Profile for mike_mccusker > Reviews

We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
Offered by themusicmerchant

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album gets UK release, 21 Aug. 2002
You must own this CD. Absolute classic from Seattle's Death Cab For Cutie. Beautiful songs with a highly original delivery. Intelligent lyrics.
This UK release includes bonus tracks "Song for Kelly Huckaby" from the Forbidden Love EP and both tracks from the out of print "Prove My Hypothesis" single.

Winners Never Quit
Winners Never Quit
Offered by nagiry

4.0 out of 5 stars a cautionary tale, 12 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Winners Never Quit (Audio CD)
One man band David Bazan gives a hint of his future greatness with Pedro the Lion's second full length CD.
Winners Never Quit tells the tale of the rise and fall of a corrupt polititian from his twited youth to his suicide. The protaganists belief that he is a god fearing good man is juxtaposed with his ever more desperate deeds.
In a range of musical styles from the slowcore of Finish Line to the rousing emo of Never Leave a Job Half Done Bazan shows what a great story teller he has become.
Its not always a comfortable liten, but its worth it.

Emergency and I
Emergency and I

4.0 out of 5 stars An exciting blend of blistering Emo with intelligent lyrics, 8 Sept. 2000
This review is from: Emergency and I (Audio CD)
I loved this CD. Washington DC's finest third album boasts some of the best songs to come out of the post hardcore movement to date. From the strange lo-fi hum of 'You are invited' to the blistering love song 'What do you want me to say' the band show they have class and a breadth to their music that takes them outside of the narrow pigeon hole of the Emo genre. Stand out track 'The City' is quite simply beautiful.