Profile for Glyn > Reviews

Content by Glyn

Glyn (United Kingdom)

TecTake Workbench 160 x 60 x 120 cm worktable work table workmate garage steel toolbox Storage Pegboard Drawer Table
Offered by TecTake United Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for the money, 11 Oct. 2015
A lightweight workbench exactly as per expectation, you get what you pay for. Relatively easy to assemble compared with some flatpacks I have bought. Bits fit together well with bolt holes precisely drilled. Fibre board surfaces and shelves OK but let's see what a winter in an unheated workshop will do to them. Instructions just about adequate, needs some thinking before rushing into assembly. Figure if you are buying a workbench you would be inclined to do that anyway. Only bad thing - the package was coming apart and had been taped up at least twice before it reached me. Nuts and bolts dropping out of the holes in the packaging as the courier brought it up the drive but only 1 nut missing from pack.

To Sea Oar Knot to Sea
To Sea Oar Knot to Sea
by Andrew Diggins

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty accurate description, 11 May 2014
This review is from: To Sea Oar Knot to Sea (Paperback)
A well-written and fascinating account of a significant challenge. Andy captures the flavour of the whole adventure and adds his own humour and a bit of nautical background to the mix. A good read for sailors and non-sailors alike. I was one of his crewmates on the voyage and you can believe (almost) every word.

Tramp
Tramp

4.0 out of 5 stars Another unexpected gem, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tramp (Audio CD)
Another on-spec purchase after seeing her perform on Jools Holland's UK show. Intospective lyrics - fine with me. Good musicianship - equally fine by me. Good voice - yep, and better than on her "Epic" album which I subsequently bought. Can I get the songs out of my head - no. I am told that there are many many good singer songwriters out there and maybe she is not the best, whatever that means; all I know is that I love to listen to all of this album and look forward to hearing her future works.

Beneath This Burning Shoreline
Beneath This Burning Shoreline

4.0 out of 5 stars Chance delivers a gem, 13 Jan. 2011
Searching Amazon for other bands, up popped this album with an intriguing review. Bought it entirely on spec - then just had to buy the first album as well. I have no idea what type of music it is supposed to be, if it is good, bad, in or out of fashion, something for the under 10s or the over 75s. All I know is that I cannot stop listening to Cherry Ghost's music and love the driving drums of Sleep on Stones as much as the beautiful melody of Mathematics and all of the variation in between. Sometimes dark, sometimes happy, sometimes wistful - buy this and enjoy. Check out the videos on UTube to kick start a new habit.

Aerial
Aerial
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotically Beautiful, 1 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Aerial (Audio CD)
I saw Kate Bush in concert on her first tour and forgot all about her music until now. What a return! The first disc stopped me in my tracks. The second disc blew me away. The album is hypnotic in its intensity, the lyrics, so personal to Kate, evoked emotions and memories from my own life. Being a man I try not to do emotions too often but this album is just beautiful.