Profile for B. Adams > Reviews

Content by B. Adams

B. Adams (Oxford United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars GrooooooVY!!, 29 Mar. 2016
It was brilliant back then, its brilliant still today. Great for kids but adults can enjoy it just as much.

The Last Witch Hunter [Blu-ray] [2015]
The Last Witch Hunter [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Vin Diesel

4.0 out of 5 stars Which witch is which?, 29 Mar. 2016
Better than expected.

I did not expect to like this movie as much as I did and the storyline is fairly traditional for this style of “hunting” film, but there are still enough minor elements to make it stand out as slightly different and enjoyable.

P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars She obviously has a fetish for Irishmen, 15 Feb. 2016
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This is a painful watch for most men, and like most men I know that have seen this film I was also railroaded into watching it by my partner who sobbed her little heart out far too often during the film!

It’s a different sort of love story I guess, and I can’t imagine many women not enjoying this film, however for me what ruined it was the love interests after her husband’s death. It was all within the first year and felt far too soon and a little insulting to her husband’s memory, what would have been better is just seeing his letters help guide her back to being a strong independent woman ready for the world ahead including the prospect of meeting someone new. But what do I know, I’m just a man that wouldn’t have watched this film by choice anyway.

The Martian [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2015] [Region Free]
The Martian [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2015] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

4.0 out of 5 stars Positive poop spuds, 15 Feb. 2016
I enjoyed this film more than I was expecting to.

Although I’d heard good things about it I was dubious about how the non-elaborate non-fantasy plot could make an interesting enough film keeping elements of realism, but somehow it does, and the humorous moments give you some light relief that makes a film spanned over 2hours really not seem that long.

If I was to be overly critical I’d say it takes far too long time into the film to see him shave, so I was battling with an internal gripe for a while of how this abandoned man was able to keep looking so fresh and trimmed :)

Very much recommend this film.

LEGO Dimensions: Team Pack Ninjago
LEGO Dimensions: Team Pack Ninjago

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid. Buy Skylanders instead, 24 Jan. 2016
If you like skylanders then AVOID this game. My children are 6-8 and enjoy lego so of course wanted this game, but it's far to complicated for them and you can't just plug & play.
Unless your an older lego fanatic, I genuinely don't believe you will enjoy this incredibly expensive game that doesn't have the graphics or fun playability that you get from Skylanders

Ravensburger Bugs in the Kitchen
Ravensburger Bugs in the Kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding game!, 27 Dec. 2015
Such a fantastic game well worth the money! I can't recommend it enough. Easy to set up, simple rules for little ones, but tactical enough that us older ones can play along happily

John Adams Doggie Doo Game
John Adams Doggie Doo Game
Offered by Smart Games Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter dog s***e, 25 Dec. 2015
This review is from: John Adams Doggie Doo Game (Toy)
The doo just gets stuck in the dog & the pump doesn't work. How on earth did this toy pass testing?? Please do not waste your money

The Nightmare [DVD]
The Nightmare [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodney Ascher

3.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping for so much more, 8 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Nightmare [DVD] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to this documentary so pre-ordered as soon as I could. Sadly, for me the documentary doesn’t live up to my high expectations, although I did like what they tried to create with mixing up atmospheric recreations of the shadow men.

Personally I would have liked to have seen more discussion and them explore where folklore like the ‘Old Hag’ has come from to add a bit more depth to the material.

If you have any interest in sleep paralysis and the paranormal effects this can bring then its worth a watch, but if you film keep away.

Pie Face Game
Pie Face Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Pie Face Game (Toy)
A very simple concept but my boys absolutely adore it. Great fun

Legend [DVD] [2015]
Legend [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Tom Hardy
Offered by Rikdev Media

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent enough film loosely based on some facts, 28 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Legend [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
Tom Hardy was magnificent; you can’t doubt his acting ability in the slightest. That being said I can’t quite rate the film higher than 3stars simply because I felt the story was portrayed as factual accounts for an American audience where as British viewers with any established interest in the Krays would consider it fairly inaccurate due to what has been written about them from many associates as well as from some accounts realised by Reggie Kray in various interviews.

Plus as much as Tom Hardys acting was first class, I believe the characters he was given to perform as were also inaccurate with Reggie being portrayed as someone that almost went straight and had a secret hatred of his brother, and Ronnie Kray a complete moron with no business sense at all with just a hunger for violence.

There are some funny moments and some really good scenes that should entertain the masses, but if you want to watch a film that gives a truer account of the Krays than the original with the Kemp twins is still the better version in my opinion.

Oh one final point the casting for other characters such as Jack the Hat.... terrible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7