Profile for Patrick Faleur > Reviews

The Country Formerly Known as Great Britain: Writings 1989-2009
The Country Formerly Known as Great Britain: Writings 1989-2009
by Ian Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 9 Jun. 2010
I highly recommend this book. Very well written, poignant, thought provoking and varied subjects for the "short" stories or articles - easy to dip in and out of. Particularly good were the articles on the Hadfield Rail Crash, and the Titanic band. I have already lent it to my daughter and the necessarily slightly technical nature of the rail crash article did not put off my wife who bought the book, read it avidly and then recommended it to me. Definitely one of the best books I've read.

Sony VAIO VPCEB1S0E 15.5-inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Matte White)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent laptop, 9 Jun. 2010
I bought this for my son as I was impressed by the quality in a local shop.

We weren't disappointed, easy to set up - no problems at all!

A good specification for the money as we would't consider less than 500GB for the hard drive, and decent memory too.

Good action for the keyboard too, Sony have learnt from apple!!

The Genius of Photography
The Genius of Photography
by Gerry Badger

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 23 Jan. 2008
I don't normally go for TV tie-in books but this book is an excellent read, and it makes you think about what photography all about.

The pictures are mainly the same as the TV series but photographs don't come over well on the box, far better to appreciate them reproduced properly and with time to see them properly.

It is a good introduction to many previously little known photographers and I was sorry when I had finished reading it as I would have liked more of the same!