Profile for L. Thayer > Reviews

Content by L. Thayer

L. Thayer "MRS THAYER'S CLASS" (Letchworth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Illustrated Classics for Girls (Anthologies & Treasuries)
Illustrated Classics for Girls (Anthologies & Treasuries)
by Lesley Sims

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Roach's Fantastic Book Review, 14 Mar. 2013
This beautiful book contains shortened versions of six classic books, which have been loved by girls for over a hundred years. The classic novels are The Railway Children by E. Nestbit, The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, The Secret Garden by Frances Burnett, Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, Little Women by Louisa Alcott and Heidi by Johanna Spyri. The book contains lovely pictures and is easy to read. This collection of stories will make you want to read the whole novel. I think girls of all ages will really enjoy this book.

The Railway Children (Illustrated)
The Railway Children (Illustrated)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amy Gibben's First Class Book Review, 14 Mar. 2013
This is set in England, in the county, by a station. There are three children. One is called Roberta, she is the oldest and there is Peter. He is ten and finally, Phyllis who is the youngest! They live in a cottage with their mother and father. Their father has to go away on business so they have to move from a town to the countryside and nearby there is a station. When they go to the station they get to know the timetable and they always see a gentleman with a kindly face. He waves to them every day on the same train and the same time, and the children spend most of there time watching trains. This is my favourite book because it is like lots of stories in one. Some parts of the story made me feel sad like when their father had to go away but it was a happy ending when their father came home on the train. I think all from five to eleven would really enjoy this book. In fact, my teacher still loves reading it!

Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark)
Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark)
by Lucy Daniels

4.0 out of 5 stars Eleanor Mackey's amazing review, 14 Mar. 2013
Kittens in the Kitchen

Kittens in the Kitchen is a very good book for 7-13 year olds. It is part of a big set of Animal Ark books. This book is written by Lucy Daniels and is full of adventure. Mandy Hope and her friend James Hunter have a week to save four kittens and a stray mother cat from a caretaker who hates cats. I like this book because it is exiting and fun to read. All the people who answer to the adverts which Mandy puts out are no use. Either too fussy, argue too much, or already have too fierce cats. Read the book to find out if Mandy can find homes for the four tiny, helpless kittens in just one week

Snow Dog
Snow Dog
by Malorie Blackman

4.0 out of 5 stars Amy Philpott's Fabulous Book Review, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Snow Dog (Paperback)
The Snow Dog.
By Sami Sweeten.
The snow dog is a fun and enjoyable book to read to yourself. It is all about a girl who wanted a dog, but wasn't allowed one. There is also snow globe, that she made with granddad.

One day she went outside and took the globe with her and then the next minute she was in a far away land called Snow Globe Land. She was in a small field when she heard a barking noise. She saw a dog and after that she decided to visit everyday. I won't tell you the rest of the story because I think you should read the book!

I am sure all children up to 8 year olds will love it. I haven't read any other books by Sami Sweeten, however I think I will do soon!

by Sophie Bevan

4.0 out of 5 stars Ana Balac's Amazing Book Review, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ponies at Play (Paperback)
Ponies at Play

I really think you should read this book because it is filled with fun pony facts and photos of them playing, running, eating and there are pictures of the youngsters too. So I really hope you will like this book~ enjoy it!!!!
I think girls aged 8 - 9, who like horses, will really enjoy this book!

by Andy Stanton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Grace's Fantastic Book Review, 14 Mar. 2013
Mr Gum and the Biscuit Billionaire
This is a hilarious book with Billy William (III) and Mr Gum.
Polly and Friday have met a new friend called Alan Taylor, doesn't sound much but he is an electro muscled gingerbread man, who has loads of money in one biscuit tin! Cool, but the crooks are out again grabbing for the money. Mr Gum really thinks he is going to get away with it, Monsieur Bellybutton is saving the crooks when Polly jumps out to save the day. Friday has got stingy nettle blisters and its left to Polly. At the end they all save the day and Alan Taylor realises that money doesn't mean everything old granny is finding more sherry and Miss Lovely (who is very lovely) is finding her special ingredients for sweets.
I recommend it for seven year olds who love adventure and laugh a lot.

Josie Smith in Summer
Josie Smith in Summer
by Magdalen Nabb

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarlett Burr's World First Book Review, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Josie Smith in Summer (Paperback)
My book is called Josie Smith in Summer. I think that this book is great so far. I would recommend this it to girls aged seven and over. My favourite person is Josie. I like her the best because she has lots of fun. The part that I have just read is about Josie and her friend Eileen having a water fight. It was funny. Eileen said to Josie, " not to wet her hair".
All the adventures that Josie has makes you want to keep reading this book. There are other books by this author and I would like to read them as I would like to know all about Josie.

Horrid Henry's Haunted House
Horrid Henry's Haunted House
by Francesca Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Grace Hopley's Stunning Book Review, 4 May 2012
I am reading horrid Henry and the Haunted House. I think it is fantastic book. I like this book because it is very funny. You should buy it. Henry is always horrid to his brother. In chapter two I like the part when Henry is scared because he hears a wailing sound from a wardrobe in his bedroom. In chapter three he gave away a Burpy- Slurpy- teasy- Weasy Doll that he got given by his Auntie. He was not pleased at all, because his brother got £25. Henry gets invited to a show. I won't tell you what happens because I think everyone should read this book!

Penguin Pandemonium (Awesome Animals)
Penguin Pandemonium (Awesome Animals)
by Jeanne Willis

5.0 out of 5 stars Heather Christie's Amazingly Informative Book Review, 4 May 2012
This book and I think it is great because all of the penguins are really funny. I think you must buy it, because there is so much pandemonium. My favourite penguin is Rory because he is tried to save the zoo so hard. The penguins saved the day and there was a happy ending. There are lots of penguin facts to enjoy. The book will only be enjoyed by children aged 7 upwards, because the words are quite hard to read for 6 year olds and younger. The book is so crazy.

The World According to Humphrey
The World According to Humphrey
by Betty G. Birney

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Shackell's Stunning Review, 4 May 2012
My book is called The World According to Humphrey. This book is fantastic, because it gives useful tips about hamsters. I think tip nine is good, I used this tip on my hamster. My favourite hamster is Humphrey. The book is for 8 years old and up. I think chapter 8 is great. There are lots of facts about hamsters. Humphrey the hamster is so intelligent. There are jokes in it too. Be careful your hamster doesn't escape.
I would rate this book 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4