Profile for Dr. Manuel Marques Pita > Reviews

Content by Dr. Manuel Mar...

Dr. Manuel Marques Pita "Manu" (Portland, OR USA)

FURminator Long Hair DeShedding Tool for Large Cats
FURminator Long Hair DeShedding Tool for Large Cats
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work. Excellent., 15 July 2016
Will make you create a less furry and stronger bond with your cat.

Tenba 638-294 Messenger Backpack for Camera/Laptop - Burnt Orange
Tenba 638-294 Messenger Backpack for Camera/Laptop - Burnt Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it. you won't regret it., 15 July 2016
I adore this bag.

1Q84: Books 1 and 2
1Q84: Books 1 and 2
by Haruki Murakami

5.0 out of 5 stars In my personal lifetime top 5., 15 July 2016
This review is from: 1Q84: Books 1 and 2 (Hardcover)
This is the kind of story that keeps me glued to the book. Such a journey into worlds that are not this, but at the same time they seem possible.

Sitges - Ash EU41
Sitges - Ash EU41
Offered by VISCATA

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish they were a tad tighter, but I love these., 15 July 2016
A tiny bit too large. But WONDERFUL, so well made. No comparison with badly made Tom's

Portable Charger RAVPower 16750mAh Power Bank External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 11 Jun. 2015
This works as advertised. Highly recommended

Medulla
Medulla
Offered by the_record_factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Little fairy, mad (intuitive) scientist opens new paths..., 25 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Medulla (Audio CD)
I was another of the lucky ones to hear this album before general release. I will start by saying that I was looking forward to the studio version of Where is the line, and I am a bit dissapointed I must say. The version she played live was so powerful, with arabic undertones, a sort of evolution from Army of me. The studio version is rather dark and slow. I still love it though. Vokuro, one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, no words to describe it. Who is it and mouth's cradle are songs that a lot of people will love, and I love them too!! happy, surreal - you just walk with your ipod around and no-one knows how happy you feel inside.
Desired constellation.. another of those songs that are difficult to describe with words, bless her. So much emotion coming out in such a beautiful way. Triumph of a heart, makes you want to get together with your friends and organise an improvisation of noises and beats, SO MUCH FUN!!
I am very curious about what will come next, I hope Bjork wont ditch instruments forever and that Matmos and Zeena will come back to working with her, From a listener point of view I feel they still have a lot to explore together.
Thanks again Bjork for the music and the inspiration!

Vespertine
Vespertine
Offered by WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET

5.0 out of 5 stars The next cycle of her evolution. Love to you Bjork, 28 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Vespertine (Audio CD)
If you are waiting for continuity or if you are trying to predict how the experiences she induces will feel like, then you are only accessing a limited perception of what she is giving with her music.
Sit down looking through the window this winter or just whilst doing the wishes and listen to this lovely CD, you'll love it.
From Vespertine I really liked:
Aurora, it's just so beautiful and full of heart... My favourite from this album, no doubts.
Undo, Do not miss this one, specially the way it goes towards the end of the song, great!
Sun in my mouth ... no words.
It's not up to you, great song of freedom (for Lars?)
Harm of will, so soothing, a beautiful lullaby.
Unison, bjork has this thing about last songs in her albums -- they are somehow special, I can't really explain why but it happens again with Vespertine, perhaps the only continuity. Loved it!
Thanks Bjork for making this music and from being so honest in this world of no-giving.