Profile for thevillageirregulars > Reviews

Shure SE215 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Clear
Shure SE215 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Clear
Offered by Unique daily deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, 24 Mar. 2013
I bought these as an upgrade to the standard £30-50 in-ear headphones I've been buying for the past few years, like sennheiser CX400, 500 etc and the RHA earbuds.

The se215s are an amazing upgrade in terms of build quality - I say this even though the first set I was sent came with a bad cable. Very robust so far (this contrasts with some of the reviews I've read of these emanating from the US) and the soft carry case is way better than sennheiser or others supply. Hopefully they will last more than the one year I have got out of every other brand....

The sound of these is a revelation! With the foam earbuds (and also to a good degree with the latex ones) there is excellent passive noise isolation: it is as good as having very good quality earplugs in and the behind-the-ear cable routing really minimises the cable-rub noise of other in-ear designs.

The sound is extremely well balanced (for comparison I find RHAs just a little bit tinny, and most sennheisers a bit on the bassy side) and the detail is great - I'm hearing stuff in my old music that I just hadn't picked out before either on phones or on speakers.

They are a real step up from the £30-50 price range and I would recommend to anyone.

One note of caution - I find these very very comfortable indeed (as comfortable as sennheiser cx400II, my previous favourite fit), but I can imagine that if my ears were a different shape, they might not be so ideal. They are very configurable (e.g. angle of cable, form of wire behind ear, cable exit position in relation to ear etc....) but they are bulkier than standard earbuds and I can imagine that they won't work for some....

Sony 3.5mm Audio Earphone Extension Cable Cord (0.9M Gold Plated) For Apple Ipod MP3 MP4 PDA Mobile Phones etc

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 48 hours, 11 Feb. 2013
Delivered promptly, appropriately packaged...

BUT the female jack **FELL OFF* after being used twice. Absolute poor quality junk. Badly soldered and really poor build quality. Not even worth the £3.99 asking price.