Profile for E. Barnes > Reviews

Content by E. Barnes

E. Barnes (Manchester, UK)

The Contented Baby with Toddler Book
The Contented Baby with Toddler Book
by Gina Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars My saviour!, 20 Oct. 2009
I followed the Contended Baby routines with my first baby and he is now aged two and has always slept and eaten really well. My friends with children of a similar age can't believe how good he is at sleeping. We have never really felt the sleep deprivation that other parents of young children talk about (except in the very early few weeks of course!). With this in mind, lots of people have passed comment that he is probably an 'exception' and we're 'lucky'. Although I have always been an advocate of Gina's routines based on my experience with my first, the 'doubters' were getting to me, so in some ways I was nervous about having another baby - would he or she easily adapt to the routines suggested by Gina or would we eventually get to experience all the traumas of night time waking and fussy feeders?! More importantly, would a new baby disrupt the routines that we have so easily fitted into our lives with our first child.
The Contented Baby with Toddler has saved me! It is another excellent, practical guide to adopting routines that fit into our lives (especially our toddler's!) and offer the best chances of a happy little baby who sleeps well. This book has given me the confidence that the routines will work and I'm looking forward to proving all the doubters wrong with my second baby!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2010 2:44 PM BST