Profile for Olivia Fair > Reviews

Content by Olivia Fair

Olivia Fair (South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2
A Man of Good Hope: One Man's Extraordinary Journey from Mogadishu to Tin Can Town

5.0 out of 5 stars Jonny Steiner is an excellent writer, who chronicles his main characters meticulously and ..., 11 May 2015
Jonny Steiner is an excellent writer, who chronicles his main characters meticulously and beautifully. This is the story of Asad and his life journey through the continent of Africa with all its complexities and tribulations. Being South African myself and living in Cape Town, in light of recent events, this book held even more meaning and relevance to me. Despite the heartbreaking story, it is also fascinating and informative, and so for me it was an exceptional read.

Sarah Thornhill
Sarah Thornhill

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sarah Thornhill (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have read by Kate Grenville, and I absolutely loved this one as much as I did the first - A Secret River. A beautiful, touching yet heart-breaking story, with a fascinating insight into a part of Australia's history.

Wake
Wake

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Wake (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book! It is beautifully written, viewing the war from the perspective of three women, a view which I found fascinating.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 31 July 2014
I am still in the process of reading this book. The story line is appealing, but compared to other books I have read recently, I am finding the writing style clichéd and simplistic.

The Gorgeous Girls' Colouring Book
The Gorgeous Girls' Colouring Book
by Jessie Eckel

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality colouring book, 21 July 2014
A quality colouring book - with clear pictures and thicker paper than the usual colouring books. My daughter loves it and it has kept her busy for hours.

The Secret River
The Secret River

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Secret River (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and found it hard to put down! I enjoyed Grenville's writing and found it to be very evocative. The story flowed well and despite being sad and quite shocking at some points, I found this history of Australia interesting. I look forward to reading her more recent novel, Sarah Thornhill.

Magnetic Poetry
Magnetic Poetry

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Magnetic Poetry (Toy)
Great little kit suitable for kids trying to get to grips with their vocabulary as they start learning to read, and very accessible to have it stuck to the fridge. Large number of words plus some prefixes and suffixes. My only criticism is that it's made in the USA, so a few of the words are spelled the American way, rather than our preference of the British way.

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp For NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 6 Feb. 2013
This case fits my Kindle perfectly. It has a good protective cover and is comfortable to hold. And I love the colour!

Zoggs Kids' Dive Sticks - pack of 4
Zoggs Kids' Dive Sticks - pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the pool, 6 Jan. 2013
Well designed and durable. This has provided lots of entertainment in the pool. Convenient bag for easy and tidy storage.

Stylish Polka Dots Gel Silicone Case Cover For Apple iPhone 4s 4 s 4g 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB + Screen Protector & MadCase ® Microfibre Cloth (Teal Blue)
Offered by Gadgets 'N' Bits Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan. 2013
Battled to find a suitable cover for my iPhone, but this one ticks all the boxes. Great colour and design, good protection, great price. My phone hasn't yet dropped with it on, so can't say how it would hold out in that situation. But happy so far.

Page: 1 | 2