Profile for Helen > Reviews

5 x Flat Wire Rings 12" (31cm) Diameter
5 x Flat Wire Rings 12" (31cm) Diameter
Offered by Falcon Workshop Supplies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Feb. 2016
Just what I wanted. Plenty next for next time. Arrived well packaged and quickly.

Green Florists Wire on a Reel 4 Different Size Gauges Available (26 Gauge (0.46mm))
Offered by Michael Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 8 Feb. 2016
Arrived quickly and does the job.

Deeply engraved solid brass 39mm circular dog tag
Deeply engraved solid brass 39mm circular dog tag
Offered by Engraving Studios

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 8 Feb. 2016
Good quality solid tag. Packaged well arrived quickly.

The Wronged Sons
The Wronged Sons
by John Marrs

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the concept of the story and I too felt ..., 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Wronged Sons (Paperback)
I enjoyed the concept of the story and I too felt compelled to read it very quickly to discover the reason Simon left. A little unbelievable; I'm surprised some of his 'misdemeanours' were not linked to him. Like a minority of other readers, I was disappointed with the layout of the book; a huge book that could be smaller if spaces between paragraphs were lessened. It clearly wasn't proof-read as there were extraneous words and 'led' was spelt 'lead' at least twice. Don't get me started on the 'less than' or 'hung'!! I think with a better publisher, this author could produce a quality piece of fiction as his idea was a very good one, hence the three stars.

Perfect
Perfect
by Rachel Joyce

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile read, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Perfect (Paperback)
I'd not read 'the Pilgrimage ....' so can't compare but I found this an interesting book with good characters.

The Things We Never Said
The Things We Never Said
by Susan Elliot Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read, 12 July 2014
Very Maggie O'Farrell (have I spelt this correctly). I'm not going to say much but definitely worth buying and enjoyable.

The Unquiet House: A chilling tale of gripping suspense
The Unquiet House: A chilling tale of gripping suspense
by Alison Littlewood

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable book and not hard to read, 12 July 2014
I enjoyed this book. It has a subtle creepiness. I liked the twist.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceptive, 12 July 2014
It's very good. I had a really old Braun which lasted for 15 years which I loved. My replacement Remington is OK but takes a long time to get all the hairs and does appear to break some off. I have to say that my limited use of the IVog has proven very successful.
It's a chunky slightly unattractive design but who cares, it does the trick. There are no frills with this product, when charging the red light is on and when it has charged it is on. I initially charged it for about 9 hours before use and top it up for about 6 hours every other time I use it. Very good value and very effective - thank you :-)

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
by Jonas Jonasson

2.0 out of 5 stars tiresome, 14 May 2013
What a pity; the hype about this book encouraged me to purchase. I wish now I had read the less positive reviews as I have to concur with most of these. It was amusing to begin and had moments of humour but then, for me, it lost it. Without being sexist I think it would appeal to men more and reminded me a little of an episode of Top Gear. I rarely give up on a book but took my husband's advice to give up and read the final few pages. I am proud that I endured until three quarters of the way through. There are better books on which to spend your hard earned cash. I feel slightly disappointed and let down ....

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I'm not going to write a resume. I just wanted to say that as books go, the characters are believable, the plot is excellent and I couldn't wait to get back into bed each evening to immerse myself in the Deep South. I so wanted the friends to be successful. Thanks Kathryn Stockett for writing this.

Page: 1 | 2