Profile for laineyf > Reviews

Content by laineyf
Top Reviewer Ranking: 943

laineyf "widnes" (warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Postcard
The Postcard
by Fern Britton

5.0 out of 5 stars way to go Fern!!, 22 July 2016
This review is from: The Postcard (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'The Postcard' by Fern Britton is a story set in Cornwall, about 2 estranged sisters. It is full of jealousy, anger, lies and deception - and also love, understanding, forgiveness and warmth. This is the first of Fern Brittons' novels that I have read, and I had serious doubts as to whether it would be any good. Being a celebrity does not automatically mean being a good novelist, in my opinion. However, I need not have worried! This is a well thought out, highly readable novel, with characters that I liked and connected with. The book is compulsive reading, the story flows beautifully, and on the strength of this novel, I will definitely be on the lookout for more of Fern's books! Recommended!

Oral-B Smart Series 6500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars thorough, deep and effective tooth brush!, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Oral-B Smart Series 6500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is one seriously good looking piece of kit! It is black, sleek and stylish, and comes in a pack along with 4 brush heads, a travel container which is very useful, and bluetooth connectivity that you can sync with your smartphone to time your toothbrushing regime! I don't have a smartphone so haven't used this feature, but I have tried out all the heads, and have to say that this far and away the best toothbrush that I have ever used! The brush heads are so thorough, cleaning and cleansing teeth and gums, leaviing a really clean, refreshed feel to my mouth. The toothbrush is powerful, and the brush heads get into every crevice between and around the teeth, leaving me feeling as if I'd just visited the dentist! For a thorough, deep and effective tooth clean, I can wholeheartedly recommend this fabulous Oral-B Smart Series 6500!!

HALTI Walking Harness, Medium, Red
HALTI Walking Harness, Medium, Red
Offered by JD-MAC Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Halti products before, so was intrigued by this! We have used harnesses before on our young labrador, with varying degrees of success, so I was interested to see how this one would be. First of all, it is very easy to fit and adjust. It has side release, so no need to struggle to lift your dogs legs to get the harness on! The last thing you need when you have an energetic, excited and strong dog is a battle to get the harness on! The harness is strong but lightweight, and has a 3 metre reflective strip, which is a useful feature! There are 5 points of adjustment, and 2 lead clip rings on the chest and back, providing maximum control, even for a strong dog. There is also a close control handle, enabling immediate restraint, which is reassuring. My dog is a puller on the lead, and so a harness is better for her (and me). This Halti harness provided me with the control I need, without limiting my dogs' enjoyment of her walks! The material of the harness is soft, and doesn't rub or chafe my dogs skin, and is very durable and hard - wearing. For me and my dog, this is a perfect solution to our pulling problem, and we are happy to recommend it.

PetSafe Easy Walk Headcollar - Small - Red
PetSafe Easy Walk Headcollar - Small - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars not for my dog, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Halti are a product that I have used before, and this Petsafe Easy Walk Headcollar (small) is very similar and useful for training your puppy, or for teaching your dog not to pull on the lead, if your dog will accept it. It basically loops around the dogs nose, doesn't interfere with breathing or hurt the dog in any way, and helps encourage the dog to walk by your side. I tried it on my young dog, but she hated it! She just refuses to accept it, and is actually more uncontrollable than normal using this! I can quite understand how it could be very useful on the right dog, unfortunately not mine!

Salter Academy Professional Mechanical Scale
Salter Academy Professional Mechanical Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars very accurate, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fabulous product! The Salter Academy Professional Mechancal Scale is a sturdy, durable product, with a large, easdy to read window that shows weight in kilos and pounds, just like a GP's scales. It is quite a large, sliightly heavy item, with a slightly corrugated standing surface, to prevent slipping.it is very accurate (a little too accurate in my case!) and is an ideal product for monitoring weight. Recommendd.

The Hope Family Calendar
The Hope Family Calendar
by Mike Gayle

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful and moving, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a beautiful book this is! 'The Hope Family Calendar' by Mike Gayle is a story of love, loss, grief and learning to carry on after a life-changing event. Laura and Tom are soulmates. They are married, with two daughters, Evie and Lola. They balance each other out, love each other, and plan to grow old together. Life, however, has other plans for them. Linda is Laura's Mum, and finds herself becoming an integral part of the family. Sometimes, doing what you think is the right thing proves not to be. Grief is something that everyone deals with differently, and has no time limit. This is such a lovely story, dealing with something that we all dread - the death of a loved one - and the devastating aftermath. How is it possible to carry on after loss, and can the heart ever truly heal? This charming, thought-provoking story is full of so much hope! It is beautifully written, not maudlin or depressing, but full of emotion and realism. The characters are so well-drawn, the storyline is so powerful and moving, and completely true to life, in my opinion. This is a book that I will read again and again I know, and I highly recommend it.

Late Summer in the Vineyard
Late Summer in the Vineyard
by Jo Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars highly enjoyable, 10 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love Jo Thomas books! She writes such warm, friendly, feel-good stories, full of charm, atmosphere, and emotion. Late Summer in the Vineyard is a book that I could fully immerse myself in, feeling the heat, seeing the vineyard, tasting the wine. Reading this book made me want to pack up and head off to the Dordogne! Jo Thomas writes about situations that I can picture myself in (I wish!) and is adept at drawing me in to her stories. I love this book, it is a perfect read, flows beautifully, and captured my heart from page 1. Highly recommended, highly enjoyable.

The Farm at the Edge of the World
The Farm at the Edge of the World
by Sarah Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully evocative, 10 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a vividly descriptive, beautifully written and hauntingly atmospheric story! The Farm at the Edge of the World has looked out over the Atlantic for over 300 years, and is the keeper of secrets for the family who have lived there for generations. So much history - love, heartbreak, struggle, life, death - are all contained within its' walls, and it stands, solid and strong, over the Cornish landscape. Told from two perspectives, - Maggie in 1939 and Lucy, her grand daughter in 2014, this is a book that I just could not put down! The bleakness, hardship and fear of the war years is portrayed so realistically by Sarah Vaughan, and underlying that, the indomitable human spirit, the ability to love and be loved, to survive, to snatch at happiness, shines through. The secrets of the past will surface, and will affect the present. Wrongs can be made right, and hearts can heal. Throughout everything, the Farm at the Edge of the World will stand, guarding those who live there. I loved this book, it made me want to go to Cornwall and see, feel and experience the beautiful, wild and mystical landscape. Highly recommended.

Melissa & Doug - 19526 - DYO Vanity
Melissa & Doug - 19526 - DYO Vanity

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pretty vanity mirror and stand, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is lovely! A very pretty vanity mirror and stand, which is pre-painted in a gorgeous, girly pink, much to my grand daughters' delight. The mirror swivels, and the unit comes complete with gems, stickers and glitter glue, so that your little Prncess can decorate it to her taste, and provides lots of fun! There is a drawer to keep 'treasures' in, which is very useful! It is part of the 'Melissa and Doug' range, and is a perfect way for your child to express themselves by personalising it. Happy grand daughter, and happy me! Recommended.

Lie With Me
Lie With Me
by Sabine Durrant

5.0 out of 5 stars creepily compelling, 3 July 2016
This review is from: Lie With Me (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'Lie With Me' by Sabine Durrant is a gripping, intriguing thriller full of twists and turns! It is beautifully written, superbly plotted, and is compulsive reading - I just couldn't put it down until I'd finished it! Set in London and moving on to a Greek Island, it is basically a story of how a lie can escalate, building up until it takes over and becomes indistinguishable from the truth. distorting everything. After reading this, I was left with an unsettling, disturbing feeling, and food for thought! Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20