Profile for Lizzie > Reviews

Content by Lizzie

Lizzie (north of north)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Ozeri Touch 200 KG / 440 LBS Total Body Bathroom Scale -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition and Infant Tare Technology
Offered by Ozeri UK

2.0 out of 5 stars I had great difficulty programming it, 25 July 2016
I'm too old I guess... I had great difficulty programming it, partly because I found it very difficult to read.. As someone trying to lose weight I was disappointed that it would need to be reprogrammed if I lost 6kgs. Seems like a lot of hassle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2016 7:48 AM BST

Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Plum, Large
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Plum, Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough..., 18 May 2016
It's early days with this, and I don't know if I will overcome the problems I have encountered. Firstly, it looks nice on my wrist. It has a band that is long enough for my large wrist and that was a concern. It is very difficult to fasten, trying to get the two posts through the rubber holes is very hard, but I am hoping I get the hang of it. Set up wasn't a nightmare, but it wasn't a doddle either. My main problem at the moment is the Bluetooth pairing, which seems to come and go. Even with the device right next to my phone it can't find it. It is supposed to come on with a tap or flick of the wrist, but that doesn't happen most of the time. I have tried a reset, and following the instruction I should get a logo screen, but this doesn't happen. When I first connected it, it said it needed a firmware update and proceeded to start that, saying it would take 10 minutes. 45 minutes later it still hadn't updated and with 0 progress. So, I don't know whether I have a faulty one or I just haven't quite figured it out yet. It comes with no instructions and you have to go to the website to either download a manual, get help or find the community forums.
Update: I have managed to get it fastened - found that by pulling on the rubber band a bit it will work. Still not easy. I have downgraded the review now on its actual working. It is wildly inaccurate. Gave me hundreds of steps before I had even got out of bed. The sleep function was off as well, knowing that I was awake at certain times, it missed them. Perhaps if I had been moving my arms around it would have noticed. Connecting is a pain, sometimes my iPhone or iPad won't find the Fitbit, sometimes it loses connection, sometimes I have had to shut off the iPad and restart to stop it searching. And that's with me wearing the device and being 6 inches away from the iPad, so I hope "in range". Sometimes it sends me back to a set up screen, telling me I need to pair my devices before I can connect. In all honesty I can't be bothered to input every time I have a drink or something to eat. I have tried changing the settings and even the wrist it's worn on, but no change.The two stars are for the fact it looks very nice and the nudge to move every hour is great, though the vibration to do so is very weak and I have missed it. Sadly, I think it's going back.

Panasonic NN-ST479SBPQ Family Solo Auto Sensor Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel
Panasonic NN-ST479SBPQ Family Solo Auto Sensor Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Great while it worked!, 17 Mar. 2016
This microwave looks good. It has the Panasonic brand name, which I thought was good. It has now died in a little less than 4 months. I did not buy it from Amazon, but I wish I had come here and read the reviews before I bought. Tripped the circuit breaker then was completely dead. Changed the fuse, checked the mains outlet, moved it to another that I knew was working...nothing. I have been on to Panasonic and they will not refund, only repair. Great.
Update: had to take to authorized Panasonic repair centre, as I live in a rural area it was 48 miles each way. The repairer said it was the internal fuse, so common a problem he always keeps spares in stock. It is fixed, but when will it die again, another 3 months? Just be aware before purchase. Otherwise it has been a good microwave!

Vinyl Cafe Auto Pack
Vinyl Cafe Auto Pack
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Love stories? You'll love these!, 29 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Vinyl Cafe Auto Pack (Audio CD)
The stories are wonderful and so many make you laugh out loud. Wish more people knew about Stuart McLean and the Vinyl Cafe! If you like the News from Lake Wobegon you'll like this!

Brabantia Perfume your Bin Air Freshener - Starter Set
Brabantia Perfume your Bin Air Freshener - Starter Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 16 Feb. 2016
Doesn't seem to have any scent at all, doesn't mask bin odours, was impossible to close once I got it open. Unlike some other reviews, it is firmly attached to the lib of the bin - I am hoping it drops off in the near future.

57048 2x Twin Pack (4 pieces) Scented Sink Strainer Drainer Plug Lemon Air Freshener
Offered by delighttobuy

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish. You get what you pay for, and ..., 4 Feb. 2016
Rubbish. You get what you pay for, and this isn't worth the nearly £5 paid. Plug doesn't work, size means it only fits in 1 drain in the house, and the smell is not pleasant.

When You're Ready (The Ready Series Book 1)
When You're Ready (The Ready Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars There was a lot of promise with this book, ..., 5 Jan. 2016
There was a lot of promise with this book, but for me there were too many inconsistencies. Maybe as someone who has gone through the loss of a partner I am sensitive, but Clare's feelings for Logan just didn't seem realistic. She wanted to sleep with him on the first date and it was he that had more thought to wait. She kept on saying that she was moving on and telling others that they should do so too. That behaviour just doesn't square with not being able to read "when you are ready".

Flexson Desk Stand for SONOS PLAY:3 - White
Flexson Desk Stand for SONOS PLAY:3 - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Addition to You System, 5 Jan. 2016
I also have the Play 1 version of these in my home. They do make a difference to the sound, but I admit they are pricey. Very easy to put together, a simple screwdriver is needed and it will take 2 minutes. The Play 3 version, however, due to weight, has two fastenings. One a screw and the other what they call a rivet. The screw is no problem but the rivet doesn't seem to do much. I though it would "click" into place to keep that side of the unit secure, but it doesn't. It's fine as I think it's just there for balance and protection, but something a bit more secure would be better.

The John Wilson Orchestra - Celebrating Frank Sinatra (Live from the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall) [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 1 Jan. 2016
JW orchestra is the best! Even better with Seth McFarlane and Jamie Parker, wow!

Alias Smith & Jones: Special Edition [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Alias Smith & Jones: Special Edition [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories..., 1 Jan. 2016
Loved this, brought back memories from childhood. Particularly loved the bonus disc with the interview with Ben Murphy and Roger Davis. Does anyone know when this interview was done?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19