Profile for Flying Dutchman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Fast After 50: How to Race Strong for the Rest of Your Life
Fast After 50: How to Race Strong for the Rest of Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Super inspiring, 2 Nov. 2016
After having turned 50 I found my running speed not improving despite being fitter than I had been for a long time. This book has inspired me to change my training regime and if Joe is right I should see my performance improve.

The Man Who Cycled the Americas
The Man Who Cycled the Americas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the most enjoyable, 5 Aug. 2016
An incredible journey but the writing is a bit dry, lacking humour. From time to time the story line jumps that you think you skipped a page. The most interesting I find of long distance cycling is the interaction with the people you meet. This book is lacking that interaction a bit.

Very Awkward Tax: A bite-size guide to VAT for small business
Very Awkward Tax: A bite-size guide to VAT for small business

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to vat, 5 Aug. 2016
A humorous introduction to vat. Very kind to offer it for free. Very easy read, well explained. Within an hour you know a good bit about the weird and wonderful world of the vat system.

EDU Science G2807 Swivel Globe 28cm
EDU Science G2807 Swivel Globe 28cm
Offered by Fun Learning

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 5 Aug. 2016
My daughter was very excited about it so when it got delivered several days early she was very happy. The globe itself has enough detail and clarity. Reasonably sturdy stand and turns freely

Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 27 May 2016
A well-written, witty report of his recovery and the challenge that he set himself. I'm probably going to read one of his other books on my next holiday - very enjoyable, made me laugh out loud on several occasions.

Footloose: Sydney To London Without Flying
Footloose: Sydney To London Without Flying

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor language - dialogue-like writing style, 27 May 2016
Within the first 4 lines of the first chapter I came across the first spelling mistake - please get a professional editor before you publish a book! Every single page has spelling mistakes (I would hope that the author knows the difference between its and it's, there and their etc.). The writing style is like talking to yourself (probably how the author did it, just recorded himself while talking to himself and then typing up his recordings). After the first couple of pages I started flicking though subsequent chapters but found that it didn't improve so I deleted it from my Kindle.

Runner's World Essential Guides: Barefoot Running and Minimalism: Everything You Need to Know to Make the Healthy Transition to Minimalist Shoes and Barefoot Running

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 22 April 2016
A collection of articles by various 'people in the know'; journalists and specialists arguing their opinion on the pro's and con's of barefoot running.

I was hoping to find a more detailed argument why barefoot running would be better and a proper training guide to move towards barefoot running.

Liquid Spirit
Liquid Spirit
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Liquid Spirit (Audio CD)
Great voice, lovely melodious songs

Desert God (The Egyptian Series Book 5)
Desert God (The Egyptian Series Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping to revive the magic of the first two ..., 6 Sept. 2015
Was hoping to revive the magic of the first two river God books but find this one a bit hard going.

LaCie Network Space 2 1TB Hard Drive
LaCie Network Space 2 1TB Hard Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars still not sure ..., 2 Sept. 2013
new control software is better than previous model but uploading files is still slow and painful. I had the previous model which stopped working as in it didn't start up anymore. Directly connecting the disk it appeared that all the data was still readable but it did dent my trust in its reliability so I really only use it as a backup device now as opposed to the heart of my network.

Page: 1 | 2