Profile for emm > Reviews

Content by emm

emm (birmingham, w mids United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
niceEshop  Zinc Alloy Ginger Press Garlic Clove Press Chopper Mincer for Home Chef
niceEshop Zinc Alloy Ginger Press Garlic Clove Press Chopper Mincer for Home Chef
Offered by niceEshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient but took long time to arrive, 30 Jan. 2016
Took a while to arrive but very good press..effortless, leaves almost nothing behind and easy to clean

Goodmans GEP03 In Ear Earphones with Microphone and Volume - Blue
Goodmans GEP03 In Ear Earphones with Microphone and Volume - Blue
Offered by Domarsolutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and good quality audible but very loud hum when not listening to music or call etc., 30 Jan. 2016
These were a gift I received. Others say the sound is muffled..on mine the sound is very clear but a big disadvantage and reason I have had to mark them down is that as soon as I plug them in there is a really loud hum. They were given primarily so that I could have my phone plugged in and answer calls handsfree whilst doing other things but that noise is so loud to be really annoying cannot wear them. The noise is not noticeable when listening to call or programme etc, only faintly in quiet moments but bearable. I really do like the slide volume control...although it does not reduce the volume of the hum .

Pro-Elec 4 Gang Extension Surge Protected Lead
Pro-Elec 4 Gang Extension Surge Protected Lead
Offered by Select Online

5.0 out of 5 stars As would expect, 30 Nov. 2015
Excellent. Long lead, separate switches, antisurge. Came quickly. What else is there to say?!

JuicEBitz® 2m Metre USB Data Sync Charger Cable Lead for iPad 1 2 3, iPhone 4 4S, iPod Touch with Custom Copper Core for Faster Charging at Longer Lengths
Offered by JuicEBitz A/V LTD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 30 Nov. 2015
Excellent quality!!! Backed up by a 2 year guarantee. Do not look elsewhere. I have bought several other leads from all sort of retailers and almost all have been problematic, not working with ipad at all, working intermittently, breaking soon after use etc. This is a quality product, works straight away and different length options are fab..no reduction in charging with length of lead. Cost a bit more but worth every penny. I've thrown away lots of cheaper leads that promised good things.

Many if these types if leads are advertised as being for iphone and ipad but are not suitable for ipad at all, only iphones. Mismarketed..unlike these..they do what says 'on the tin'. I do use the standard apple plug with the extra piece in it rather than a normal plug with just usb hole..but then that was same with other leads that did not work. If I need spares I will buy these and not look elsewhere.

If over time there is any problem with the leads I WILL come back and update this review

Desigual Women's Blus_Better Long Sleeve Blouse, Black, Size 14 UK (Manufacturer Size: L)

3.0 out of 5 stars Print not as expected, 23 Oct. 2015
An OK blouse but not as nice as picture. Design on print is nice but quality is mixed..some places print is sharp and others very blurred. Overall really dissapointed over blouse I was looking forward to having. Sent back for refund. Size as expected but in so far as Desigual known for coming up a bit smaller so I had ordered size up and it fit me well.

niceday Foolscap Flex Suspension Files V Base 220gsm Red - Pack of 25
niceday Foolscap Flex Suspension Files V Base 220gsm Red - Pack of 25
Offered by Megabrokers

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab files. Tabs bit too short., 10 Oct. 2015
These are fab folders. The horrid metal edges are covered by the card..looks soo much nicer and better on the fingers, plus even the ends are covered over. reluctantly I have to rake a star off as the index tabs let it down..they don't stick up very high to be seen as clearly as the conventional hard plastic ones. There is a reason..the tab holders have to be a softer bendy plastic in order to fit into the holes in the card, rather than sliding on or clipping on the metal frame of normal folders, so they do not look as robust..but they are fine..they just need to be a bit taller. Overrall
I would still rather have these for their look..nice and tidy.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 10 Oct. 2015
Excellent present. Easy to upload code.

AAJ Flip Straw Tritan Drinks Sport Hydration Water Bottle 700 milliliter Cycling Hiking BPA-Free
Offered by Unibos

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful hints to make this type of bottle work, 24 Aug. 2015
I have bought several of these from different suppliers including this and they are great..I keep leaving mine behind and have to buy a new one. A lot of people say about the trouble with sucking through the straw and not being able to drink steady flow. Well I like to 'guzzle' and I did try cutting the end off the straw..it did help a bit but not much. There is a design reason why uou can't gulp which I'll mention later but there is a way to easily gulp or drink steady flow...The thing with these is when you want a longer drink to just unscrew the top just a fraction, to break the seal and you can gulp the whole bottle through the straw if you want, just tighten the screw top again after. I love these..I use them in the gym, just going about and at home onealways on table next to me. because I always have them, I tend to leave them, in the taxi, at the gym doh. But always buy replacement. As for smashing...I have dropped all of mine on many many many occasions onto tarmac and all sorts of surfaces and never had a problem. Love that they are made from healthy plastic too. I always used to carry around an empty branded water bottle with sports closure which is great but gets mishapen and the plastic is very bad for your health and over time seeps into your body. Ref leaking, none of mine have leaked..the only way I can see it would leak unless faulty probably the air hole bung is missing or the hole in it is too big..or has been taken out by people thinking necessary to increase the flow. The reason there is a bung with a hole is that should allow the flow as your sucking lliquid and air out of a non squashy bottle....and if this little bung was misong it would leak through that hole. The reason the bung has a minute hole is to allow the air that you are sucking out of the bottle to be drawn in because the bottle is a fxed shape..this is why it only allows you to sip..otherwise the hole would need to be bigger and the item would not be sealed.remember the normal branded bottles don't have that airhole so as you suck the water out the bottle squishes. The reason these bottles only allow a sip at a time is because of that seal and they don't squash..which to me is a huge benefit. I did find it very frustrating at first but all you need to do is crack the seal a little by unscrewing the top a fraction when you want to gulp. Hope that helps.

Premier Housewares Egg Piercer - White/Yellow
Premier Housewares Egg Piercer - White/Yellow
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggsellent, 22 Aug. 2015
Eggsellent :-)
Takes away risk of cracked shells when boiling eggs and small enough to tuck into draw easily without taking up precious kitchen space. Useful little gadget..parents had something similar when I was a kid and delighted to find these type of things are back on the market. No danger of getting pricked as point hidden til pressed down onto something and using gives nice sharp prick to shell, no struggle or blunt risk of cracking..used on several different types and size of egg.

Jasmine Silk Pair of 100% 19 Momme Charmeuse Silk Pillowcases (IVORY) 50 cm x 75 cm - RRP £70
Offered by Jasmine Silk

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxury but bit big, 22 Aug. 2015
Ordered twin pack which arrived very quickly. Gorgeous piece of luxury. Bought because silk pillowcases are supposed to be very good for hair and help to stop breakage and due to period of illness and being bedbound my hair is breaking even more than normal so desperate for a bit of help. I have to say I think it is helping..seem to have less breakage..and hopefully after prolonged usage the difference will be even more noticeable once my hair has recovered. Also supposed to be very good to help avoid squashed face morning creases if you sleep on your front or side, but I sleep on my back so can't confirm, just letting you know but it makes sense. Once my hair has got back to normal I will try to update this or write a new review, whichever Amazon allows to say whether there continues to be reduction in breakage.... Aside from those benefits, it does feel like a lovely piece of luxury. Nice to have proper silk from reputable seller. I had done some research into the silks/silk mixes available for pillow cases on the market and this standard is best I could find. Was going to order direct from manufacturer on their site but bit cheaper on Amazon. Also, on ebay there are all sorts of people selling silk pillowcases for a fraction of the price but suspect many are not silk but blends or poor wuality even satin mix. I like a bargain but for reputable product this is actuallly a bargain..there are others selling this same item and quality for lot more.

I only took a point off because the pillowcases seem bigger volume than my pillows, but I don't like huge thick pillows, I use feather and down and they do squash down. If you have very plumped up pillows these will be perfect and better than trying to squeeze them in. The extra does not cause a problem, just means not as neat as would like although very well made and quality item.

----

After some months of having them...my hair is recovering, definitely reduced the breakage to minimal. Very happy.
Not happy with the size of the pillowcase though..so much extra material. Have tried regular oillows rather than my feather ones which squash down but still the same.
Tempted to buy more for the washing rotation as reluctant to use cotton for my head again but put off by the fit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8