaxy.

finally I would have gone for the 10.1, as I would like a larger screen. I thought 8inches would be enough, and if I was a girl with a hand bag, 8 inches would fit nicely in my sack, however when I carry it, it's in a backpack so I should have gone for the 10.1.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 4:39 PM BST

Cho-Yung Weight Loss Tea - 30 Tea Bags
Cho-Yung Weight Loss Tea - 30 Tea Bags

3.0 out of 5 stars I think it can work, 9 Jan. 2013
I am following my second round of going through a bag of this tea. Christmas 2011 i reached my peak weight at 100.6kg and then swore to myself i would never reach this weight again. I am an active person but i also love my food and sweet food. My new years resolution, of which the tea was a part of got me down to 94kg in 12 days and there i stay for most of the year. Post Christmas 2012...i hit 101.7kg. So i started the regular new years resolution earlier on the 28th December by buying a bag of this again from Holland and Barrett as it was on sale and this kickstarted me.

Clearly this isn't a magic pill, but along with sorting out my diet, going to the gym and avoiding treats i am 96.5kg today and at least enjoy the psycological effect of this tea and the laxative effect. I don't find it explosive on 2 cups a day, i am finding it very manageable while being a teacher (where you can't go if you have 3 hours of lessons in a row). I do feel cleared out and I am committed to this until Easter when i go on holiday.

i think it tastes nice (in a healthy, this is good for me way...it'll never be Ben&Jerrys)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2016 12:19 PM GMT

Halo (Xbox)
Halo (Xbox)
Offered by marxwax

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game with some simple drawbacks, 7 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Halo (Xbox) (Video Game)
This game is a beautiful game, action packed and full of fun. Some negative reviewers say that it is a simeple killing spree and levels are quite repetitive. This is true. It is certainly a killing spree, because you are a carnage causing genetically modified supersoldier. This game is not for the 'tomb raider liking', puzzle craving people of this world. It is simply kill kill kill, on foot, in jeep, in hovercraft, in tank and in Banshee(flying thing).
Fantasic single player campaign. Too short though. Also the same structure of room was re-used again and again, that was an annoying cop out for the level designers. Also you get to play some amazing battles, really fun, but on one of the later levels (library) you are trapped inside constantly fighting through corridors of annoying bad guys, going from outside awesome battles to inside dark corridors that were sparse of detail was the dull bit of the game and i just wanted to get through it to get to the next level.
Multiplayer - 2 player co-op obvioulsy always gonna be a laugh, fantastic fun and replayability. Deathmatch and CTF and so with 2 or more people is fun but you need at least 4 preferably more with system link. As there are NO BOTS, it really does make multiplayer only for those organised enough to get enough people round their xbox. My first and second years of university are remembered by player 2 0r 3 player perfect dark on the N64 (Goldeneye with bots), and we played for hours on end. Halo had the potential, but didn't use it.
Graphics are fantastic, full of colour and lighting. What halo does better than any other game is have huge open, outdoor levels beautifully detailed but with one great difference, their during the day. So many games cop out of graphical detail and make the background black by making any outdoor levels at night. Halo does it properly, nice bright backgrounds. Seeing the land of halo stretch out into the distance and over the top of the sky was fantastic and greatly original. pity about the library level.
Sound, flawless, its won some award so must be good really, but the effects are so cool, but i give full credit to the music, its original and its brilliant, it has become as cool to hear as the soundtrack to Gladiator and the rock (which are the same, and the same as pirates of the carribean - same writer).
Generally i put this game at the top of the xbox games (with knights of the old republic and gotham racing 2, but these are 3 different types of games). Its just it didn't make use of its full potential, hopefully halo 2 won't make the same mistake, however do not be fooled into thinking that the makers must genuis's. Look at the wachowskis, everyone thought the matrix was amazing and the writers and makers were gods. I think this is very wrong, so don't put all your faith in halo 2
Great game:
graphics
sound
gameplay engine
controls
campaigns (except library level)
bad game
repetative use of some rooms designs (graphical cop out)
no bots in multiplayer (you'll need at least 4 or more to get the best out of multiplayer, if your that organised with your mates)
Potential that sequel could be the best game ever made ever, ever: pretty darn high, lets hope they don't scew it up, let them have as much time as needed to perfect it.

Licensed Xbox Carry Case
Licensed Xbox Carry Case

4.0 out of 5 stars its great for moveing my xbox around, 25 Nov. 2003
It protects the xbox well and fits the accessories. I can get all the wires, including my extra RF cable, the dvd playback kit, 2 small controllers(Havern't tried with two orginal bigs ones, cos i don't have them), 6 games, but i rather carry the games all in another bag, oh year and the xbox itself obviously.
i have heard there are better cases such as a case that you can hook up the xbox without actually taking it out, but if you don't wanna take a risk then this will do the job fine.

Smartdisk Rover USB Flash Storage + MP3 Player 64MB version
Smartdisk Rover USB Flash Storage + MP3 Player 64MB version

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 25 Nov. 2003
Its very small, very light, i don't notice it in my pocket. Its got 64mb on it, enough for about 18 to 22 songs depending on their sizes. It easily plugs into the usb port and quickly transfers songs. And why i bought it, was because it is also a data storage device. i am a student and i have been wasting cds for last year because my work that i do at home on my computer needs to be moved to uni, its all too large for floppy disks.
So this little thing is my saviour letting me move big files to and from uni. And i can listen to music on my way to uni using the same device.
However there are not many controls for mp3 player, forward track, back track, play, pause, vol. up, vol. down. But that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Also more space would always be good but that would mean spending double the price on 128mb version.
Generally does everything it says and thats whats great about it.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (XBox)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (XBox)

3.0 out of 5 stars a fun but short game, 11 July 2003
I've always assued a game that is heavily advertised on tv and used the original actors voices to incorporate into it would always be a full game of at least 4 stars. Unfortunately i was wrong.
Firstly, i'd like to say that i had a lot of fun at times playing this game. The good points are:
- its excellent stress relieving game on certain levels as it is literally kill orc ass and there are infinite enemies. I have to say the final helms deep level is awesome and is very much like the film.
- outstanding graphics, in the words of elijah wood "its just beautiful to look at"
- The best thing about this game is the incorporation of the films, you watch pieces of the original films, then they blend into animations, which are also excellent quality, then play in the animated graphics, once the level is finished you see the game graphics blend back the original film, done very well especially the hand sauron reaching for isildor at the beginning after the training level.
- bonus features of the films that released upon completetion of certain levels was fun.
-the fighting although not very complicated was cool to perform and to watch.
Bad points are:
- such a linear game, there is no space to explore, you are limited to the set path of the game with no choice of ways to complete levels,
- certain bosses have particular strategies to kill them when your character has the skill to blatently kick their ass in a simple sword fight, Against the head uruk kai and also the head wolf rider its set out how you defeat them, you can't simply go up to them with your sword and take them on as the characters do in the films.
- most levels were about protecting something and so you were always rushed which becomes less of a pleasure and more of a chore. Especially the level on the wall at helms deep where it was constantly running back and forth kicking down ladders, so tedious.
- the levels were all identical for each character, it would have been so much better to have each character playing their own part to the whole story and to play out all three and see how they fit around each other.
- camera angles kept shifting and often you could not see what was directly infront of you as you were running in a certain direction, very annoying and almost made me give it all up.
- a lot of levels are simply the same thing throughout the whole level and there is no diversity, the wall at helms deep and protecting the door at helms deep by yourself while enemies come across the water.
- Most annoying was the lack of multiplayer on xbox, whats up witht that? this game would get 4 stars as co-operative play would be so much fun but no, i don't get it, why not?
this game did not live up to my expectations, i would not recommend it to an experienced gamer, maybe quite a fun game and is good to try and play the films however was potential here for such a better game.