Profile for John Clarke > Reviews

Content by John Clarke

John Clarke (North Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Modern Black Outdoor Garden Security Round Bulkhead LED Wall Light - IP44 Rated - Supplied With 1 x ES 4w LED Bulb
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for me!, 16 May 2016
The light seemed a little flimsy, but the glass dome stiffens the thing up once installed. Easy to install and the supplied LED lamp provides a good constant light.

Rustins RUSMDFCS1L Primer/ Undercoat Paints and Sprays
Rustins RUSMDFCS1L Primer/ Undercoat Paints and Sprays

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality sealer., 16 May 2016
A very thin paint which was easily absorbed by the MDF. It dried quickly and left behind a coating that would take primer/undercoat paint. The MDF was darkened slightly. Brushes washed out easily.

I applied two coats of the Rustin's sealer because I had far too much for my project - I bought the smallest size on offer - and I doubt that I will use it again in the foreseeable future. I anticipate that the primer/undercoat layers to be applied more easily than to bare MDF, and that the coverage will be greater and that the risk of patches will be much less. I will definitely use this type of product in the future when I need to paint MDF.

My only gripe with this purchase was the time taken to deliver the product to me. My fault, because the supplier, Plumbing Supermarket, stated that it would take up to 14 days to arrive, which was correct. But the project had to stand waiting for the delivery. Normally I would have got this type of product from Travis Perkins or Screwfix, but I had a few other items to buy from Amazon so I added this sealer to the order. Note to self - read the delivery dates before making an order!

From the Anvil 83771 6-Inch Forged Cabin Hook - Black
From the Anvil 83771 6-Inch Forged Cabin Hook - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Cabin Hook, 16 May 2016
Good quality and easy to install. It lost a star because a small area of the coating to the hook was damaged. Not really a problem and the item shouldn't corrode. It appeared to have occurred through the hook and eye coming into contact before the coating had properly cured.

MB102 Breadboard 830+ Power Supply Module 3.3v & 5v + 65pcs Jumper Leads
MB102 Breadboard 830+ Power Supply Module 3.3v & 5v + 65pcs Jumper Leads
Offered by UTRONIX LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 22 Mar. 2016
Just what I needed for the design of an LED layout.

Faithfull Router Bit TC Two Flute 9.5MM 1/2Shank
Faithfull Router Bit TC Two Flute 9.5MM 1/2Shank

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Mar. 2016
A good quality router bit; sharp and true.

Quality steel guitar knob Black nickel chrome screw fixing tone or volume knobs
Quality steel guitar knob Black nickel chrome screw fixing tone or volume knobs
Offered by Black Dog Music Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Mar. 2016
Good quality and look great once installed.

3mm Countersunk Bolt , Nut & Washer (4 Pack) M3 X 20mm (Including Head) A2 Stainless Steel Posi Csk Head Bolts / Machine Setscrews (Fully Threaded), Nyloc Nuts & Flat Washers Free UK Delivery
Offered by DBA Hardware

HP 363 - Print cartridge - 1 x yellow - 500 pages - yellow
HP 363 - Print cartridge - 1 x yellow - 500 pages - yellow
Offered by Raizean

4.0 out of 5 stars Print Cartridge, 12 Aug. 2015
Genuine product that works as expected.

Roland CS-10EM
Roland CS-10EM
Offered by ZeroCero JAPAN (Thank you for visiting us. We will send you popular items with care from japan.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Microphones, 12 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Roland CS-10EM (Electronics)
I absolutely love these microphones. Very discrete and great for recording ambient streetscape sounds. The resulting recordings are very clear. The windscreens must be used - but that is generally the case in any recording outdoors.

Panasonic DVMC Head cleaning tape for mini DV video equipment
Panasonic DVMC Head cleaning tape for mini DV video equipment
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me..., 12 Aug. 2015
This cleared the residue from the heads of my elderly Sony camcorder and I was able to transfer old videos to my computer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3