Profile for N. Malliaros > Reviews

Content by N. Malliaros

N. Malliaros "Lexophagus" (London, UK)

March Hares and Monkeys' Uncles
March Hares and Monkeys' Uncles
by Harry Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Nov. 2008
My first of a series of Harry Oliver books with great information on everyday expressions and brilliant illustrations. I recommended it to my whole office who swarmed to buy copies and have been great followers of every sequel since. I think it makes for a great gift for all those inquisitive minds out there but don't forget to buy a copy for yourself. You're going to love it too!

Bees Knees and Barmy Armies
Bees Knees and Barmy Armies
by Harry Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Nov. 2008
Absolutely brilliant like all its prequels. I have always enjoyed the Harry Oliver books and I am looking forward to the next instalment. It is a great reference book to pick up and read whenever the fancy takes you. I always keep one of the series standing by at home, at the office in the loo...I very much recommend the whole Harry Oliver range as there is a lot in our idiomatic language that could not possibly fit into one book and I believe that the whole series covers a large chunk of it and whatsmore, a very interesting and fun chunk. This is an excellent stocking filler though I envy the person that has a big enough stocking to fit the whole series in!