Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mara > Reviews

Content by Mara

Mara

The Singles Game
The Singles Game

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're a fan of tennis and enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada then I highly recommend this ..., 3 July 2016
This review is from: The Singles Game (Kindle Edition)
If you're a fan of tennis and enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada then I highly recommend this book as a light, fun summer read. It takes you inside the soapy, glamorous parts of the tennis world through the eyes of Charlotte Silver - a talented tennis player who's determined to win her first grand slam and be the world number one. It would have been easy for Lauren to make Charlie an irritating main character but instead I found myself rooting for her. Similarly the supporting characters are equally well-rounded, from her manager/brother Jake to her rival Natalya.

An enjoyable book that's difficult to put down.

Before the Fall
Before the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved The Good Father, 3 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Before the Fall (Kindle Edition)
I loved The Good Father, Noah Hawley's previous novel, when I read it two years ago, and Fargo is sat in my Netflix queue, so I eagerly snapped up Before the Fall when I stumbled across it on Amazon. The blurb drew me in and I had high hopes for a gripping story. I was not disappointed.

Noah Hawley is a skilled writer who knows how to build suspense excellently. Even though you know the fate of the plane's passengers from the the get go, you find yourself constantly hoping for a different outcome as the story progresses. The use of flashbacks is particularly powerful, and I often had to remind myself that these characters were dead as Hawley breathed so much life into them and their stories.

I powered through this novel in two evenings, struggling to resist turning the page because I was so drawn into this world - not just the mystery behind the plane crash but the obnoxious news anchor, the orphaned boy, the doomed passengers, and the mysterious artist.

If you're looking for a gripping mystery with an ending that doesn't disappoint then I highly recommend Before the Fall.

Secret Smile [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Secret Smile [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Tennant at his best, 13 July 2008
I saw this back in 2005 when it first aired and I was absolutely amazed by it. Tennant was chilling as Brendan Block and nothing at all like 'The Doctor' he is so well-known for portraying. His character is a genuine bad guy and Tennant shows exactly why he is such a good actor. Kate Ashfield is also brilliant and even reduced me to tears at certain points.
It's great to see this finally released on DVD, 3 years after its air date, and it is a must-buy for anyone. One of the best dramas ever shown by ITV.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2008 9:56 AM BST

Allotment Lane in London (Young Puffin Books)
Allotment Lane in London (Young Puffin Books)
by Margaret Joy

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic kids book, 9 Sept. 2007
I read this book 10 years ago and recently bits of it began to flash back to me and after a lot of digging I've finally found it. It's a great book for children and I loved reading it when I was a child. A worthwhile read for any child. They'll seriously enjoy it.

AS ICT for OCR: Student Book
AS ICT for OCR: Student Book
by Glen Millbery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Jan. 2007
This book is the key book for AS ICT. I'm taking my exams this year and it's so far been brilliant. It's written by the examiners so it covers everything that needs to be learnt for the exam. If you're looking for a book to get you through ICT, get this one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2015 12:17 AM BST