Profile for shudson@clara.net > Reviews

Excellent shoes

kangol Unisex Seamless Wool 507 Flat Cap, Black, X-Large
kangol Unisex Seamless Wool 507 Flat Cap, Black, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 April 2016
Other Kangol caps sized L/XL have been perfect but this one (xl) is just a shade too loose

Programming C#
Programming C#
by Jesse Liberty

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as I was hoping, 24 May 2002
This review is from: Programming C# (Paperback)
Having previously read C# and the .NET Platform (Apress) and lots of online information a while ago I bought this book to refresh my memory and make sure all my knowledge was up to date. The book read well and was pretty clear. I was left wanting more though! I don't want to critisise it as it was a good book, I was hoping for more in the way of best practice, performance considerations, Framework Classes and WindowsForms. However, you can't have everything in one book!

Advanced Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2000
Advanced Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2000
by Itzik Ben-Gan

5.0 out of 5 stars To the point, 14 Feb. 2002
As a programmer with faily good general knowledge of SQL 2000 and T-SQL I wanted a book that got straight to the point with T-SQL code, techniques and best practices, not an overview of the product.
This is exacly what this book is. It is large, but all information is to the point. This is not a book of waffle.
Highly recommended.

Programming Distributed Applications with COM and Microsoft Visual Basic (Programming/Visual Basic)
by Ted Pattison

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, but with detail., 23 Jun. 2000
I have read quite a few books on COM aimed at VB programmers but this one stands a head-and-shoulders above the rest. My understanding of interface design, the workings of COM and threading models has been greatly improved. This book gave me the king of detail that I was looking for, but still presented in a clear way. I recommend it.