Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now
Profile for Christina > Reviews

Content by Christina

Christina

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dangerous Woman
Dangerous Woman

5.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously Addictive, 20 May 2016
This review is from: Dangerous Woman (Audio CD)
After releasing 4 songs before the initial release of her third album, you can see a growth in the creative direction as well as the melody and lyrics. There is no denying... Ariana has one of the strongest voices in the music industry today. I personally don’t feel like the album really starts before track 4, which is «Into You» and the second single of the album. It is a song produced by Max Martin and is a true club banger. She showcases her voice in 'Greedy', which is a fun, 90s dance number that reminds me a bit of 'Cake By The Ocean’ by DNCE. ‘Leave Me Lonely’ would be a perfect song for Fifty Shades, when she sings «You’re no good for me, darling» seductively.

I overall love this album so far and it is much more mature than her two previous albums, both lyrically and sonically. I think most people can see a growth in Ariana's voice, but also a growth as an individual.

Revival
Revival
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Confident pop album!, 11 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Revival (Audio CD)
Revival is Selena's fifth album: her second if you leave out the ones she released with her band, The Scene. Comparing Revival to her first couple of albums, you can see a growth; not only in Selena's voice, but also in the lyrics and musical direction. The album has a clear vision, a vision Selena has talked a lot about in interviews. The underlying themes for the album are breaking free and becoming your own person. I think those are such important themes, especially for today's youth. In songs like Revival and Same Old Love, you can hear the confidence and strenght in Selena's voice. My personal favorite is Sober: a song about a troubling relationship that is impossible to break free from.

Overall, I really adore this album. It's a very solid pop/R&B album that I think will do very well in the charts and further strengthen Selena's fan base! She has also co-written a lot of the songs, which I think is quite amazing, considering she wrote very few songs on her previous albums. I can't wait to see what's next for Selena's career!

Lady Sings The Blues
Lady Sings The Blues
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely album, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Lady Sings The Blues (Audio CD)
Rebecca Ferguson is my favourite singer and I love her distinctive and powerful voice. I was a bit hesitant when I heard that she was going to release an album with only cover songs, because I am a huge fan of her own songs. Also I am not a big fan of jazz in general. But I was pleasantly surprised. I think because Rebecca has a voice that really suits the jazz genre, she can really pull off all of these songs and put her own personal touch to these songs. Her voice really shines on 'Get Happy', the very first single, and also 'Summertime' and 'I Thought About You'. I can not wait until she releases her next album, because I really hope, and think, Rebecca will be in the music industry for a long time.

Only Human (Deluxe Edition)
Only Human (Deluxe Edition)
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best pop albums of 2014, 10 Nov. 2014
After listening to this album a couple of times, I've come to really love it! I love the vision Cheryl had for this album and you can hear it in all of the songs that they are put there for a reason. I love the carefree vibe the album holds and you literally just want to get up and dance whenever you listen to it. I would also like to point out the inspiring intro that is the first "track" on the album. It's a little part of a speech by Alan Watts and after listening to the album, it's clear that it is the inspiration to a lot of the songs. I personally think this is Cheryl's best album yet, mostly because all of the songs are so different from each other and she has also co-written a lot of the tracks, which gives the album a more personal touch. My favourite tracks are: Only Human, It's About Time, Throwback & I Don't Care. I personally think 'Only Human' are one of the best pop albums of the year!

The other woman - DVD - from 2009 by Don Roos with Natalie Portman and Lisa Kudrow .
Dvd ~ Natalie Portman Lisa Kudrow Scott Cohen Charlie Tahan Daisy Tahan
Offered by Gravity 4 Dvd´s

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice film, 26 Aug. 2014
I really liked this film. The story felt very real and the actors were truly incredible. I had a lot of sympathy towards the main character, Emelia (Natalie Portman), who mourns the loss of her baby, Isabel. It's basically about Emelia playing the other woman in a marriage and we can both see how Emelia's life is now and in the past. It's not your typical drama film and I guess that's why I liked it too.

Gossip Girl Collection
Gossip Girl Collection
by Cecily Von Ziegesar

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gossip Girl Collection (Paperback)
I really recommend the Gossip Girl series if you're looking for something easy and fun to read! I absolutely loved the TV-show, so I always imagine Leighton Meester & Blake Lively as Blair and Serena whenever I read it. I would say the books are very different from the show. I guess in some ways they have kept the most important key points; like Serena returning from boarding school, Chuck being a womanizer and Blair acting all prim and proper while she feels broken inside... But other than that, it's quite different. But... I still love it anyway!

Gossip Girl  Complete Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
Gossip Girl Complete Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Blake Lively
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best season, 28 July 2014
Out of all of the 6 seasons, I must say that season 2 is the most brilliant. For me, this was the season when it became very addictive and a show I went from liking to absolutely loving. Even though season 1 was very good, the story lines and the characters really developed and became something magical in this season.

P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 July 2014
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to watch P.S. I love you, but I was somewhat disappointed. I didn't really like it that much and I think a lot of it has to do with Hilary Swank's acting, which I didn't really enjoy. The only good thing about this movie was Lisa Kudrow, who was so funny. I really enjoyed when Holly and her friends travelled to Ireland and also towards the end of the movie when she went there again. But other than that, the movie didn't live up to my expectations. I love watching romantic movies so I thought this would be the perfect movie for me, but it wasn't. I think I just had very high expectations, because so many people love it that I sort of had convinced myself that I would love it before I even had watched it.

Fortysomething [DVD]
Fortysomething [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Laurie

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fortysomething [DVD] (DVD)
I started watching this series, mainly because of Benedict Cumberbatch, but after watching 4 episodes so far, I am in love with the entire cast! The things they do and say are hilarious, especially the three brothers. I would say that 'Fortysomething' is a different kind of series, and does not really follow the ordinary concept that most comedy series do. I think the plot is refreshing and the script is great! At least for me, this series got me hooked from beginning to end! I really recommend 'Fortysomething' if you are looking for a series you can watch more than one time!

Wreckers [DVD]
Wreckers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy
Offered by Leisurezone

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of twists and turns, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Wreckers [DVD] (DVD)
A really great film for those who like psychological dramas. At the very beginning, everything seems perfect between the married couple, Dawn and David, but as the film slowly moves forward, we can see that underneath the surface there are a lot of underlying problems and chaos. I mainly decided to watch this because of Benedict Cumberbatch, who was truly wonderful in his portray as David, but all the other actors were really amazing and played their roles with a lot of depth. It is a film that truly stays with you and makes you wonder a lot about the ending.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6