Profile for K. Møller > Reviews

Content by K. Møller

K. Møller (Denmark)

KAVAJ iPad Air leather case cover "Berlin" for the Apple iPad Air cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature. Thin Smart Cover as premium accessory for the original Apple iPad Air
Offered by KAVAJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not perfect fit, 13 Dec. 2013
Having had this product 3weeks now I can tell that I am overall very pleased but I do find a couple of things, which could be improved.

It still does not completly fit in a way so all openings are in center, the stitchings can feel a bit anoying for the palms when holding for prolonged time and I dont find the stand secure in the "up" position (does not bother me much though) but it is fine for the typing position.

What this cover does give you is lightness that goes well with the Air and a lovely analog feeling making this a product I would recommend in spite of it not being perfect. Considered giving it only four stars because of the small issues but considering its very fair price, excellent service from Kavaj (actually got a phone call to make sure, I received it!) and overall quality feeling I will give it five stars anyway. Highly recommended.

Tannoy Mercury V1i Speakers (Dark Walnut)
Tannoy Mercury V1i Speakers (Dark Walnut)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small speakers big sound!, 21 Oct. 2013
I bought these on behave of my 64 years old mom but tested them myself before handing them over. I compared them to my old but good Dali 450's which are fairly large floor standing loudspeakers with dual 6.5" and 1" softdome unit. Also I recently bought a couple of Dali Zensor 1 for my children, which are directly comparable speakers, which I have in my memory as well to compare with.

The Tannoy's did of course not have as deep bass as the Dali 450 but the bass they delivered was punchy and much deeper and firmer than the Dali Zensor 1, which I already found to be a marvelous little speaker. In the higher tones the Tannoy and Dali Zensor 1 are quite equal - both entertainers but also with the ability to deliver HiFi for little money.

In Denmark the Dali's are roughly 50 pounds more expensive than the Tannoy Mercury C1i and seeing that the Tannoys has a better bass reproduction it should be a no-brainer. The Dali Zensors are somewhat better looking though.

Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)
Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great FPS, 31 May 2009
This being my first FPS war game on the Wii, I'm pleased to say, that the Wii remote system is fun to use. Good detail level. Gameplay is quite good and the online multiplayer let you have hours of good entertainment.

Radical Brewing: Tales and World-Altering Meditations in a Glass
Radical Brewing: Tales and World-Altering Meditations in a Glass
by Randy Mosher

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, fun and precise!!!, 21 Jun. 2008
This is a book you'll read just for the fun of it, and when finished you'll have a lot of inspiration to brew with beers with an edge - and a lot of straightforward recipes to follow. This has certainly become one of my favorite books!

How to Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Beer Right for the First Time
How to Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Beer Right for the First Time
by John J. Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book!, 21 Jun. 2008
For the technical side of brewing this book covers what you need to know! I also have the "complete joy of homebrewing" which is also a great book and lot of fun to read, but to be honest it is not as up to date as this book. I recommend this book together with "designing great beer" - with this set you'll be able to brew the most common types of beer with very good results.

The Homebrewer's Companion
The Homebrewer's Companion
by Charlie Papazian

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy entry level book, 16 Oct. 2007
Describing the different brewing techniques in an understandable way for the basic homebrewer.

I was never the less disappointed when turning to the recipes, where only 1/3 are all grain, which I find a bit strange considering it should be for advanced brewers - but maybe it is more common in the states to use extract than it is in Denmark.

Also it would be an improvement to clean up the book so it is easier to use as a tool and if the guidelines should be useful, I would like them to offer details on ingredients - but for that purpose I'll use "Designing great beer".

All in all I'm still very fond of Papazians approach to homebrewing but would like a "new complete joy of all grain brewing"...

Designing Great Beers: The Ultimate Guide to Brewing Classic Beer Styles
Designing Great Beers: The Ultimate Guide to Brewing Classic Beer Styles
by Ray Daniels

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comprehensive book!, 16 Oct. 2007
A phenomenal book for designing your own all grain recipes. Very easy to read as you can read just the chapter you need for brewing a specific type of beer and get some useful hints. Also it is highly recommended for European readers as the metric system is consequently used thorough the book.

New Brewing Lager Beer: The Most Comprehensive Book for Home and Microbrewers
New Brewing Lager Beer: The Most Comprehensive Book for Home and Microbrewers
by Gregory J. Noonan

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for advanced brewers, 16 Oct. 2007
Had been reading other basic books on the topic homebrewing as well as "Designing great beers", which I considered a somewhat comprehensive book, but wished to step up and get more knowledge. But this book is simply to boring to read and as a Dane, I get irritated by the fact that I need my calculator all the time while reading the book.
For an American advanced (home)brewer I guess this is a good book, but for me, I think I'll stick with the less technical books and keep the joy of homebrewing...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 4:27 PM GMT