Profile for banks10 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ancol Acticat Plastic Playground
Ancol Acticat Plastic Playground

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 13 Sept. 2014
Brilliant! This has just arrived and already my kitten is going dolally for it! The assembly process (what little there was) was easy and quick, and he's chasing after the little ball with delight! I guess it depends on your cat though; mines a hyperactive little thing so he loves it! Amazing

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfully beautiful., 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Paperback)
How do I begin?

When I bought this book, I was unsure whether or not it would be "my style", but I can honestly say that it is one of my favourite recent reads. I couldn't put it down, and the proof is in the pudding, because it took me one and a half days to finish! That doesn't mean that it's an "easy read" because, believe me, it's not. It's often challenging, heartfelt, emotional and tragic!

The narrator, who just happens to be Death himself, takes you through the life of Liesel; a young girl growing up in Namibia Germany. She witnesses the death of her brother, is separated from her mother and thrust into an unusual household. Her foster parents, especially her foster father Hans fill your heart with such a mixture of happiness, pride and tragic sadness.

Throughout the story, I found myself often welling with tears; Liesel bears the tragedy and sadness of her teenage years in a way that reaches out and tugs on the heartstrings of every reader. It's a book that stays with you for an age after you've turned the last page!

I truly recommend it.

Wuthering Heights (Wordsworth Classics)
Wuthering Heights (Wordsworth Classics)
by Emily Brontë

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 5 July 2014
A beautiful, classic story of romance!
There isn't too much to say, because the novel speaks for itself. From the first moment, it's gripping: Lockwoods dream in Cathy's room, right the way through to Heathcliff's death. If its a first time read, stick with it! It's difficult at first for people who've never read it before, but honestly, after a few chapters, you'll be hooked!
It's my all-time favourite novel, and I'd recommend it to everyone.

Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus (Wordsworth Classics)
Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus (Wordsworth Classics)
by Mary Shelley

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 5 July 2014
Brilliant book. Its the right balance between scary and informative; really I had goose bumps from the beginning. I'd recommend reading this instead of watching the films any day of the week, even if you aren't into books from this time.

Lingstar(TM) Lucky cat cat's eye stone bow Pearl Necklace Xmas
Lingstar(TM) Lucky cat cat's eye stone bow Pearl Necklace Xmas

3.0 out of 5 stars s'alright., 5 July 2014
Its pretty and all, but really its a kids necklace. I wish that had of been specified initially... pretty though.

Satires of Circumstance with Miscellaneous Pieces (Dodo Press)
Satires of Circumstance with Miscellaneous Pieces (Dodo Press)
by Thomas Defendant Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant collection, 6 Mar. 2014
This is a wonderful collection of Hardy's poetry; the different sections are separated for ease of access. Its wonderful; definitely recommended for people who like Hardy's poems.

Written On The Body
Written On The Body
by Jeanette Winterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Written On The Body (Paperback)
While it's very experimental, its an amazing read. It raises so many questions for the reader; its definitely powerful. One that stays with you for life, one that you can read and reread without it ever becoming boring. I recommend.

The Tragedy of Mariam: The Fair Queen of Jewry (Dodo Press)
The Tragedy of Mariam: The Fair Queen of Jewry (Dodo Press)
by Lady Elizabeth Cary

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful play, 6 Mar. 2014
I'm not typically a person who enjoys reading plays, but this one is actually really very good. It's based on King Herod's marriage to Mariam; truly an interesting play.

The L Word - Seasons 1-6 [DVD]
The L Word - Seasons 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Beals

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant collection, 6 Mar. 2014
the L word is definitely one of my favourite series; the characters are all believable, realistic, and connect to the audience. Definitely an 18+ though!!

The Third Policeman (Harper Perennial Modern Classics)
The Third Policeman (Harper Perennial Modern Classics)
by Flann O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 6 Mar. 2014
This isnt a book I would ordinarily have read; I brought it for Postmodern Studies at university. However, I'm really glad I did read it. I genuinely laughed out loud when I was reading it; its comical, but laced with deep meaning. A book I would definitely recommend. I'd advise sticking with it, because it's a little bit difficult to get into and understand to begin with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3