Profile for Grace Kelly > Reviews

Content by Grace Kelly

Grace Kelly "book lover" (Italy)

The Lake House [DVD] [2006]
The Lake House [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves

1.0 out of 5 stars most boring romcom ever, 19 July 2013
This review is from: The Lake House [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I am amazed by all the good reviews. Come on guys! It's such a boring, confusing, inconsistent, senseless movie... you wouldn't waste your time on this one, even though the actors are both cute and quite good (well, actually Sandra is gifted, Reeves is only good-looking..) there are so many other romcoms to choose from. But definitely not this one. Trust me (and the other honest people who gave it a couple of stars tops).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2014 3:44 PM BST

You May Not Kiss the Bride ( Wedlocked )
You May Not Kiss the Bride ( Wedlocked )
Dvd ~ Kathy Bates
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars funny relaxing sweet romantic..., 20 Nov. 2012
I watch this movie on youtube, and I was surprisedly happy. I did not expect it to be so entertaining or funny. It's perfect for a relaxing evening, to forget about work, stress... Made me laugh and smile most of the time. lovely romantic comedy. the actors are all so very cute too... enjoy!!

Take The Lead [DVD]
Take The Lead [DVD]
Dvd ~ Antonio Banderas

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best in his genre, 23 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Take The Lead [DVD] (DVD)
enough has been said about this great movie. I love it and I'm sure you will too, if you like this genre, of course. The fact that this is a true story makes it even more charming and touching. I enjoyed it more than Save the last dance and many others. It appeals not only to teenagers but to adults more than any other movie of the kind. it's got ALL the ingredients for success. Buy it and you won't regret it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars best cream for baby bottoms!, 4 Dec. 2009
both my kids have very delicate skin, so I have tried many different types of nappy change creams. At last this weleda calendula does the job. No more rashes! It is indeed excellent for both preventing them and curing them.
highly recommended.

Passport To Paris [DVD]
Passport To Paris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mary-Kate Olsen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, charming, great!, 1 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Passport To Paris [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film as I liked the one with the twins in Australia. But this one is much better! The girls are 13, so sweet and spontaneous, you can't believe they're actually acting. The plot is charming, full of the ingredients that make this kind of films entertaining and fun to watch.
I am 34, mother of 2 small children, thanks to this film I had a chance to think about what my own daughter might be like when she is 13,my own adolescence, and the kind of parent I want to be.
Even my husband loved it! So, it's not just a movie for children/teenagers, you can enjoy it no matter how old you are, as it is about Paris (beautiful city!), LOVE, making choices and... growing up!

Cheaper By The Dozen/Cheaper By The Dozen 2 [DVD]
Cheaper By The Dozen/Cheaper By The Dozen 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jacob Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than I expected, 20 May 2009
as I always do before I buy a DVD I have never seen, I read the reviews. They seemed good, so I bought it. But I wasn't expecting much apart from a good laugh. Well, I was not disappointed, on the contrary, I found this couple of films - both of them, to my surprise! (I am quite wary when it comes to sequels) - simply GREAT from more than one point of view. First because they really are funny (I laughed my head off!!), and second because they left me food for thoughts (something I did NOT expect from a comedy this type!!)
Maybe I am particularly sensitive to this topic (relationship parent-children) having a 3 year old daughter and being pregnant again... anyway I think the characters were amazingly true, believable, even if the situations that made me laugh were clearly pure fiction! I found myself crying at the end of both movies and still now, a week after watching them, I find myself talking about these films to my mom/husband/friends. So, if you are a young parent like myself, these films give you an opportunity to think about the kind of parent you really want to be and the type of relationship you want to have with your kids, bearing in mind "there is no perfect father/mother" but if you are a teenager or younger you will love it as anybody can identify with one of the kids too, and it is a lot of fun!! It's one of those movies you can own and watch over and over again!

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back (Dr Seuss - Green Back Book)
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back (Dr Seuss - Green Back Book)
by Dr. Seuss

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the one before, 5 Dec. 2008
I bought this book after reading the excellent reviews and I must say I was a bit disappointed. maybe 'cause I own the classic "the cat in the hat" (my daughter's favourite book) and many many other titles by Dr Seuss,which we adore reading every single night... well, this one has something missing. Not as funny as the others, (a bit boring I would say) and so, if you LOVE the one before, you may be disappointed too.