Profile for BlueSkies > Reviews

Content by BlueSkies

BlueSkies (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Joe Weider's Bodybuilding System
Joe Weider's Bodybuilding System
by Joe Weider

1.0 out of 5 stars No charts with book, 27 April 2017
I was hugely disappointed to receive the book with no charts as this was not mentioned in the advert, which said as new. The charts are the most important thing. I already have the book as I bought it in the 90s but wanted the charts again for my wall; hence paying a lot of money for a new book; only to receive a book which was in poor condition, mine is better, with NO charts!!!!

MiniSun Daylight LED Clamp On Desk Lamp Spotlight
MiniSun Daylight LED Clamp On Desk Lamp Spotlight
Offered by The Light Factory

3.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with updates, unless it is a one off fluke, 12 Mar. 2017
I have two of these clip on lamps that I have in my kitchen that I found absolutely useful for months and decided to get another one. That arrived today and I was fairly disappointed in the amendments or updates made since I bought my other two clip on lamps.

Changes were:
- Bulb goes in deeper and a suction pad is provided to slot the bulb in and twist to hold it in place. Wasn't easy to do
- Lamp can now only tilt backwards and not forwards like my other two clip on lamps, which makes shining the spotlight on a particular spot difficult and limited. Not happy with 3rd purchase and the updates. :(

Warm Unisex Winter Trapper Trooper Hat, Mysuntown Unisex Classic Winter Bomber Hats Hunting Hat Pilot Hat Warm Snow Ski Hat with Russian Ear Flap Chin Strap and Windproof Mask, 4 colors
Offered by Allezola UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Fogs up glasses, 4 Dec. 2016
Wore the hat today for the first time. Slightly large but bearable. Used the face mask to test it out though sadly it fogged up my glasses and I couldn't see as my breath was causing the fogged glasses. Also without the face mask I could see my dogs next to me easier. With the face mask, their view was somewhat obscured from my sight. It wasn't even that cold today. I was just testing the hat out.

I will try some anti fog home remedies and retest. I was thrilled that these were good with glasses to wear, did not expect the fogginess, which if others had truly tested, would have found out about.

Lifemax Heated Footplate
Lifemax Heated Footplate

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet are in bliss!!!, 2 Dec. 2016
I suffer from cold feet and am constantly miserable and cold because if it. I have tried hot water bottles under my feet and other foot warmers using hot water bottles but they only made the floorboards steam up and it was a hassle.

This arrived today and my feet, for once, are in heaven!!!! Took a little while to warm up but I was able to enjoy medium heat with bare feet for a while and then hot heat with socks but now, medium heat with socks is getting too hot so u will reduce to low heat and enjoy!

I am so thrilled! No more cold feet!!

Small Adult/Teenager Bib Bandana Special Needs Dribble Bib 2 Pack 1 x Black/ Diamonds & Shapes 1 x Red/Grey Diamonds
Offered by Totstown

5.0 out of 5 stars The bibs look great and fit well, 6 Aug. 2016
The bibs look great and fit well. I use it for my mother who has dementia and dysphagia and dribbles food constantly. The bibs save her clothes from getting dirty and her neck clean. Very impressed with the style and quality. Have bought more.

Firzone FZ-100 Portable Infrared sauna
Firzone FZ-100 Portable Infrared sauna
Offered by PJO Enterprises Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase ... sweating, 13 Feb. 2016
I have only just bought this based on the reviews and have used it about 3 times so far. Initially for 15 mins at the 3rd temp mark which wasn't hot enough for me so I increased or to the 5th temp mark for 25 mins second time and then 30 mins on the third attempt. I didn't sweat the first two times but today I slowly started to sweat a fair amount which I am glad that I persevered.

I am looking forward to detoxing more. It does take about ten mins to warm up so best to warm it up for 10 mins before entering. I am tiny ie 5 foot 5.5 and 7 stone 9 and the pod is compact but ample enough. I keep it up all the time as it doesn't take up too much room. I either meditate, listen to Audible or use my phone while sitting in the sauna asv you can stick your hands out of slots including keeping dehydrated as I keep a bottle of water next to the hand slot.

S6 Edge Plus Screen Protector, JETech Full Screen 5.7" Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus + (Gold) - 0881

2.0 out of 5 stars Blurry screen, not touch sensitive and cracked, 20 Dec. 2015
Didn't stick properly on the sides especially the right side, and struggled to text. Screen looked different with it on, pictures and videos looked fuzzy. Screen cracked in many places within 48 hours of installing when the phone just slid down the sofa onto the floorboards, it was a fairly soft fall. Returning for a refund.

Maxima Fitness MF-2000-ProFX-P Auto Incline Folding Treadmill (Home Use) - Grey/Black, Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars Second & replacement treadmill purchased defective, 8 Dec. 2015
Have bought a similar model 2 years ago which I now use for my 3 shih tzus when it's raining. Three and me on the threadmill ended up a bit too crowded so I decided to buy another similar model a month ago in Nov 15. Had it set up by Maxima Fitness and all went great up until when I tested the new model with the dogs later that day and found out that the electrics ie beeps of the machine's speed and incline going up and down didn't work properly ie the sound was sporadic and then silent and when I was on the treadmill with the dogs, the machine increased it's speed in silence on the console, which happened to spot out of the corner of my eye; and then whoosh, the running belt suddenly increased it's speed just like that from slow to super fast; and I jumped off straight away otherwise I would have fallen as it was too fast for me.

I reported the fault to Maxima Fitness straight away and while they were great in offering me a higher better model, I needed the same model as I have two treadmills side by side in a smallish room surrounded by dog pens, and it would look unbalanced with one small and one large machine and size was limited. While MF have been trying to help, it has been almost a month and I'm still with a machine that is faulty and not too happy with the inability to have the machine I originally purchased.

Review of the older treadmill in general is it is great; runs well, inclines well, is silent, comfortable, dogs love it, I love it; it's just the second treadmill is not so good in that it's heavier strangely, makes a different noise, belt is a bit noisy, and the sound on the speed button and incline buttons do not work properly and the machine belt speeds up unexpectedly.

Update: 22 Jan 2016
The treadmill was finally picked up by Maxima Fitness reps and replaced supposedly with a new model; but that too was faulty; and I was fairly disappointed when the engineer kept making excuses as to the replacement also had a faulty console and a very noisy belt. It was supposedly unpacked and pre-assembled in the warehouse prior to delivery and tested; instead of being sent a newly boxed treadmill which I was not happy with. I paid a lot of money for a new machine and expect a new boxed machine. I am hugely disappointed. The MD of Maxima Fitness has intervened and said he is happy to help sort the issues out. Let's see what the solutions are offered following today's disappointment in another faulty model.

UPDATE FEB 2016
Very disappointed in MD of Maxima Fitness who was not really interested in helping in spite of his email claim. Disappointed in Maxima Fitness's service now; as opposed to a few years ago when the service was good. Replacement treadmill was picked up a few days ago; am waiting to see how long they take to refund the monies. I should have bought directly from Amazon with no quibbles if there was a fault in the console, running belt or anywhere else. I did recommend friends to Maxima Fitness for a treadmill and they called up but said that the customer service was unhelpful and they ended up buying a treadmill elsewhere.

Helly Hansen Women's Sensation Ski Pant - Black, X-Small
Helly Hansen Women's Sensation Ski Pant - Black, X-Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, snug and warm though attracts lint, 8 Dec. 2015
Great fit, I am a size 8 and I ordered an extra small, Fit perfectly and looks great. Disappointment was that within seconds of putting them on, lint was attracted to the trousers immediately from literally anything around me. It takes a while to constantly have to get the lint off my trousers and I had to specially buy lint remover which I have to use constantly. The lint comes off easily given the right lint remover (I bought a lint remover glove).

Nice and warm, snug, wearing base trousers and/or thermals.

Duroplan Boat Cover Fabric Tarpaulin Tear Resistant with Reinforced Corners White 66oz/ft² - 13.12ft x 19.69ft
Offered by SURFSHOP24 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaking and torn, 14 Nov. 2015
Bought several weeks ago as extra cover for gazebo during rain and winds. Worked for a while but sadly holes have started appearing in the middle where we used tarp clips and one of the eyelets tore off the wall. It is raining today and tarp is leaking and contents underneath are wet. Not happy. Will buy another but with a higher denier/thread than this one.

It was good while it lasted but I expected it to last longer than several weeks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5