Profile for L A Stevenson > Reviews

Content by L A Stevenson

L A Stevenson "The heed" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Karma
Karma

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully chaotic and breath-taking., 11 April 2007
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
First time I heard this I couldn't believe it. My all time favourite Jazz album. I've recommended this to a few friends who have all given me positive feedback. "The Creator has a masterplan" is available in shorter form on a couple of compilations, but sit back and listen to the full length version.

This isn't easy listening but is a serene experience every time i listen to it.

Hitchcock Box Set [DVD]
Hitchcock Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfred Hitchcock

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and a great introduction to Hitchcock, 10 April 2007
This review is from: Hitchcock Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Not seen that many of Hitchcock's films so I grabbed this when I saw it. Suitably impressed too. Very classy stuff indeed with all films containing good humour and some fantastic tension. These are perfect rainy day films to while away the hours.

Rear Window is excellent and warrants it's legendary status. Grace kelly and James Stewart ooze charisma. Stars just aren't what they used to be.

Also enjoyed "Family Plot" very much. Dont know how the afficionados rate that one, but I found it funny and exciting and not a little daft. A couple of the films included aren't as hot, as they haven't aged as well in my opinion. That's a minor critiscm though.

The special features also make this a very worthwhile addition to anyone's collection at home. Nice interviews with some of the stars and technical crew.

Summing up, this is a great collection and there are plenty more of Mr Hitchcock's films on dvd to purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2008 9:58 AM GMT

New Orleans Funk Vol.2: Saturday Night Fish Fry [VINYL]
New Orleans Funk Vol.2: Saturday Night Fish Fry [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars New Orleans finest, 2 April 2007
do you like funky soul music? Buy this. Absolute class. I'm not a huge fan of complilations, but the soul jazz efforts are always essential. A wide range of music too from Eddie Bo's unbelievably funky "Thang" to Irma Thomas' sweet soul "Ruler of my heart".

Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live at the Isle of Wight/+DVD
Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live at the Isle of Wight/+DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential addition to your hendrix collection, 22 Mar. 2007
I'd seen this kicking about for ages but have just purchased it. Bowled over at the quality of the package. I've seen the concert on video before and have always found it to be a bit depressing as Jimi seemed to be having a very rare bad night (or early morning!). The quality of this release has really changed my mind. "Dolly Dagger" and "Hey baby" are both brilliant. The playing is superb but the PA system was obviously playing up. If you have the JHE box set and the Woodstock and band of gypsys cds I would thoroughly recommend this. Great value too, double cd and a dvd.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3