Profile for Roberts > Reviews

Content by Roberts

Roberts "r0bis" (London UK)

Iiyama ProLite X2783HSU-B1 27 inch LED Monitor
Iiyama ProLite X2783HSU-B1 27 inch LED Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jan. 2016
Great monitor, bright clear picture

Schwalbe Road Cruiser KevlarGuard Active Wired Tire - Black, 26 x 1.75 Inch
Schwalbe Road Cruiser KevlarGuard Active Wired Tire - Black, 26 x 1.75 Inch
Offered by bikes4life limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, 17 Jan. 2016
I like this tyre. Rolls very smoothly, significant speed increase over the usual mountain bike tyre. Turns a MTB almost into a hybrid. No punctures over a year with some 30 miles per week. Need to inflate recommended pressures.

Executive Shaving Pearwood Boar Hair Beard Brush
Executive Shaving Pearwood Boar Hair Beard Brush
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice to use, 18 Dec. 2015
Well made, very nice to use.

CalmingBreath Meditation Stool Cushion (Sand)
CalmingBreath Meditation Stool Cushion (Sand)
Offered by Calming Breath

5.0 out of 5 stars This is very sturdy and well made zazen bench, 18 Dec. 2015
This is very sturdy and well made zazen bench. Slightly narrower and lower than I used before in my training, but feels more solid. Feels solid and comfortable and I even have not used the cushion yet; perhaps I will do for longer meditations.

Premier Housewares Four Tier Slatted Wooden Shoe Rack - Beige
Premier Housewares Four Tier Slatted Wooden Shoe Rack - Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a birdhouse (a compliment for real), 20 Mar. 2014
No wonder this shoe rack polarizes opinion. I had low expectations, but this item has exceeded those by a wide margin. First of all packaging is a simple light box - just multiply dimensions of a shelf 4 times. To assemble I unpacked my DIY bag, then the shelf. No instruction, but easy to figure out how to assemble. I expected the shelf to be very slanted, something that would fall down on its own. No such thing. Good size for shoes and floor included you get 5 surfaces. Buy a wood treatment from IKEA ("behandla") for 4.70 if you want to add to its looks. Some people have suggested glue. If I attempted to disassemble the shelf and put it together for the 2nd time I probably would use glue. The wood slates look quite flimsy indeed; I think the shelf may not survive your child trying to sit on it or running into it with a scooter. But hey, who knows; it has been standing peacefully just inside the entrance for over a month now, carrying a full load of our shoes (3 small boys and mine) and boys are perfectly happy storing shoes there. To be fair maybe in some spaces if they tried to lift the shelf, they might get a splinted, but that is nothing that a little sandpaper and "Behandla" would not fix. So surprisingly stable and has quite ingenious way how to put together. I laughed and shut my DIY bag having not used a single tool. This all reminds of a kind of school birdcage project for year-6es. Surface to price ratio is great, if someone knows better, please do let me know.

Accelerando
Accelerando
by Charles Stross
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book for the technology savvy, 12 Dec. 2007
In my humble opinion the book is very interesting. Probably quite a lot of ideas make more sense to people who have been studying biology and programming. The reading is a bit difficult for the first fifth of the book because one struggles somewhat to get one's head around the ideas that have been crammed into such small space. Then it gets purely exciting and interesting. I guess the reader who mentioned unlifelikeness of characters has a point but I suppose this could be viewed also as an artistic device to say how hard it is now to imagine how people would think post-singularity.