Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for drummermcd > Reviews

Content by drummermcd

"drummermcd"

Page: 1 | 2
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 2 Jan. 2005
I have listened and loved Bob Dylan all my life and this still stands out as being one of his greater works. Obviously with ground breaking tracks such as Blowin' In The Wind and Don't Think Twice, Its Alright, this album will feature high on ANY Bob Dylan fan's list.
Wonderful...BUY IT!

My Hero
My Hero
by Tom Holt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best..., 2 Jan. 2005
This review is from: My Hero (Paperback)
Tom Holt is one of my favourite writers. He has written some crackers but this one wasn't up to his standard. Found it hard to get into and by no means his funniest.
Other than that, I'd give it a miss if youre sceptical of his ability.

Dvd ~ Thomas Lang

5.0 out of 5 stars Words simply don't describe..., 16 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Creative Control [DVD] (DVD)
...how talented this bloke is. I saw him in clinic a few weeks back and hes somehow improved! Its mind boggling some of the things he does! A bit boring in some places because he does tend to go on a bit but other than that, a MUST (MUST MUST MUST) buy fora drummer!
You wont believe it...

Dvd ~ Thomas Lang

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 25 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Creative Control [DVD] (DVD)
Well, well, well...Mr Lang certainly doesn't fail to leave you in awe! His sheer talent is beyond words and his creation and imagination is outstanding. Only thing is, it CAN get a tad boring and repetative. BUT, it is by far THE most influential drum DVD ive seen! If you want to learn and progress, get this DVD, if you want to simply watch one of the future legends, get this DVD, if you are remotely interested in drums - GET THIS DVD!!!
(I just can't wait until wednesday to see him in clinic!)

The Damnation Game
The Damnation Game
by Clive Barker

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 25 Sept. 2004
This review is from: The Damnation Game (Paperback)
Fifth Barker novel I read, so you can tell I am a fan of his work! BUT - The Damnation Game...well, its a tricky one. Like all of Barker's writing, it has you thinking about how he conjures up such images, ou really wonder how his mind works. One problem though: I found this book pretty hard to get into at first, obviously you get used to it but either way, it was difficult. Also, the story line is quite unusal. Unusual in the way that it isn't so much horror but more of a soap.
In conclusion, it could have been better but still, gve it a try!!!

The Catcher in the Rye
The Catcher in the Rye
by J. D. Salinger

1.0 out of 5 stars ..., 8 Jun. 2004
This review is from: The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
Like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. I hate it. I couldn't stand the way Holden (main character) talks, his views...everything. I had to study it as a GCSE novel and it was a nightmare having to go through it so many times. I found it terribly annoying and repetative and some people manage to LOVE it! (like Ruby Wax which adds to the disliking!) still, short book, see if you like it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2008 3:30 PM BST

Cabal
Cabal
by Clive Barker

4.0 out of 5 stars Cabal, 8 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Cabal (Paperback)
I liked this book. It has a good story line and good characters. Clive Barker's ideas are always great and the ways he brings them alive in this book are brilliant, only wish there was more of it...

The Portable Door
The Portable Door
by Tom Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh aloud!, 1 Jun. 2004
This review is from: The Portable Door (Paperback)
Very few books make me laugh out loud, I think Wilt by Tom Sharpe was the only other. This book is brilliant with funny characters. Very good read.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 29 May 2004
I loved this book. Very easy reading, good diagrams, and good characters. Recommend it to anyone!

Peter Grant: The Man Who Led Zeppelin
Peter Grant: The Man Who Led Zeppelin
by Chris Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 May 2004
I loved this book. Being brought up as a big Zeppelin fan, this books summed it up. I loved the atmosphere created, very funny parts, very shocking parts, very interesting. I loved it!

Page: 1 | 2