Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. GVM TURNER > Reviews

Content by Mr. GVM TURNER

Mr. GVM TURNER

Family Guy Annual 2016 (Annuals 2016)
Family Guy Annual 2016 (Annuals 2016)

3.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons crossover not in episode guide, 19 Sept. 2015
Just to let people know who are considering buying this annual, though there is an episode guide feature in here it does NOT include the Simpsons crossover episode like it should

Ack-Ack Macaque
Ack-Ack Macaque
by Gareth L. Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ack-Ack Macaque (Paperback)
Ok that's technically a lie, but whenever I had the free time I kept picking this up. I'm a slow reader at the best of times so this did take me a while to complete but I am so glad I did. A comic strip prequel to this appeared in 2000AD's Prog 2013, and having relatively recently gotten into 2000AD I thought "2000AD featured it, might as well give it a go". I am very happy I did, this is a fantastic novel with interesting ideas and notions, the novel is somehow able to paint vivid pictures without OVER explaining things. Whether it does or doesn't happen in the future, I would love to see a movie, or TV movie either animated or live action of this, I think it has legs, and with a sequel novel recently confirmed it seems Everybody Loves The Monkey!

Judge Dredd Year One: City Fathers
Judge Dredd Year One: City Fathers

4.0 out of 5 stars Will this see print?, 2 Feb. 2013
A thoroughly enjoyable short story set in the first year of Judge Dredd's Judging career, Matt Smith has given us a Judge Dredd story that feels like it belongs in the general continuity and is true to the character, we get a feeling for why Dredd is like he is today. If the upcoming Judge Dredd Year One comics are anything like this then we should be in for a good mini series!

Little Box of Horrors
Little Box of Horrors

4.0 out of 5 stars How To Murder Drag Queens, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Little Box of Horrors (Audio CD)
Admittedly I brought this 5 CD and 1 DVD compilation for the "original" versions of Murderdolls tracks, and I was not disappointed there, it is good to see where those tracks came from, and Wednesday 13's growth as an artist, that is not to say that these tracks are bad, far from it, "Slit My Wrist" and it's predeccessor Galactic Chicken S*** are equally as catchy and listenable. I listened to everything as I thought, well I like all other Wednesday 13 Projects I've heard; Wednesday 13, Murderdolls, Gunfire 76, and I can most surely add Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 to the list, whilst it is the horror themed lyrics that you come to expect from Wednesday 13, and Murderdolls, this (although technically this came first!), brings a different, almost punky edge to it, and has plenty of good songs that stand alone in this project. As a personal top 5, I personally recommend;

-The Wolfman Stole My Baby
-Rambo (this has later appeared on Wednesday 13's Live Album)
-The Devil Made Me Do It
-Whoop D God Damn Da Doo
-Hello Hooray (very good Alice Cooper Cover)